Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

What's wrong with a lap dance?

Nothing at all.

More seriously I've never heard of a lap band, but have seen some amazing results from a bypass.  I am supportive of your decision to do everything else first.  Absolutely have a ton of respect for that.

It would be a last resort thing. I want to do it the "healthy" way, and it has come to that point where if I don't make some big changes I'll almost definitely develop Diabetes. My fathers side is full of it, and it is not something that I want to deal with. I'm turning 25 this year and have set my goal of losing 100 lbs by August. It's doable I just need to stay on track. 

Sponsor you for what?

TYPICALLY places such as GM's sponsor people who 'look' like customers.

J

come on man, i think you know what i meant,

i mean for weight loss, more like a testimony, im awell known guy in my town, and when BIGJON starts losing weight people will ask what and how.. and i say ,,., metroflex. or what ever....

also keep track and pictures of my progress and post on my face book and what nots....

but i do understand what your saying.

heres the deal, and ill put my self out there so that i can be made fun of my a small group,

but i went to the doctors today, and after months of testing , my doctor, that normaly stays to a natrual cure low medication type healing, was so confused and perplexed, .... he suggested something that i never expected to hear from him....

after tons of testing my thyroid is fine, my blood suger is fine, my blood pressure is fine. my testostrone is back in line, im active, as my job calls for it. i eat decent , mainly salads for lunch and chicken and white rice for dinner, and my weight keeps around the same or goes up.. i got on the scale today and i was like WWWWHHHHAAT THE FUCK.. even my doctor had me get back on... it makes no sence.

so he sugested lap band or gastric sleeve.... not somthing i wanted to do.. thats why i have been paying him a shit ton of money to do all these test... because i was hoping to find an off balance that we could correct and get me down some what...

but no.. hes basicly giving up on me.

my doc stood back, looking at me, telling me,. you dont look as heavy as you are, you carry it well.. but why are you so big? .... i donno doc thats what i have been asking you for years .... and he looked so confused,.

he told me " if i didnt know you .. and just looked at your chart.. and all the test results i would think you were an avrage man, untill i get to your weight, then it all changes how are you so .. for lack or a better term healty other then your BMI"

so as a last effort im going to go down to the gym and push.. i hope to go between tows, jump on somthing for 15 mins at a time 3 times aday or somthing... ill give it three months and if i cant manage it then i guess ill have no choice but to look into it..

but i really cant afford it....

i really dont want to do it....

i just wanna be fucking normal not skinny. just a normal chunky fucking dude.

How old are you?

Your story sounds just like mine other than as of last year I got hit with diabetes and arthritis.

Do you have any immune related issues? Psoriasis, or anything skin related?

Wife took me and some buddies to a strip club. I felt like a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Nothing at all.

More seriously I've never heard of a lap band, but have seen some amazing results from a bypass. I am supportive of your decision to do everything else first. Absolutely have a ton of respect for that.

It would be a last resort thing. I want to do it the "healthy" way, and it has come to that point where if I don't make some big changes I'll almost definitely develop Diabetes. My fathers side is full of it, and it is not something that I want to deal with. I'm turning 25 this year and have set my goal of losing 100 lbs by August. It's doable I just need to stay on track.

Wow. You CAN do it man. I went from 375 down to 265 in 6 months. 90 of it in the first 2. Just ate 6 meals a day, ultra clean, then anything I want on sundays. Lift 3 times a week and any joint friendly cardio.

For the big guys here I can't stress enough to focus on lifting weitghs and doing cardio that is low impact.

Lift lift lift lift and the walk, walk in water like a pool, swim, pedal on either a super comfy stationary bike or elliptical.

If you want to ride a street bike or mountain be really careful at first. Extremely careful.

Having lifted weights for some 29 years (I was 14 and turn 43 in a few months)...here is some of what I know.

I am not explaining each thing. Use google or this other weird thing called books!

It is not new. It is not revolutionary. It does not contain fancy names. It works. It is free.

1. Proper squats below parallel.

2. 10 years of consistent training.

3. Strength then size then conditioning.

4. EVERYONE wants muscles.

5. Fat is unhealthy.

6. Too skinny is unhealthy.

7. Balanced strength and development is the key.

8. Arnold and Bill Kazmaier never used bands or chains.

9. The best physiques were built in the 50's, 60's and 70's.

10. Read, digest, experiment.

11. Ego training will get you injured.

12. There's always someone stronger.

13. If you just used Bill Starr's training programs for your whole lifting life you'd be set.

14. Lifting gurus - don't get me started.

15. If someone doesn't practice what they preach then don't listen to them.

16. Beware of the genetic freak.

17. Add weight to bodyweight exercises.

18. 300 bench, 400 squat, 500 deadlift is still pretty rare in most gyms.

