Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I also love it when it fits in the rear holes easily Seth.

Doh.gif

You don't know about tight fits and awkward holes until you get working on the farthest back on a 5.4 Aaron.

Makes pataya beach look wholesome with all the cursing you will do. Bruised knuckles while torquing a tight hole is no vacation!

Any doctors in the house ?

My dairy & whey protein intake has increased substantially the past few weeks, and now I feel like shit all,the time. Stomach pains, gas, increased pooping frequency and I have to urinate every hour. Wondering if I'm lactose intolerant and just never noticed before ? Seems like an odd coincidence if not.

Piss*

I'm not gonna edit that. It's too perfect. Thanks spell check.

My dairy & whey protein intake has increased substantially the past few weeks, and now I feel like shit all,the time. Stomach pains, gas, increased pooping frequency and I have to urinate every hour. Wondering if I'm lactose intolerant and just never noticed before ? Seems like an odd coincidence if not.

It will just hit you one day out of nowhere.  I speak from experience.

Fuck all you Ford lovers. This is how my day started...

IMAG0213_zps1b624a97.jpg

I hate a 5.4.

I thank god I never had a problem.

Loved the 5.4 when the rest of the truck was working.

This truck was an immaculate 2008 F150 with 75K. The owner wanted a tune up, it wasn't due, nor needed based on drivability issues. I forewarned him of what could happen, and even did Ford's recommended soak overnight. 3 came apart. If you look at one of the plugs you will see that the threads tore right off the plug. When I removed the socket the metal came out, while the porcelain and side electrode portion stayed in the hole. I have seen plugs blow out of a vehicle like that, but I have never seen, nor heard of the porcelain remaining in the hole while the threaded portion came out.

Of course #4 and #8 broke. They are the 2 rear plugs. The other was, fortunately #1 and very easy to access. I had the Rotunda (Ford factory) removal tool before, but it was worn out. I bought the Lisle equivalent last year. This was my first time using it, and IMO it worked better than the Ford tool. It is a very low profile set up, so it fit into the rear holes relatively easy.

Did that one have the sticky injector issue?

Most whey protein has next to no lactose. Same with cheese etc. One glass of milk is like 3 cups of cottage cheese or something, and cottage is the most lactose rich dairy aside from milk.

More poop is kind of interesting as it means a lot more waste or fiber. And we know the dairy doesn't have fiber. So maybe the whey has some kind of filler in it, or isn't well filtered.

Sometimes people make their shakes with more water than needed so the extra Piss could be extra water.

It will just hit you one day out of nowhere. I speak from experience.

That is kind of true. Like a truck from no where.

Any foam in your puss, Imp?

IIRC it's foamy in the toilet.

Most whey protein has next to no lactose. Same with cheese etc. One glass of milk is like 3 cups of cottage cheese or something, and cottage is the most lactose rich dairy aside from milk.

More poop is kind of interesting as it means a lot more waste or fiber. And we know the dairy doesn't have fiber. So maybe the whey has some kind of filler in it, or isn't well filtered.

Sometimes people make their shakes with more water than needed so the extra Piss could be extra water.

I make my shakes with milk. Tastes terrible in water & I could use the extra calories and protein in the milk. I drink 2 per day, 16oz of milk each. Plus a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese somewhere around mid day. The rest of my dairy is Greek yogurt and string cheese.

The peeing is so bad I wake up 2 - 3 times a night to urinate. It's terrible.

It will just hit you one day out of nowhere. I speak from experience.
That is kind of true. Like a truck from no where.
I went from just having one protein shake w/ milk in the evening to 2 per day w/ the addition of cottage cheese. Everything was fine until the increase. Guessing I'm just overloading my body now.

I was real constipated as a kid, according to my wife it's because my mom made us drink nothing but milk as kids & I was apparently lactose intolerant then...it's just that no one connected the dots between the constipation and the milk at the time.

Seth what can you tell me about Fords ecoboost F150. My FIL has a new 2014 and I want him to use amsoil in it, what are your thoughts?

I have been to a bunch of training on Direct Injection. I will never buy one... at least until they figure it out. Always, always, always use synthetics in turbo motors. Always, always, always use detergents in the intake. DIS systems will carbon intake runners and valves. So far the best design I have seen are the Toyota units. They have direct injectors and intake injectors that keep the runners and valves cleaner than most. I am not trying to be a downer, but the Ford DI systems, and their turbo systems in particular, are a diagnostic nightmare. They are using several intake pressure systems on the suction side, compressor side X3, and the intake, yet their diagnostics are very limited at this time. This is typical Ford, and once they figure out common failures, they will continue to breed these failures into future designs with limited diagnosis.

