Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Was messing around with some heavy pond liner and had a bit of a light bulb moment. Looked up the product online and a 10' x 10' 45 mil sheet is about 30 lbs, which comes out to 80 lbs./cu. ft. The 107 mil MLV that Don sells is 1 lb./sq. ft., or roughly 110 lbs./cu. ft. FAWK.

EDIT: Yes, I was thinking about using the pond liner in place of MLV. Was. lol.gif

Is it way cheaper?

~$1.58 a square foot for pond liner versus ~2.10 for MLV. Unless you buy the pond liner by the pallet, in which case it's closer to 1.20 a square foot.

Not really sure the MLV would be quieter. Probably would be in a lab, maybe not so much real world.

I really dislike the interior on the yellow beast.

Exterior is really nice though. Not my idea of perfect, but really nice.

Live feed of a Corpse flower here in KS blooming.  Cool stuff

Was messing around with some heavy pond liner and had a bit of a light bulb moment. Looked up the product online and a 10' x 10' 45 mil sheet is about 30 lbs, which comes out to 80 lbs./cu. ft. The 107 mil MLV that Don sells is 1 lb./sq. ft., or roughly 110 lbs./cu. ft. FAWK.

EDIT: Yes, I was thinking about using the pond liner in place of MLV. Was. lol.gif

Is it way cheaper?

~$1.58 a square foot for pond liner versus ~2.10 for MLV. Unless you buy the pond liner by the pallet, in which case it's closer to 1.20 a square foot.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-dB-3-4-ft-x-8-ft-Acoustical-Barrier-DB348X96BX/100663624?quantity=4#specifications

thought about doing the floor of my car with this. 0.75lb/ft2 so I would have to consider doubling up. 

Ha, yesterday I called this "girl" off craigslist about renting out a room near campus, she said she was a graduate in the ad so I figure she's a few years out of college, turns out she graduated 30 years ago and is old enough to be my mother.

Scouring the Craigslist personals, bro?

Ha, yesterday I called this "girl" off craigslist about renting out a room near campus, she said she was a graduate in the ad so I figure she's a few years out of college, turns out she graduated 30 years ago and is old enough to be my mother.

I mean if she was hot...

I mean if she was hot...

You've never fucked an older woman, have you?

They know how to please...

Is it way cheaper?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-dB-3-4-ft-x-8-ft-Acoustical-Barrier-DB348X96BX/100663624?quantity=4#specifications

thought about doing the floor of my car with this. 0.75lb/ft2 so I would have to consider doubling up. 

No need to double up. 24lbs. @ 4' x 8' x 80 mils is the same density as the MLV. Great find!

Edited by Penguin4x4

Is it way cheaper?

No need to double up. 24lbs. @ 4' x 8' x 80 mils is the same density as the MLV. Great find!

density isn't a big deal unless you have clearance issues where higher density = thinner material. 

Disregard all previous posts on the subject. I've been going at it the wrong way.

Also, I can't math.

In conclusion:

Three layers of pond liner would get you close to MLV weight for a little bit less per sq. ft.

Double layer of db3 would be about 50% heavier than the MLV for roughly the same price per sq. ft.

K1JjlDo.jpg

Photoshopped.

Not shopped, just some guys fucking around in the body shop.

i just glanced thru a shit ton of pics from 2007-now......its fucking insane to see the changes over the last 7 years. It also makes your mind race.

J

In conclusion:

Three layers of pond liner would get you close to MLV weight for a little bit less per sq. ft.

Double layer of db3 would be about 50% heavier than the MLV for roughly the same price per sq. ft.

Here you go. You can get it up to 8 pounds per square foot.

http://www.santarosaleadproducts.com/lead_sheet.htm

In conclusion:

Here you go. You can get it up to 8 pounds per square foot.

http://www.santarosaleadproducts.com/lead_sheet.htm

If it is local...