Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

The steel is already at another guy, should be ready tomorrow. 

I need 2 6.5" diameter rings, with a 3" hole in the middle and a 4 inch disk set back 1/8". Material thickness 3/8". 

6.5" was to big for his lathe?  Really??????  

Yeah and he couldn't say it when the steel got to him, I had to have my shit delayed a day. 

First I need to be fitted by an expert and for them to tell me what to look for. I have been recommend to try polo purple label and brooks brothers for off the rack and/or semi custom. Where you need tall I am Iin need of wide.Pants will change and change and change as I loose weight. I need new holes in my belts now. I am starting to get them all in suspenders because of the speed I am loosing weight. I have come to like wool separate pants over cottons, or cheep stretch banded cheepo khakis that I burn through fast. Right now I smash 2-3 pairs of cottons in 6 months. The wools will at least stay in good shape for 6 months if I alternate and rotate and they can be tailored down as I need.So even in the better shirts I buy my shoulders pull the shirts and I bust through the back of shirts. And driving puts a stupid amount of stress on my shirts. Arm holes are huge in most off the rack, so my arm moves the whole shirt. Smaller arm holes would be better. Because my forearms are so thick it exasperates the problem. So I always end up unbottoning the sleeves. I should be a 36/37 but because the back fabrick is basically pulled every time I move my arm I am fucked.I can even feel it catch in my neck sometimes.

I'd go to Nordstrom's first. I wouldn't buy anything, but I'd get fitted for shirts. Grab the gayest looking sales guy there and see what he can find. If they can't find anything then I'd try Brooks. Not sure where they are outside of Maple Grove though, yuck.

What do you consider to. Be the best materials, brands, and colors for business?

I need to start suit shopping soon.

J

Brand is what fits that isn't made from shit. K&G suits and the like will NEVER press right as they aren't sewn right. Not worth it. Same problem occurs with fabrics that aren't DRY CLEAN ONLY. Those can stay pressable, ones that shrink cannot. *note, not shirts those HAVE to be washed and not drycleaned. Cotton is king in shirts IMO, but that is for comfort. It's an absolute bitch to iron, but considering my past that is easy for me. Adding some poly to the shirt will greatly reduce ironing time. Suit should be wool

....did you work in drycleaning??

One of my oldest buddies is in the that biz... if you 2 are fuggin related... buahahahah he is a tall SOB too.

Think the folks owned a dry cleaning biz.  

Why I am even looking for a better shirt is because I can afford it, it would be more comfortable and one shirt that fits properly will outlast the off the rack ones for me.

A shirt that is 2x the price of a stock shirt because it is custom is actually half the price. Yep, in my experience shirts that fit last 4x as long as ones that don't. That HAS to be part of the cost equation.

That being said if you are changing sizes soon investing in long lasting isn't logical.

To put that in perspective. If I gain 10lbs my shirts will not fit.

Your equation makes sense but even if I lost 100 pounds the pull across my back would not be fixed.

My arms are relatively lean and all I care about is being able to grab things in front of me. Even if it was HUGE around the middle my neck and shoulders won't change more than a little bit.

You are correct though it doesn't make sense to have a shirt that won't last long but I have enough money to spend on work clothes, where I can wear a shirt that doesn't fit at the end of 6 months oooor just have torn up shirts after 6 months.

Kind of like tools. Even if used rarely the better the tool the more reliable it is.

if they haven't done so already, I believe DIY Channel has gone full retard

they're asking the guy at the Home Depot for pointers, tips and tricks

aaaaaand they just spend 4.5 grand for a front door...just one door, no side glass...doesn't include the hardware, shims, screws, or lumber for the door jamb...just a large plank of wood, essentially...

I know an engineer at Pella's custom plant...  Prices get somewhat outrageous on some of their stuff.  

Turned out to be a solid mahogany door. Made me wince they wasted all that mahogany for a fucking front door.

Gotta love it when the e-mail concerning your mandatory drug screen gets sent to your spam folder...

Edited by Frostedflakejake

Gotta love it when the e-mail concerning your mandatory drug screen gets sent to your spam folder...

Who would trust email to handle that????

Sport coat is good advice. I just recommend suits until you have a position or as you said. One suit many shirts.

Can you even wear extra long coats Sean, nothing on a rack works for me, I would guess even harder for you.