While not every engine will suffer from issues, there are still too many engines I see having trouble with DI systems. FWIW, Ford has a tendency to jump headlong into new technologies without long term testing. The results tend to be disastrous.

Fuck all you Ford lovers. This is how my day started...

IMAG0213_zps1b624a97.jpg

I hate a 5.4.

I thank god I never had a problem.

Loved the 5.4 when the rest of the truck was working.

This truck was an immaculate 2008 F150 with 75K. The owner wanted a tune up, it wasn't due, nor needed based on drivability issues. I forewarned him of what could happen, and even did Ford's recommended soak overnight. 3 came apart. If you look at one of the plugs you will see that the threads tore right off the plug. When I removed the socket the metal came out, while the porcelain and side electrode portion stayed in the hole. I have seen plugs blow out of a vehicle like that, but I have never seen, nor heard of the porcelain remaining in the hole while the threaded portion came out.

Of course #4 and #8 broke. They are the 2 rear plugs. The other was, fortunately #1 and very easy to access. I had the Rotunda (Ford factory) removal tool before, but it was worn out. I bought the Lisle equivalent last year. This was my first time using it, and IMO it worked better than the Ford tool. It is a very low profile set up, so it fit into the rear holes relatively easy.

Did that one have the sticky injector issue?

No. It ran perfectly. This was strictly a maintenance tune. No MIL, no miss, no hard start, no P0316 (misfire in first 1000 revolutions) nothing.

Seth what can you tell me about Fords ecoboost F150. My FIL has a new 2014 and I want him to use amsoil in it, what are your thoughts?

I have been to a bunch of training on Direct Injection. I will never buy one... at least until they figure it out. Always, always, always use synthetics in turbo motors. Always, always, always use detergents in the intake. DIS systems will carbon intake runners and valves. So far the best design I have seen are the Toyota units. They have direct injectors and intake injectors that keep the runners and valves cleaner than most. I am not trying to be a downer, but the Ford DI systems, and their turbo systems in particular, are a diagnostic nightmare. They are using several intake pressure systems on the suction side, compressor side X3, and the intake, yet their diagnostics are very limited at this time. This is typical Ford, and once they figure out common failures, they will continue to breed these failures into future designs with limited diagnosis.

While not every engine will suffer from issues, there are still too many engines I see having trouble with DI systems. FWIW, Ford has a tendency to jump headlong into new technologies without long term testing. The results tend to be disastrous.

Thanks Seth.

I make my shakes with milk. Tastes terrible in water & I could use the extra calories and protein in the milk. I drink 2 per day, 16oz of milk each. Plus a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese somewhere around mid day. The rest of my dairy is Greek yogurt and string cheese.

You need to get you blood pressure and blood glucose checked. Mainly an A1C.

Foam in your urine is protein. It's caused by high BP, high blood glucose, or acute kidney problems.

If your lower back is in pain especially on the sides and really low you need to get to a doctor ASAP.

It's most likely not a huge issue. But it is better to get checked as protein in your urine means your kidneys are not doing their job. Its usually because of something small, but get checked in case.

You need to get you blood pressure and blood glucose checked. Mainly an A1C.

Foam in your urine is protein. It's caused by high BP, high blood glucose, or acute kidney problems.

If your lower back is in pain especially on the sides and really low you need to get to a doctor ASAP.

It's most likely not a huge issue. But it is better to get checked as protein in your urine means your kidneys are not doing their job. Its usually because of something small, but get checked in case.

Just for the record my urine "foams" and it freaked me out. After a blood test for other reasons I was healthy as could be.

Foam in your Piss isn't necessarily bad. It's like a weird mole. Probably nothing serious, but with complications it can be a big deal.

Any good coffee in MN airport?

The coffee beanery at gate G20 has a barista that placed 3rd in nationals for latte art. Best cappuccino I've ever had outside my house.

Any good coffee in MN airport?

If they have a dun brothers go there.

Ended up at World Bean. Sitting at Vero right now about to eat breakfast pizza.

Crap you should have forewarned me. Vero sad.png

The breakfast pizza was a steal for $8. It was worth that price all day outside of the airport.

And the italian joint at G14 has one that makes it seem like shit

Holy shit, Sean wasn't kidding. IPads everywhere in MN. super efficient and has charging ports.

Maybe you can do a little digging because word is Sean has two for every room in his house.

I don't apple anything