Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Sean, or anyone, been to brooks brothers? I'm going to try their website but I wanted to know if they make bespoke shirts or just use a pattern or tailor off the shelf.

I just spent 650 bucks for comprise, and I am a little pissed.

I guess there is some place up here called John's that will make clothes. Going to check them out too.

I've never been to Brooks, but I have colleagues that only shop there. IMO of course their shit doesn't fit, but I don't think mine does either. tongue.png I define fit like the Euro's do though. That being said he sure made it sound like they had a ton of variety that could make it okay.

What sort of clothing do you need?

Also curious how bad the stock Nordstrom shirts are as the Rack's in town usually have a few. I'd go to the main store for the fit though to make sure you know what you want as the Rack employee's are not quite of the same caliber.

First I need to be fitted by an expert and for them to tell me what to look for. I have been recommend to try polo purple label and brooks brothers for off the rack and/or semi custom. Where you need tall I am I

in need of wide.

Pants will change and change and change as I loose weight. I need new holes in my belts now. I am starting to get them all in suspenders because of the speed I am loosing weight. I have come to like wool separate pants over cottons, or cheep stretch banded cheepo khakis that I burn through fast. Right now I smash 2-3 pairs of cottons in 6 months. The wools will at least stay in good shape for 6 months if I alternate and rotate and they can be tailored down as I need.

So even in the better shirts I buy my shoulders pull the shirts and I bust through the back of shirts. And driving puts a stupid amount of stress on my shirts. Arm holes are huge in most off the rack, so my arm moves the whole shirt. Smaller arm holes would be better. Because my forearms are so thick it exasperates the problem. So I always end up unbottoning the sleeves. I should be a 36/37 but because the back fabrick is basically pulled every time I move my arm I am fucked.

I can even feel it catch in my neck sometimes.

Edited by dem beats

This one should be in garage soon. The blue one sold but this one came available and actually is better. Gonna try to go pick it up this week before the good guys event.

I love my truck and just got it the way I want but I can't seem to get over the lines of the 60.

CCE775E4-E0D3-4C61-BB49-789AFB757C1B-361

9AC4445F-6E3B-489C-A360-ECBB579DE911-361

My trucks I am trading the 72 shop truck. The 67 long bed is my baby and will have air ride soon.

68CF09CE-D404-4055-9C1E-A5B393BEFCFB-361

2C23DC5B-7C7B-4DF3-9E0F-8790F3709297-361

3572A335-90C2-434C-81C4-C19BFCD6AB13-361

If it wasn't for me having this long bed 67 I wouldn't ever think of selling the 72 but damn the 60 Biscayne is flat wicked looking. It will get limo tint immediately and also some patina on a few select areas. Maybe burlap seat covers and beer labels and cigar box labels headliner

Swift, dude, what the hell do you do? I'm must be in the wrong field. That 1960 is sexy!

If I were living in Nashville I'd be sure to call on you guys. Very professional website.

Jon,

I get what your saying on living by the phone, but it's no excuse man. You need to make time for your health brother. You can either make time for it now, or you can make time for it in the hospital. The choice is yours.

As for breakfast grab something quick. An egg white omelette with some peppers and a pinch of cheese is a good start. A cup of black coffee and there is meal one.

A handful or two of nuts (unsalted) like almonds, or pumpkin seeds can be a small snack. Meal two down.

Lunch, something rich in protein (ham sammich on whole grain bread) and something else healthy (small salad). Meal three down.

Some more nuts or maybe some fruit. Meal four is gone.

Dinner. Grilled chicken breast, brown or wholegrain rice. There is five meals.

Just before bed something slow digesting, rich in protein. He'll maybe even a protein shake or fresh blended smoothie. Meal six gone.

You hit all the major food groups, avoided extra sugars and fats. The mini meals can be put in small lunch pail if needed to be kept cold (apples, oranges) and taken n the truck and eaten on the road.

You would be amazed at how this will help. I did it while driving convoys while deployed, while in the field, driving cross country, and while in an office job. If I can do it,executives of multi billion dollar companies an do it, firemen,policemen, and others can do. It so can you brother.

I am not preaching to be a dick man. I am doing it because you asked for help, and I refuse to give you bullshit advice. That being said, the sweet tea need to change man. And not to fake sweeteners either. That shit has been proven to be even worse for you than real sugar ever has been. Just like you researched to find the best bang for your buck for audio equipment, you need to research the foods you feed your body. See what the ingredients have for nutritional values, see what they cause for disease, what they do. To your metabolism, blood sugar, blood pressure and more. Do everything you can to find alternatives to surgery, to benefit yourself.