I need 2 6.5" diameter rings, with a 3" hole in the middle and a 4 inch disk set back 1/8". Material thickness 3/8". 

It is too big for mine.  6" baby lathe

Think the folks owned a dry cleaning biz.  

Exactly.

Why I am even looking for a better shirt is because I can afford it, it would be more comfortable and one shirt that fits properly will outlast the off the rack ones for me.

A shirt that is 2x the price of a stock shirt because it is custom is actually half the price. Yep, in my experience shirts that fit last 4x as long as ones that don't. That HAS to be part of the cost equation.

That being said if you are changing sizes soon investing in long lasting isn't logical.

To put that in perspective. If I gain 10lbs my shirts will not fit.

Your equation makes sense but even if I lost 100 pounds the pull across my back would not be fixed.

My arms are relatively lean and all I care about is being able to grab things in front of me. Even if it was HUGE around the middle my neck and shoulders won't change more than a little bit.

You are correct though it doesn't make sense to have a shirt that won't last long but I have enough money to spend on work clothes, where I can wear a shirt that doesn't fit at the end of 6 months oooor just have torn up shirts after 6 months.

Kind of like tools. Even if used rarely the better the tool the more reliable it is.

The size change comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular.  For me, gaining weight means my neck, shoulders, and chest won't fit.  Rest has space as I am LONG.

Sport coat is good advice. I just recommend suits until you have a position or as you said. One suit many shirts.

Can you even wear extra long coats Sean, nothing on a rack works for me, I would guess even harder for you.

Hugo Boss Longs are "okay".  NOTHING else fits.

My problem isn't the long as much as it is the drop.  44" to 35" isn't quite the standard 2"

One other thing, WATER WATER WATER!!!!!!

J

Best advice yet. Drink 2 gallons a day. It'll do plenty for your health.

Something I need to do myself. I don't drink a lot as it is, but starting today I am drinking more water. Made a note so it reminds me.

Maybe rum later.

Must be a slow news day:

There’s a new sheriff in Philadelphia, and he plays by his own rules.

Jeannine Edwards reported from Eagles camp on SportsCenter this morning, highlighting the extent to which new head coach Chip Kelly has autocratically encroached on his players’ inalienable rights.

“Everything in the cafeteria has been re-made, and everyone in the organization from upper management to the staffers to the players are commenting on it,” Edwards said. “You go in the cafeteria and you see nothing but healthy food choices because Chip Kelly believes elite athletes need optimal nutrition.”

Unbelievable.

And it gets worse.

“Gone are things like Taco Tuesdays and Fast Food Fridays, which the players are not too happy about,” Edwards continued. “Pizza, chicken wings, fried foods — and even red meat — are off the menu. [Kelly wants] nothing but organic hormone- and antibiotic-free lean meats.”

Who would trust email to handle that????

Ford Motor Company, evidently. I knew I would have to get drug screened but they told me they would contact me to tell me to schedule within a time window. I never got the e-mail...

Not Ford actually; whomever they outsourced the responsibility too. Which sucks. Cause if they can't process me fast enough I can't start on my start date. 

They use all local Work One or county employment agencies.  Fucking stupid.

It is too big for mine.  6" baby

ummm whats that ?

penis jokes are always funny

They use all local Work One or county employment agencies.  Fucking stupid.

Either way, my deadline for completing my drugscreen was April 22nd. I wish they would have contacted me sooner about the fact I didn't get it done. There's a good chance I won't be able to start next week like planned due to this bullshit. 

Must be a slow news day:

There’s a new sheriff in Philadelphia, and he plays by his own rules.

Jeannine Edwards reported from Eagles camp on SportsCenter this morning, highlighting the extent to which new head coach Chip Kelly has autocratically encroached on his players’ inalienable rights.

“Everything in the cafeteria has been re-made, and everyone in the organization from upper management to the staffers to the players are commenting on it,” Edwards said. “You go in the cafeteria and you see nothing but healthy food choices because Chip Kelly believes elite athletes need optimal nutrition.”

Unbelievable.

And it gets worse.

“Gone are things like Taco Tuesdays and Fast Food Fridays, which the players are not too happy about,” Edwards continued. “Pizza, chicken wings, fried foods — and even red meat — are off the menu. [Kelly wants] nothing but organic hormone- and antibiotic-free lean meats.”

MN said yes to same sex marriage. Kinda news worthy!

Followed by the penis joke.  Hmm.