Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Seth what can you tell me about Fords ecoboost F150. My FIL has a new 2014 and I want him to use amsoil in it, what are your thoughts?

AMsoil is garbage. Can't tell you how many early failures I've seen running it. It is the scourge of a 2 stroke and when I worked with load cells and setup test benches for oil it sucked ass in 4's as well.

Can I ask why they failed? Was the oil poorly cleaned?

Sure, piston scuffing. Premature wear. I will never buy Amsoil anything again.

I could continue to asking questions, but that could happen with any oil.

Seth what can you tell me about Fords ecoboost F150. My FIL has a new 2014 and I want him to use amsoil in it, what are your thoughts?

AMsoil is garbage. Can't tell you how many early failures I've seen running it. It is the scourge of a 2 stroke and when I worked with load cells and setup test benches for oil it sucked ass in 4's as well.

Couldn't agree more, but when it happens on nearly 100% and not until that switch is made it is tough to swallow. Last time I was at the engine builder I am referring to he showed me a stack of Amsoil failures.

Couldn't agree more, but when it happens on nearly 100% and not until that switch is made it is tough to swallow. Last time I was at the engine builder I am referring to he showed me a stack of Amsoil failures.

I can understand that, but I would be curious why.

Keep in mind I only use their 0-20 and 0-30 along with their filters. I have not no use for their other oils.

And now I have a 5 and 8 year old for the weekend!

Keep in mind I only use their 0-20 and 0-30 along with their filters. I have not no use for their other oils.

I am also soured by the thievery in their business practices.

Poor lubrication is the cause in the 2 stroke world. Pretty much 100% of engine builders for sleds won't run it. What they see I have to trust.

Want another 5-year-old?  I have to work again and no sitter.

Motorcraft is good oil and is very reasonably priced. That's the only thing I would run in a new Ford. No reason not to

I thought dehydration too, but the frequent urination was kind of a tip that it might be something else.Unless there was a diuretic effect from something else, but that makes less sense.

Didn't state the quantity of piss either in the frequent. Little blasts regularly can be indicative of lacking in water and it is one of the worst things and strangest that can occur in your body. Up the protein and you need more fluid

This is me urinating

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1NRGUSG9NKU

I am also soured by the thievery in their business practices.

Poor lubrication is the cause in the 2 stroke world. Pretty much 100% of engine builders for sleds won't run it. What they see I have to trust.

I agree with that as I would be the same.

Want another 5-year-old?  I have to work again and no sitter.

Well yea! I love hanging with kids! :)

Motorcraft is good oil and is very reasonably priced. That's the only thing I would run in a new Ford. No reason not to

I don't disagree, but I can get amsoil at cost and cost is very close to what others cost.

My little buddy goes to Catholic school, so we cooked some fish tonight for supper to keep him with in the guide lines. :)

8WYhqsL.jpg

That would be sweet to haul around just to make people look.

Neal, I have used Amsoil in the past without issue.  I only used it because it was cheap though.  I also know several racers who have used it as well in alcohol and nitro issues without issue even with fuel washdown.

So  I was changing the Wife's cars oil today and I noticed it smelled a bit like gas, is this an indication of possibly bad injectors or spark plugs? It doesn't run rough or jerk, it seems to eat through oil pretty quickly but doesn't seem to burn it.. Was talking to a guy at a car parts store and he has one and it seems like it eats through oil also. it's a 96 cougar XR7 4.6L OHC ( same engine as the mustang gt of the same year).

Bad injector(s) will cause rough running/idling/hard starting depending on the issue.  You'll always have a bit of fuel smell in the oil.  I've had a couple DOHCs and they eat a little bit of oil, but never the SOHC.  My Town Car has 170K on it and does not use a drop of oil, nor did my old T-bird (320K on it), nor did my GT.

Bad injector(s) will cause rough running/idling/hard starting depending on the issue.  You'll always have a bit of fuel smell in the oil.  I've had a couple DOHCs and they eat a little bit of oil, but never the SOHC.  My Town Car has 170K on it and does not use a drop of oil, nor did my old T-bird (320K on it), nor did my GT.

yeah after talking to a couple of my mechanic friends it seems thats pretty typical for these cars. So far 120k miles zero major issues isn't terrible for a car she got under for under 3k lol.

Neal, I have used Amsoil in the past without issue.  I only used it because it was cheap though.  I also know several racers who have used it as well in alcohol and nitro issues without issue even with fuel washdown.

I have been using it in the 4runner since I bought it in 2006.

At cost it is just as much as other oil.

Brownies in the oven and yes made from scratch because Gavin wanted to.

Dance for me internet lady!

HiT56az.gif

FUCK YES