Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Warn me next time before hand. Depending on which rep it is here I could make some things happen.

Next drink to play with is a bourbon Manhattan. I am not sure it will suit my palate as it does add outside influence to the drink, but I will try it. I do llike Old Fashioneds with brown sugar, so a Manhattan might suit me.

Hardest part of the Manhattan is finding a vermouth you can drink on its own.

Do share. I know nothing of vermouth.

Warn me next time before hand. Depending on which rep it is here I could make some things happen.

Get me some, Ill do whatever it takes.

You son of a bitch.

I need me some pinot finish.

I am ill. I may never taste this ever again.

Old fashioneds are good for breaking up the monotony of drinking whiskey neat. biggrin.png

But now I think I'm gonna grab some bitters and start making my own.

I really enjoy it for my Woodford or the Non-Double-Oaked ilk. It is really a fantastic drink that I am glad I tried.

Looking at that DL, BTW, as I am being careful. We'll be talking soon, most likely.

Install tor while you're at it.

Old fashioneds are good for breaking up the monotony of drinking whiskey neat. biggrin.png

But now I think I'm gonna grab some bitters and start making my own.

I really enjoy it for my Woodford or the Non-Double-Oaked ilk. It is really a fantastic drink that I am glad I tried.

Looking at that DL, BTW, as I am being careful. We'll be talking soon, most likely.

Install tor while you're at it.

PM sent.

I'm not gay but a bottle of pinot finish is a bottle of pinot finish.

WHOOW! Lots of bourbon today. I'm wasted.

I'm not gay but a bottle of pinot finish is a bottle of pinot finish.

Like I said, whatever it takes... I have some chapstick right here...

It is very impressive. I have had some 18 year Pappy, and it is not even close, but it also costs 1/10th of the price. If you snag it for $100, it is well worth it.

PS, I pmed you.

Did I mention how pissed I am that our local rep snagged every bottle he could in the area?

I am a little ill with Woodford.

However, Single Barrel is locally available. Look for that, as IMO it is worth $50 a bottle... better than double oaked and costs the same.

So.... This time I tried Jefferson Rye.

It was too rough. Couple drops of grenadine and it straightened up.

I tried Jefferson a few years back... not pleasant. The bottle is nice, however...

For rye it has to be Rittenhouse or Sazerac. Rittenhouse is my favorite whiskey for old fashioneds, bar none.

My buddy got 3 deer this year. I got 4 back straps and about 4 pounds of jerky. Last year his dad's jerky sucked ass... this year it is good. I got 2 (4 pounds of) backstrap. I will make a stew tomorrow from one strap at 2 pounds, and will keep the other for a roast.

Next drink to play with is a bourbon Manhattan. I am not sure it will suit my palate as it does add outside influence to the drink, but I will try it. I do llike Old Fashioneds with brown sugar, so a Manhattan might suit me.

Hardest part of the Manhattan is finding a vermouth you can drink on its own.
Do share. I know nothing of vermouth.
Vermouth used to be a drink, then a medicine and now a mixer. I've seen some craft Vermouth pop up lately which I have contemplated pursuing, but I am mostly a wino these days so I don't have any specific recommendations. I just know that it even sours me a bit to cook with most Vermouth as it isn't yummy.

Already sent a note off, but if it has been delivered it is tough. I know a few reps though that would make some appear in a liquor store for us perhaps. Have to warn them before they get everything allocated for shipping though as requests that come in late can't be filled.

Look for drinking Vermouth that has the appropriate sweet profile. Considering your like of Orange bitters with bourbon I'd look for one with hints of orange. I know I've had some like that it has just been a while.

If you find a vermouth you don't love, use it as a finish when you pan fry mushrooms. Normally I use cognac for this, but vermouth is a reasonable substitute.

The wife saw this some where and figured it would make a nice project for her, well needless to say it turned in to my project. Old window sashes stripped and refinished to look old and hold pictures. First one is finished and one more to go!

DSC03997.jpg

DSC03999.jpg

The wife saw this some where and figured it would make a nice project for her, well needless to say it turned in to my project. Old window sashes stripped and refinished to look old and hold pictures. First one is finished and one more to go!

DSC03997.jpg

DSC03999.jpg

That's nice and a great idea!! I used to love going to thrift and antique shops and finding old table's,night stands ect. and refinishing them.

I enjoy wood working when I feel like it. I love making stools and benches for my girls. This is a first picture frame. Lots of chiseling and sanding in that baby!