Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Nikon does a better job at attracting newbies. Newbies only care about MP and NIkon has got Canon beat on MP/$

We'll see how much shooting I do when I move and lose the landscape opportunities I have here. The fear of stopping the hobby is what's stopping my from investing more money into it.

I can certainly agree with that. I have met numerous people who think that the higher the megapixel count, the better the shot. While true to a certain point, there becomes a limit on how long that holds true.

J

Higher MP is always better..... Unless it's at the cost of other features. And right now you loose so much to chase MP.

12 MP is enough for posters.

In a studio, higher MP is king if you need to make a billboard.

Again, there are limits, are they established in stone? No. But take a oicture on a 18 MP camera and line up against a 28 MP camera's picture with the same hardware, same features, same lens, and time of day, and there is not enough change to warrent the extra 3k.

Pro's use them ALL the time

Tell Chase Jarvis.http://www.amazon.com/The-Best-Camera-Thats-With/dp/0321684788

Oddly enough, thats the truth. The best camera does you no good if its not on you.

J

When that sales rep you don't want to see is in your co-workers office and you accidentally walk by.....:suicide-santa:

You say hi nicely and run off to your next meeting. Curious what he was selling.

Is only because he didnt call her the next day.

J

Duh. So fucking cheap. 90min from someone with 5 years of study in reflexology for $45

Price was reasonable if it included some luv me long time? With sucky sucky!!.. huh2.gif
That can be had for a similar price. Not interested.

To put things in perspective though. This is Singapore. A draft beer is $25 at a cheap place. This isn't China. Prices here are the highest pretty much in the world excluding some Arab oil nonsense.

Nikon does a better job at attracting newbies. Newbies only care about MP and NIkon has got Canon beat on MP/$

We'll see how much shooting I do when I move and lose the landscape opportunities I have here. The fear of stopping the hobby is what's stopping my from investing more money into it.

I can certainly agree with that. I have met numerous people who think that the higher the megapixel count, the better the shot. While true to a certain point, there becomes a limit on how long that holds true.

J

Higher MP is always better..... Unless it's at the cost of other features. And right now you loose so much to chase MP.

12 MP is enough for posters.

In a studio, higher MP is king if you need to make a billboard.

Again, there are limits, are they established in stone? No. But take a oicture on a 18 MP camera and line up against a 28 MP camera's picture with the same hardware, same features, same lens, and time of day, and there is not enough change to warrent the extra 3k.

Tell Chase Jarvis.http://www.amazon.com/The-Best-Camera-Thats-With/dp/0321684788

Oddly enough, thats the truth. The best camera does you no good if its not on you.

J

Very aware. Completely not at all the point i was making.

On a Chinese plane in Singapore going to Guangzhou China ATM.

Nikon does a better job at attracting newbies. Newbies only care about MP and NIkon has got Canon beat on MP/$We'll see how much shooting I do when I move and lose the landscape opportunities I have here. The fear of stopping the hobby is what's stopping my from investing more money into it.

I can certainly agree with that. I have met numerous people who think that the higher the megapixel count, the better the shot. While true to a certain point, there becomes a limit on how long that holds true.J
Higher MP is always better..... Unless it's at the cost of other features. And right now you loose so much to chase MP.12 MP is enough for posters.In a studio, higher MP is king if you need to make a billboard.

Oddly enough, thats the truth. The best camera does you no good if its not on you.J
Very aware. Completely not at all the point i was making.

I'm sorry for misunderstanding Sean. Could you possibly rephrase so I may understand the point you are making?

J

Duh. So fucking cheap. 90min from someone with 5 years of study in reflexology for $45

Price was reasonable if it included some luv me long time? With sucky sucky!!.. :huh2:
That can be had for a similar price. Not interested.To put things in perspective though. This is Singapore. A draft beer is $25 at a cheap place. This isn't China. Prices here are the highest pretty much in the world excluding some Arab oil nonsense.

I've been to Kuwait, stopped in Saudi Arabia, and passed through Dubai. Beer (when avail) was not even close to that expensive.

J

Price was reasonable if it included some luv me long time? With sucky sucky!!.. :huh2:
That can be had for a similar price. Not interested.To put things in perspective though. This is Singapore. A draft beer is $25 at a cheap place. This isn't China. Prices here are the highest pretty much in the world excluding some Arab oil nonsense.
I could only imagine what a pack of smokes cost if beer is that pricey.

Cheaper. Not like there is material cost. Beeer isn't expensive because of sin tax but demand. A coke is the same price

Cheaper. Not like there is material cost. Beeer isn't expensive because of sin tax but demand. A coke is the same price

$25 dollars for a coke? Damn!

When that sales rep you don't want to see is in your co-workers office and you accidentally walk by.....

suicide-santa.gif

You say hi nicely and run off to your next meeting. Curious what he was selling.

Typed a reply this morning on the ipad but I guess it didn't make it through the interwebz.

I'm not sure all of what they sell, but we get quotes from them on 300+hp Drive/Motor setups.

We are currently in the market for an infrared camera, which is why he was here.

And mashed potatoes?

:D

The Nitto's are on the camry, what a difference!

Smooth ride? I always liked Nitto, But most packaged deals I have came across seemed to come with Faklen tires included so mainly what I stayed with.

Smooth ride? I always liked Nitto, But most packaged deals I have came across seemed to come with Faklen tires included so mainly what I stayed with.

So smooth and quiet the wife is beyond happy! 

Tomorrow night I am taking the wife to see Garth Brooks. I hope his show is as good as it was 18 years ago!

Today was like a marathon! So wired I can't sleep even after 50 hours awake with 1.5 hr nap! Going to be a long night and hoping the sailor can help me get some shut eye.

I found a barn on 30 acres and want so much to buy it and build a house inside the barn, but my desire to be debt free is holding me back! 

Sean your travels make me wish I could get back to Japan tonight!

$25 dollars for a coke? Damn!

Except in the US most of the world charges as much if not more for a coke than a beer.

And mashed potatoes?

biggrin.png

I almost filmed that myself, completely cracked me up. I'd never seen it before this trip.

Can't wait to get mine on. 305's in all 4 corners ought to up the grip

What would you offer for this complete parts car without the tranny? Or what would you offer if I can get the 6 speed included?

Have no interest in the shit LS1 that comes with it..

http://nashville.craigslist.org/pts/4994995634.html

Nothing, I like hockey but I have no mullet.