19. Strict Military Pressing your bodyweight overhead is a worthy goal.

20. Full range of motion please.

21. Forget superslow or time under tension.

22. Supplements are generally inferior to this thing called food.

23. Getting big for the sake of it is stupid.

24. Girls train harder than men.

25. The gym should be treated like a dojo, with respect.

26. The old guy still squatting, pressing and pulling probably knows a thing or two.

27. A man will never be stronger than a gorilla.

28. Lifting weights will get you bigger, stronger, faster, fitter and slimmer, quicker than any other form of training.

29. Nobody cares about your training.

Yeah, don't agree with the fat is unhealthy. Quite the opposite IMO

Hey guys, just wanted to show off my new guitar i got today biggrin.png

20130508_141450_zps31c7bcac.jpg

Very nice paint job and I like the frette inlay. smile.png

Thanks, it plays a good as it looks too! Do you pick a little?

I used to play daily until I shattered my left wrist in a car wreck a number of years ago.  Now it is a struggle to have fine muscle control with out much pain for extended periods, not to mention the time has escaped me on being able to practice. sad.png

Never too late to pick it back up smile.png Have you heard of Django Reinhardt?

I don't even have time to work on my own audio, let alone practice.  ;)  Nope, have not heard of him.

Sponsor you for what?

J

come on man, i think  you know what i meant,

i mean for weight loss,  more like a testimony, im awell known guy in my town, and when BIGJON starts losing weight people will ask  what and how.. and i say ,,., metroflex. or what ever....

also  keep track and pictures of my progress and  post on my face book and what nots....

heres the deal, and ill put my self out there so that  i can be made fun of my a small group,

but i went to the doctors today, and after months of testing , my doctor, that normaly stays to a natrual cure low medication type healing,  was so confused and perplexed, .... he suggested something that i never expected to hear from him....

after tons of testing my thyroid is fine, my blood suger is fine, my blood pressure is fine. my testostrone is back in line,  im active, as my job calls for it.  i eat decent , mainly salads for lunch and chicken and white rice for dinner, and my weight keeps around the same or goes up.. i got on the scale today and i was like WWWWHHHHAAT THE FUCK.. even my doctor had me get back on...   it makes no sence.

so he sugested lap band or gastric sleeve.... not somthing i wanted to do.. thats why i have been paying him a shit ton of money to do all these test... because i was hoping to find an off balance  that we could correct and get me down  some what...

my doc stood back,  looking at me,  telling me,. you dont look as heavy as you are, you carry it well.. but why are you so big? ....  i donno doc thats what i have been asking you for years .... and he looked so confused,.

he  told me " if i didnt know you .. and just looked at your chart..  and all the test results i would think you were an avrage man, untill i get to your weight,  then it all changes  how are you so .. for lack or a better term healty other then your BMI"

so  as a last effort im going to go down to the gym and push.. i hope to go between tows,  jump on somthing for 15 mins at a time 3 times aday or somthing...  ill give it three months and if i cant manage it then i guess ill have no choice but to look into it..

i just wanna be fucking normal  not skinny. just a normal chunky fucking dude.

I wish I was there to help.  If anything, low impact/long time/interval cardio might be the best thing right now.  Many programs recently just point to very high intensity workouts where form is lost often.  But the issue with that is for those who are not used to working out on a daily or near daily basis, many of them drop out fast or their body is just not ready for such a big transition.  On the biggest loser, (not at all saying you need to be on there, just using an example) he is just pushing them for hours on hard cardio because they are focused on the number on the scale.  Some weight training is always key, as muscle may weight nearly 4x fat, but muscle mass is much more dense and takes up so much less space.  It is great to see a lot of women recently that are not stuck on the scale number, but focused on BFP and fitness.  Many are actually gaining some weight, but looking worlds harder/better/faster/stronger, work it, make it, do it, makes us.. ;)

Anyway, excuse my DP moment, maybe start off by joining D at the gym, because for so many the hardest part is getting there. ;)

Yeah, don't agree with the fat is unhealthy. Quite the opposite IMO

Fat on your body, not in your food.

hB7X15I.jpg

I want a 10 foot stick with a really sharp nail on the front.

Sponsor you for what?

