Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

You might have a medical condition, then. Have you seen an endocrinologist to get your hormone levels checked?

You might have a medical condition, then. Have you seen an endocrinologist to get your hormone levels checked?

yes my first post talked about that

hD69EA7D2.jpg

lol he must work closely with OSHA

Sponsor you for what?

TYPICALLY places such as GM's sponsor people who 'look' like customers.

J

come on man, i think  you know what i meant,

i mean for weight loss,  more like a testimony, im awell known guy in my town, and when BIGJON starts losing weight people will ask  what and how.. and i say ,,., metroflex. or what ever....

also  keep track and pictures of my progress and  post on my face book and what nots....

but i do understand what your saying.

heres the deal, and ill put my self out there so that  i can be made fun of my a small group,

but i went to the doctors today, and after months of testing , my doctor, that normaly stays to a natrual cure low medication type healing,  was so confused and perplexed, .... he suggested something that i never expected to hear from him....

after tons of testing my thyroid is fine, my blood suger is fine, my blood pressure is fine. my testostrone is back in line,  im active, as my job calls for it.  i eat decent , mainly salads for lunch and chicken and white rice for dinner, and my weight keeps around the same or goes up.. i got on the scale today and i was like WWWWHHHHAAT THE FUCK.. even my doctor had me get back on...   it makes no sence.

so he sugested lap band or gastric sleeve.... not somthing i wanted to do.. thats why i have been paying him a shit ton of money to do all these test... because i was hoping to find an off balance  that we could correct and get me down  some what...

but no.. hes basicly giving up on me.

my doc stood back,  looking at me,  telling me,. you dont look as heavy as you are, you carry it well.. but why are you so big? ....  i donno doc thats what i have been asking you for years .... and he looked so confused,.

he  told me " if i didnt know you .. and just looked at your chart..  and all the test results i would think you were an avrage man, untill i get to your weight,  then it all changes  how are you so .. for lack or a better term healty other then your BMI"

so  as a last effort im going to go down to the gym and push.. i hope to go between tows,  jump on somthing for 15 mins at a time 3 times aday or somthing...  ill give it three months and if i cant manage it then i guess ill have no choice but to look into it..

but i really cant afford it....

i really dont want to do it....

i just wanna be fucking normal  not skinny. just a normal chunky fucking dude.

Okay let me start off by saying something brother. I would never make fun of you for being 'over weight' and especially for trying to improve your health. It takes a lot of balls to realize shit has to change without someone saying something, and even more to ask for help.

Now that being said, I have a feeling that you quite possibly spend half your work shift sitting down. In the truck, the office, what have you. Those of us who have sedentary work schedules (not up doing shit all shift) tend to have slower metabolisms. It's an unfortunate side effect of constant sitting. What's your diet like? I ask because simple things like only eating twice a day, and bigger portions do not help in weight loss. The body is like a furnace and just like the fire inside that furnace you need fuel to keep going. SMALL meals 5-7 times a day can be huge. Just like a snack can kill hunger cravings, small meals can keep that metabolism operating at max force. Increased water intake to help the body stay hydrated, and the metabolism going is also huge.

When we have guys who are over weight and body fat we have them do physical training twice a day. Hour in the am, and an hour towards the end of the day. If no progress in a short term then they go to a nutritionist to see what can be done to help. Our 'experts' always suggest what I have written above combined with cardio of varying intensity,and weight training. In under 3 months one kid who was COMMITTED and busted his ass in the gym, ate better and avoided alcohol, soda, sweet tea, and shit like that lost 45 lbs and 22% body fat. He went from hauling around a keg on his stomach to damn near the start of a six pack.

Hopefully this helps some man.

J

yes my first post talked about that

I know, but was he just a regular MD or an actual endocrinologist?