One last thing, eating only twice a day puts your body into starvation mode. It says 'oh fuck we are going into famine. I need to store resources for a long time. Make fat NOW' much like when bears hibernate for winter. More food and cleaner food is they only way to change this.

Sorry for the rant, and bouncing around.

J

One other thing, WATER WATER WATER!!!!!!

J

Here's the bitch, trail ready, after a dusty ride:

IMG_4193.jpg

HOLY big frame.

And i'm 5'11" but i like not having a foot tall seatpost

The '60 is sexy, but damn, I love those trucks.  

First I need to be fitted by an expert and for them to tell me what to look for. I have been recommend to try polo purple label and brooks brothers for off the rack and/or semi custom. Where you need tall I am I

in need of wide.

Pants will change and change and change as I loose weight. I need new holes in my belts now. I am starting to get them all in suspenders because of the speed I am loosing weight. I have come to like wool separate pants over cottons, or cheep stretch banded cheepo khakis that I burn through fast. Right now I smash 2-3 pairs of cottons in 6 months. The wools will at least stay in good shape for 6 months if I alternate and rotate and they can be tailored down as I need.

So even in the better shirts I buy my shoulders pull the shirts and I bust through the back of shirts. And driving puts a stupid amount of stress on my shirts. Arm holes are huge in most off the rack, so my arm moves the whole shirt. Smaller arm holes would be better. Because my forearms are so thick it exasperates the problem. So I always end up unbottoning the sleeves. I should be a 36/37 but because the back fabrick is basically pulled every time I move my arm I am fucked.

I'd go to Nordstrom's first. I wouldn't buy anything, but I'd get fitted for shirts. Grab the gayest looking sales guy there and see what he can find. If they can't find anything then I'd try Brooks. Not sure where they are outside of Maple Grove though, yuck.

One other thing, WATER WATER WATER!!!!!!

J

Best advice yet. Drink 2 gallons a day. It'll do plenty for your health.

Here's the bitch, trail ready, after a dusty ride:

IMG_4193.jpg

HOLY big frame.
And i'm 5'11" but i like not having a foot tall seatpost
...but it's a Mt. Bike. Just has a SUPER relaxed riding position. For going 10 hours at a pop great, but not so much for aggressive riding. I used to run a 10" drop from seat to bars for my tree banging bike. Now that I am older I'd probably limit it to 5-6". My road bike which is SUPER relaxed still has a 3" drop.

Yes higher bars is more "comfortable" and I always preach comfort, but if you aren't one to lolligag at 5mph something more aggressive will do you well.

*I would also NEVER ride a Mt. Bike with such a short seat post. I value my balls WAY too much.

Given Jon's line of work 2 gallons a day could definitely be feasible.

Edited by Penguin4x4

One other thing, WATER WATER WATER!!!!!!J

Best advice yet. Drink 2 gallons a day. It'll do plenty for your health.

With his amount of time outside and such I can see 2 gallons. For those of s with more 'sedintary' lines of work a gallon a day is more feasible, and adviseable.

J

First I need to be fitted by an expert and for them to tell me what to look for. I have been recommend to try polo purple label and brooks brothers for off the rack and/or semi custom. Where you need tall I am Iin need of wide.Pants will change and change and change as I loose weight. I need new holes in my belts now. I am starting to get them all in suspenders because of the speed I am loosing weight. I have come to like wool separate pants over cottons, or cheep stretch banded cheepo khakis that I burn through fast. Right now I smash 2-3 pairs of cottons in 6 months. The wools will at least stay in good shape for 6 months if I alternate and rotate and they can be tailored down as I need.So even in the better shirts I buy my shoulders pull the shirts and I bust through the back of shirts. And driving puts a stupid amount of stress on my shirts. Arm holes are huge in most off the rack, so my arm moves the whole shirt. Smaller arm holes would be better. Because my forearms are so thick it exasperates the problem. So I always end up unbottoning the sleeves. I should be a 36/37 but because the back fabrick is basically pulled every time I move my arm I am fucked.I can even feel it catch in my neck sometimes.

I'd go to Nordstrom's first. I wouldn't buy anything, but I'd get fitted for shirts. Grab the gayest looking sales guy there and see what he can find. If they can't find anything then I'd try Brooks. Not sure where they are outside of Maple Grove though, yuck.