J

come on man, i think you know what i meant,

i mean for weight loss, more like a testimony, im awell known guy in my town, and when BIGJON starts losing weight people will ask what and how.. and i say ,,., metroflex. or what ever....

also keep track and pictures of my progress and post on my face book and what nots....

heres the deal, and ill put my self out there so that i can be made fun of my a small group,

but i went to the doctors today, and after months of testing , my doctor, that normaly stays to a natrual cure low medication type healing, was so confused and perplexed, .... he suggested something that i never expected to hear from him....

after tons of testing my thyroid is fine, my blood suger is fine, my blood pressure is fine. my testostrone is back in line, im active, as my job calls for it. i eat decent , mainly salads for lunch and chicken and white rice for dinner, and my weight keeps around the same or goes up.. i got on the scale today and i was like WWWWHHHHAAT THE FUCK.. even my doctor had me get back on... it makes no sence.

so he sugested lap band or gastric sleeve.... not somthing i wanted to do.. thats why i have been paying him a shit ton of money to do all these test... because i was hoping to find an off balance that we could correct and get me down some what...

my doc stood back, looking at me, telling me,. you dont look as heavy as you are, you carry it well.. but why are you so big? .... i donno doc thats what i have been asking you for years .... and he looked so confused,.

he told me " if i didnt know you .. and just looked at your chart.. and all the test results i would think you were an avrage man, untill i get to your weight, then it all changes how are you so .. for lack or a better term healty other then your BMI"

so as a last effort im going to go down to the gym and push.. i hope to go between tows, jump on somthing for 15 mins at a time 3 times aday or somthing... ill give it three months and if i cant manage it then i guess ill have no choice but to look into it..

i just wanna be fucking normal not skinny. just a normal chunky fucking dude.

How old are you?

Your story sounds just like mine other than as of last year I got hit with diabetes and arthritis.

Do you have any immune related issues? Psoriasis, or anything skin related?

i just turned 30 and a half .. lol

the doc looked at my skin and stuff yesterday . .he didnt seem worried, even when i pointed out to him that my shins are getting dotted with red marks  along with the tops of my feet.. but he just said its from being on my feet for long periods of time, and as some of you seen in the last two week i had that mega wreck that keep me on my feet for days  with no rest,

Sponsor you for what?

J

come on man, i think  you know what i meant,

i mean for weight loss,  more like a testimony, im awell known guy in my town, and when BIGJON starts losing weight people will ask  what and how.. and i say ,,., metroflex. or what ever....

also  keep track and pictures of my progress and  post on my face book and what nots....

heres the deal, and ill put my self out there so that  i can be made fun of my a small group,

but i went to the doctors today, and after months of testing , my doctor, that normaly stays to a natrual cure low medication type healing,  was so confused and perplexed, .... he suggested something that i never expected to hear from him....

after tons of testing my thyroid is fine, my blood suger is fine, my blood pressure is fine. my testostrone is back in line,  im active, as my job calls for it.  i eat decent , mainly salads for lunch and chicken and white rice for dinner, and my weight keeps around the same or goes up.. i got on the scale today and i was like WWWWHHHHAAT THE FUCK.. even my doctor had me get back on...   it makes no sence.

so he sugested lap band or gastric sleeve.... not somthing i wanted to do.. thats why i have been paying him a shit ton of money to do all these test... because i was hoping to find an off balance  that we could correct and get me down  some what...

my doc stood back,  looking at me,  telling me,. you dont look as heavy as you are, you carry it well.. but why are you so big? ....  i donno doc thats what i have been asking you for years .... and he looked so confused,.

he  told me " if i didnt know you .. and just looked at your chart..  and all the test results i would think you were an avrage man, untill i get to your weight,  then it all changes  how are you so .. for lack or a better term healty other then your BMI"

so  as a last effort im going to go down to the gym and push.. i hope to go between tows,  jump on somthing for 15 mins at a time 3 times aday or somthing...  ill give it three months and if i cant manage it then i guess ill have no choice but to look into it..

i just wanna be fucking normal  not skinny. just a normal chunky fucking dude.

