Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Second day after I take it in, it rains, so I have to take the Jeep to work. I knew the rear wiper was fussy (typical problem) but I thought I fixed it by greasing it. No luck, it got stuck, I kept insisting with the switch, maybe it works. Hopefully I did not burn the motor. I need to take it apart this weekend and fix it. 

Also, I have played with the cannon, but I just find Nikon to be more fitting for me. I like Nikon, and the amount of info out there as well as options with them is amazing.

J

Not talking shit, but the Canon community is probably more powerful for info.

Stick with what you like/want.Both are awesome. People shoot with both and have great pics.

Canon has a better line up right now, but that can change fast.

The Canon community is a powerful one, and very knowledgeable. I know a few VERY accomplished photogs who swear by Canon. I also know that they have become the 'Apple' of the camera world. Everybody who loves them swears by them and sees anything else as a paper weight. You and Sean are two exceptions to that rule.

And by line up I mean camera body and lens total package.

If I were a concert photog, I wouldn't pick anything but the 7Dmkii.

That fucker is a damn BEAST!

I have not used one. Next time I stop and look more in person I will check it out.

J

Thanks fellas.

Did good enough to get a job and get into grad school. That's good enough for me!

Congrats brother!!!

J

Thanks fellas.

Did good enough to get a job and get into grad school. That's good enough for me!

:woot: :woot: 

Congrats :D

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-EOS-7D-Mark-II-vs-Nikon-D750

Great notes about the focal points as well as the shutter speed.

Sounds like it runs like a raped ape with 20/10 vision.

J

Guess I just can't picture where I would need 1/8000th vs 1/4000th. Taking pictures of the sun at f1.4?

I've never and will never use a shutter speed that fast. A detriment more than a feature IMO. And it's funny because generally speaking anything that helps increase the shutter speed is a good thing.

Depending on your desired goal, yes.

I think the fastest on my film was 1/1000th and I don't think I ever used it.  

Also, I have played with the cannon, but I just find Nikon to be more fitting for me. I like Nikon, and the amount of info out there as well as options with them is amazing.

J

Stick with what you like/want.Both are awesome. People shoot with both and have great pics.

The Canon community is a powerful one, and very knowledgeable. I know a few VERY accomplished photogs who swear by Canon. I also know that they have become the 'Apple' of the camera world. Everybody who loves them swears by them and sees anything else as a paper weight. You and Sean are two exceptions to that rule.

I have not used one. Next time I stop and look more in person I will check it out.

J

I'm pretty sure that one huge flaw in your analogy is that Canon does not price their devices at 40% more for the same hardware like Apple does. That's the problem with Apple IMO

Neal, what was that website with great wheel prices?

Someone I know needs a set.

https://www.allfactorywheels.com/

Neal, what was that website with great wheel prices?

Someone I know needs a set.

If it is for your car check the BM'er forums first. Factory reps are usually cheaper with some guy on the forum.

I did that for the Camry because I figured they would see these SE wheels cheaper, but as my luck would have they were more expensive for me to buy from the guys selling. 

The one I ordered showed up and is identical in every way, casting marks and numbers. I can't tell a difference.

Friday morning I am finally going to get the new rubber put on!

At least the wife will have a full size spare rather than that doughnut thing. 

Hope I get some good sleep tonight,13 hour work day..Woke up about 20 times last night probably in the few hours I slept,only one was explainable for awaking...Had a dream I was doing some muff diving woke up with a wet pillow and the taste of fabric softener and dryer sheets in my mouth..:( So I had to get up and brush my teeth,shits crazy took me like 20 minutes to go back to sleep after I laid back down...And woke up like ever 15 minutes or so after that till the alarm clock went off :huh2:

Woke up at 12:30am in agony, got a real painful injection, went to work, hiked a few miles for a photo shoot,and just got home.

20 hour day myself.

Sux bro!

Bah. Its ok. Had a good birthday.

J

J

I'm pretty sure that one huge flaw in your analogy is that Canon does not price their devices at 40% more for the same hardware like Apple does. That's the problem with Apple IMO

AND the Apple is an inferior product.

Thanks fellas.

Epic. What will you study?

One of these days I should pull my spare and see if it will even clear my rear brakes. Surely won't clear the fronts. Most 20's won't even lol

Hope I get some good sleep tonight,13 hour work day..Woke up about 20 times last night probably in the few hours I slept,only one was explainable for awaking...Had a dream I was doing some muff diving woke up with a wet pillow and the taste of fabric softener and dryer sheets in my mouth..sad.png So I had to get up and brush my teeth,shits crazy took me like 20 minutes to go back to sleep after I laid back down...And woke up like ever 15 minutes or so after that till the alarm clock went off huh2.gif

Woke up at 12:30am in agony, got a real painful injection, went to work, hiked a few miles for a photo shoot,and just got home.

20 hour day myself.

Sux bro!

Bah. Its ok. Had a good birthday.

What? Happy Birthday mang!!

This was parked in front of my hotel today

green-chrome-lamborghini-gallardo_7.jpg

Wish I could give it to you for your birthday

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-EOS-7D-Mark-II-vs-Nikon-D750

Great notes about the focal points as well as the shutter speed.

Sounds like it runs like a raped ape with 20/10 vision.

J

FPS, and how the camera can be used. The focus joystick it so fucking bad Ass.....

The dynamic range and ISO sounds like it is a loss, but it's not as bad as it sounds.

It's a crop sensor, but for most concert situations the extra crop zoom. Is a help. Saves money on glass needed to reach out.

If I could have a dream bag, it would have that camera and then a 5D3 or the new 5DsR if it is decent.

For any kind of "event" shooting the 7Dii , is the king of the heap. Best fps, focus, pro build, and it is so great to use.

This was parked in front of my hotel today

green-chrome-lamborghini-gallardo_7.jpg

Wish I could give it to you for your birthday

Haha!

That paint is so ugly it's sexy.

It actually looked great in person too. Not my thing, but if I had a fuckton of money I understand it. Seems like a perfect car for Singapore.

Shit is absolutely ridiculous here though.

Side of rice at a restaurant can be over $20. A $20 beer is cheap. Seriously nutso.