What do you consider to. Be the best materials, brands, and colors for business?

I need to start suit shopping soon.

J

in need of wide.

Yeah.... tried that. I think there is a Nordstroms at the MOA.

For one of the highest average income per household areas the twin cities really lack "fancy" shopping. You have to fucking dig to find tallent.

I also didn't finish. Eventually I will need to buy more suits when I loose weight and the ultra good tailor I use at men's warehouse had a little come to jesus anout how barely any coat will fit me be ause of my back.

When I was cleaning up the turbine building I would drink 2-3 gallons a shift and my piss would still be beer colored. Had to drink another gallon or so when I got home just to "keep up".

Mother fucking jury duty.

just walk in and ask where the " whites only" water fountin is

First I need to be fitted by an expert and for them to tell me what to look for. I have been recommend to try polo purple label and brooks brothers for off the rack and/or semi custom. Where you need tall I am Iin need of wide.Pants will change and change and change as I loose weight. I need new holes in my belts now. I am starting to get them all in suspenders because of the speed I am loosing weight. I have come to like wool separate pants over cottons, or cheep stretch banded cheepo khakis that I burn through fast. Right now I smash 2-3 pairs of cottons in 6 months. The wools will at least stay in good shape for 6 months if I alternate and rotate and they can be tailored down as I need.So even in the better shirts I buy my shoulders pull the shirts and I bust through the back of shirts. And driving puts a stupid amount of stress on my shirts. Arm holes are huge in most off the rack, so my arm moves the whole shirt. Smaller arm holes would be better. Because my forearms are so thick it exasperates the problem. So I always end up unbottoning the sleeves. I should be a 36/37 but because the back fabrick is basically pulled every time I move my arm I am fucked.I can even feel it catch in my neck sometimes.

What do you consider to. Be the best materials, brands, and colors for business?

I need to start suit shopping soon.

J

Off the rack it is hard to beat Joseph Aboud for price/quality/comfort/nice looking fabrics. This fit most men fine and can be taken in if you need a slim fit. Slim fit doesn't mean you are skinny either. Just that you want the shirt to come in closer along your sides and not blouse as much.

Kalvin Cline makes an OK shirt. There is a new line from his products that are nice. I just purchased a few and will update you. But once again price and good fabric there.

The most recommended shirts off the rack I have read online about are Ralph Lauren and Brooks brothers for the "reasonably priced".

I have ended up at Men's Warehouse most frequently because of their buy one, get one sales. Great clearance prices too. On Friday I got 6 nice shirts, 4 ties, 2 wool pants tailored up, a couple tie clips, and a pair of casual shirts for about 650.

Why I am even looking for a better shirt is because I can afford it, it would be more comfortable and one shirt that fits properly will outlast the off the rack ones for me. With the constant pulling in the back I bust seams and pull the weave of the fabric long before the shirt should have been worn out.

As for fabricks, pattern and color are yours to choose. Or have the best dressed person there pick it out for you. Fabric materials make the most difference. Island/Egyptian/pima are about the best actual cotton. The weave of the cotton is another personal choice. Some are more durable and some are lighter and more breathable. Your hands and eyes can tell you that. My opinion is if you get a solid color shirt it is nice to habe a sheen and or texture. Another reason I am a fan of the Joseph Aboud shirts are the solids habe a nice sheen and herringbone pattern. I believe it would be considered a twill weave.

I'm not completely fluent in the weaves as it doesn't matter toooooo much for me. If I find someone to make bespoke shirts for me maybe I will have to learn something when I choose the cloth, but for now I can touch and see what I like and don't like rather than communicate what swatches to show me.

Mother fucking jury duty.

just walk in and ask where the " whites only" water fountin is
Effective

thanks j

and im woking on it..  ill have to premake the eggwhites or somthing because  the is not there before hand i have 20 mins to wake up get out of bed get dressed get in my truck and drive to the otherside of town or even further to work a wreck most time..

but that is NOT why i mentioned living life my phone. i mentioned that to say my body has no clue when is when.. like post people,.

and with that said, today i have already had a litter of water, and a some raw nuts.

and i have tried to  read.. alot... but  there are SOOOO many conflicting reads online.  its hard to find what is fact and what is not... too many dip shits with blogs 

im trying :D

They excused me. I have a vessel for Cuba to inspect today and I'm the only person qualified to inspect it. Plus I would incure a huge monetary hardship.

and i wanted to thank anyone who took the time and cared to respond.  i did not mean to come off in anyway other then greatful