I wish I was there to help.  If anything, low impact/long time/interval cardio might be the best thing right now.  Many programs recently just point to very high intensity workouts where form is lost often.  But the issue with that is for those who are not used to working out on a daily or near daily basis, many of them drop out fast or their body is just not ready for such a big transition.  On the biggest loser, (not at all saying you need to be on there, just using an example) he is just pushing them for hours on hard cardio because they are focused on the number on the scale.  Some weight training is always key, as muscle may weight nearly 4x fat, but muscle mass is much more dense and takes up so much less space.  It is great to see a lot of women recently that are not stuck on the scale number, but focused on BFP and fitness.  Many are actually gaining some weight, but looking worlds harder/better/faster/stronger, work it, make it, do it, makes us.. wink.png

Anyway, excuse my DP moment, maybe start off by joining D at the gym, because for so many the hardest part is getting there. wink.png

yeah i hear that... dani is  not going to the gym she does her works out on tv  with some gay guy sweet tea no....saun D yeah suan D

she is doing great im super proud of her..

For the big guys here I can't stress enough to focus on lifting weitghs and doing cardio that is low impact.

Lift lift lift lift and the walk, walk in water like a pool, swim, pedal on either a super comfy stationary bike or elliptical.

If you want to ride a street bike or mountain be really careful at first. Extremely careful.

yeah last year i lost 45 lbs in as many days..  i even wore out a stationary bike,  but igained it back QUICK and then more.

so i bought  anew  bike, and steve mead gave me an elepital but its so damn awkward for me!!!

An on ze plane home

Bought bike tires today, spent $50 tubes included. 

Front:

1302611210.jpg

Rear: 

maxxis_crossmark_mtb_tyre_4.jpg

Each one weighs in at around 550 grams, foldable. I'm shocked I found them so cheap, I expected wire beads. 26 x 1.95. Really curious to mount them up tomorrow. 

Sweet, mine are kinda similar, if we compare treads.

yeah last year i lost 45 lbs in as many days.. i even wore out a stationary bike, but igained it back QUICK and then more.

so i bought anew bike, and steve mead gave me an elepital but its so damn awkward for me!!!

They are akward.

I cannot stress enough that you need SOME weight/resistance training in your life. When you weight train it increases your metabolic rate for longer than when doing cardio. As bigger fellows we are also prime for injury when working the cardio too much.

I believe cardio has some great benefits. I am not saying to not do it. I get cardio in 3 times a week even though I am not "working out". It doesn't make nearly as much difference in my body shape.

You don't have to go all uber bro science and macho, but stretching and lifting will change your physique faster than anything.

I'm lucky with the gym, just looked at my belt and I dropped almost 4 inches since I started working out with small changes in the diet (and eating way more than before). 

I'm lucky with the gym, just looked at my belt and I dropped almost 4 inches since I started working out with small changes in the diet (and eating way more than before).

Adrian, I bet your diet consisted of 2x (at least) of the veggies of a SAD (Standard American Diet) prior to tweaking.

yeah last year i lost 45 lbs in as many days.. i even wore out a stationary bike, but igained it back QUICK and then more.

so i bought anew bike, and steve mead gave me an elepital but its so damn awkward for me!!!

They are akward.

I cannot stress enough that you need SOME weight/resistance training in your life. When you weight train it increases your metabolic rate for longer than when doing cardio. As bigger fellows we are also prime for injury when working the cardio too much.

I believe cardio has some great benefits. I am not saying to not do it. I get cardio in 3 times a week even though I am not "working out". It doesn't make nearly as much difference in my body shape.

You don't have to go all uber bro science and macho, but stretching and lifting will change your physique faster than anything.

Matt2 is dead on on this.. Dead on. What's crazy is I switched to weight lifting with some gymnastics holds and didn't run for forever. Down the road I ran 2 times and the second time was 4 miles, which is about my personal best.

Also, I would say outside of a bike (stanionary or regular) or swimming that speed walking is king. Find your target fat burning heart rate on a treadmill (learn what 12x BPM feels like) and do it by walking in interesting places.

It's not very complicated unless you have a medical condition. Eat less and move around more.

And not less food but less calories. Simple math is all it takes. If you consume less calories than you use to support life functions then you lose weight.

All I do is walk. sad.png

By nature, I speed do everything though so it's an awful lot of speed walking. Yes, I'm the guy that alwys looks like I am in a rush at the airport.

It's not very complicated unless you have a medical condition. Eat less and move around more.

And not less food but less calories. Simple math is all it takes. If you consume less calories than you use to support life functions then you lose weight.

oh ok.. i donno why i didnt think about it :\

really dude. if it was that simple for me then i would not have paid my doctor as much as i have to find the REASON WHY it is so hard FOR ME to lose weight.

and im sure  the DOCTOR would not be confused as to what is up with me......

honestly dude. things like this is why i dont post.

it not like im layin on the couch eating cheese burgers and crying about why i cant lose weight.

nevermind. thanks for the advice brother ill try that :D