Either way I'd find another doctor.

md,

and  j,   your right, i  do sit alot, in my truck,.  my work is  in and out of my trunk..up and down off the ground daily, and from time to time its hours on end of up down in out heavy lifting,  and so forth ......

i think my issue is .. my body is fucked up from my work... it has NO FUCKING CLUE when its time to sleep or when its time to work....

i live my life by the phone.. when it rings im gone, .. no matter what.. no matter the time or what im doing,

the middle of the night, while im making dinner, love,  or what ever....

on top of that i have night terrors so even when im "sleeping" my mind is awake.

and as far as eating.. i never eat breakfast!! ever. i eat lunch and dinner.  thats all.   and thats when i can.. im on the road or on  on a scene ...

when im on the road its stupid hard to make good choices  on someting decent to eat.. so when im on a health kick.. i just wont eat.. allday.. ill eat dinner... but if im busy it will be late.. i eat when i can.

and when im scene ( a heavy wrecker  call allday type shit) i wont eat at all .. all day..  

its just how it goes.

and im not perfect.. i fucking LOVE sweet tea.. its my BIGGEST  problem i think.... also im a sucker for ice cream ( i havent had any in weeks)  and i like cholate  i do.. and bannana bread...

but for the most part its salads for luinch or a sandwich with lots of lettus  and dinner is pretty much chicken breast and white rice and a veggy

another problem is.. every two weeks i drink jegger and monster like a sumbitch.

Jon, I'm going to come at you absolutely straight. I hope you don't hate me.

You both have an unknown medical condition and more down tinightmares you think. This is both the cause and effect of your poor sleep and diet. My guess is you don eat nearly enough for the amount of time you work. If you don't get a full straight 8 of bed time compounded by your night terrors you are basically not sleeping.

With that lack of sleep you will have a hormone imbalance at minimum.

I have been where you are 3 times now with the doctor and other BS problems. It is what it is, but I know exactly how you feel. I have no idea how big you have been but when I was at my heaviest I was about 450.

No one knew it because I could run and jump and work just as hard as the next guy. But that weight alone is a health problem. I only have nightmares. And had/have sleeping problems

I will expand a bit more when I get in front of my PC. I have to try and drive home without needing to call a wrecker to pick my sorry POS up.

:-)

Real cure. Change your name from BigJon to LittleJon. Problem solved

Sorry, bad joke. Although there is some credibility in that maneuver. It is akin to a reality of mine. Quitting smoking. Not that hard, I've done it at least 100 times.

What fixed it was for me to label myself a non-smoker and act as such. So fucking hard always wanting to cheat. One day I decided I was done, changed how i labeled myself and was able to follow through with ease. Setting yourself up emotionally to "win" helps a ton.

Obviously in this case it isn't as easy as not pulling a lung dart from a pack, but the first step is the same IMO. Your second steps need a lot more diligence, but I am sure it'll be easier if the first step is right.

The rest of the crew that has piped in is rather good with exercise advice. I can probably only help in the dietary portion. In particular in making things that are good for you taste good.

Real cure. Change your name from BigJon to LittleJon. Problem solved

lol love it!

The rest of the crew that has piped in is rather good with exercise advice. I can probably only help in the dietary portion. In particular in making things that are good for you taste good.

thats what i need  man this chicken and white rise shit sucks.. but its what dani will eat.. i wish she would eat fish.. i like me some fish!

Rice is about the worst thing you can eat. Especially white rice. It has almost no nutritional value.

Rice is about the worst thing you can eat. Especially white rice. It has almost no nutritional value.

better then fries or tatter tots or some shit like that right?? its a empty filler. and thats why the im looking at it.

better then fries or tatter tots or some shit like that right?? its a empty filler. and thats why the im looking at it.

No.

100 gram serving white rice

330 calories

72 grams carbs

100 grams or French fries

275 calories

36 grams carbs.

And when you are eating all that salad. Look at the nutritional info on the dressing. If you are using more than a few tablespoons of anything other than oil and vinegar based dressing you would be better off eating a whopper.

I eat a LOT of brown rice.  Not the minute rice shit.  It's high in manganese, magnesium, selenium, a cup contains about 10% DV of protein, and 14% DV fiber.  It also contains several vitamins, such as vitamin B.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5707/2

I am not a huge fan of chicken. Vile beast.

If you don't own Kosher salt though, you need some otherwise it won't even be edible.

I am not a huge fan of chicken. Vile beast.

If you don't own Kosher salt though, you need some otherwise it won't even be edible.

No worse than pork. You do know that pigs are raised on multiple floors with grate floors for a reason.

Not where I get my pork, lol