Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

The ford pinto was a piece of shit car that could blow up if you rear-ended it. Does that make ALL cars dangerous or bad?

HAHA made me think of the Top Secret  movie with the pinto... 

Is GMO a product of selective breading, or purely lab work?

GMO is thought in the sense of lab work as you're introducing something that usually isn't near what the plant would normally do. Where as selective breeding could be thought of as pushing the plant in one direction, eg make more CBD than THC. Though the latter could theoretically be done by genetically modifying in the lab.

Take the russet potato for instance. Was a fluke of nature, genetic drift. All russets come from that one potato. Corn, not natural. Will not grow without human intervention. Would these be considered GMO, or just natures and humans selective breeding process? 

Funny thing with weed is, the pheno's with the most potency are the smallest plants. The biggest plants are the weakest in potency. With seeds its like having kids. There could be a tall, dumb one. Short, smart one. And a sexy sister. All from the same parents. Then comes in back crossing genetics. Leave a plant in suspension long enough and the genetics drift also. Environment is the biggest factor controlling and manipulating the weeds course of growth, is that just manipulation at that point? At what point is humans hand in the process considered GMO? 

Take the russet potato for instance. Was a fluke of nature, genetic drift. All russets come from that one potato. Corn, not natural. Will not grow without human intervention. Would these be considered GMO, or just natures and humans selective breeding process? 

Funny thing with weed is, the pheno's with the most potency are the smallest plants. The biggest plants are the weakest in potency. With seeds its like having kids. There could be a tall, dumb one. Short, smart one. And a sexy sister. All from the same parents. Then comes in back crossing genetics. Leave a plant in suspension long enough and the genetics drift also. Environment is the biggest factor controlling and manipulating the weeds course of growth, is that just manipulation at that point? At what point is humans hand in the process considered GMO? 

Selective breeding and altering environment conditions could be fall under epigenetics, but most will agree GMO = doing shit in a lab with scientists in lab coats who think they're god.

An example of epigenetics is where the genome is actually the same, but the expression is different due to methylations, acylations, histone modifications. These changes in gene expression can be brought about by the environment. Look up the Fox-Farm experiment where they domesticated foxes.

Selective breeding and altering environment conditions could be fall under epigenetics, but most will agree GMO = doing shit in a lab with scientists in lab coats who think they're god.

I will second the lab coat thing... I took a big part in building MRB IV "was the most recent lab that I have done or took part in I should say" at Vanderbilt University..And far as the lab coat thing goes...In my field I was one of the last ones to leave and had to deal with them on a daily basis...A lot of  them with educated book smarts and very little common sense..What we need is more with a balance of both..IMO

People can have all the book smarts in the world they can read or study,and have no common sense at all to realize what the are doing in reality..To understand they are siting ducks in their decisions they make in life,or alter,ect...And have no idea or clue how that might reflect the enviornment,population,family,ect.ect..yada yada..Like what was stated above just because your in a lab coat does not make you god..If any thing the opposite for trying to play god and alter natures course..IMO

I will second the lab coat thing... I took a big part in building MRB IV "was the most recent lab that I have done or took part in I should say" at Vanderbilt University..And far as the lab coat thing goes...In my field I was one of the last ones to leave and had to deal with them on a daily basis...A lot of  them with educated book smarts and very little common sense..What we need is more with a balance of both..IMO

I stated that from the viewpoint of the masses/anti-GMO people. I don't believe most scientists believe they're playing god.

People can have all the book smarts in the world they can read or study,and have no common sense at all to realize what the are doing in reality..To understand they are siting ducks in their decisions they make in life,or alter,ect...And have no idea or clue how that might reflect the enviornment,population,family,ect.ect..yada yada..Like what was stated above just because your in a lab coat does not make you god..If any thing the opposite for trying to play god and alter natures course..IMO

See the problem with that sediment is you reap the benefits from their work whether you see it or not. If you don't like it, stop taking your medication, don't use hospitals, etc.

If you're a type 1 diabetic than according to your logic it's nature's course for you to have a very short life, that is unless you use insulin which those people in labs figured out how to produce on a mass scale.

Edited by ssh

See the problem with that sediment is you reap the benefits from their work whether you see it or not. If you don't like it, stop taking your medication, don't use hospitals, etc.

True enough and good point...But with my BP meds I have not much choice that will reach dangerous deadly levels without it or a stroke..My luck would be a stroke and remain a veggie sad.png

Even though the life style I have Is not the healthiest "has been stated many times" But the destiny of life for each individual should be determined by nature with this genetics,opinions,or whatever anyone may wish to view.. So if "I for example" am programmed "by nature or god" to destroy my life at said date "mentally by my unhealthy habits"  Would the labs for my meds that keep me living would not be playing God?

Even though the life style I have Is not the healthiest "has been stated many times" But the destiny of life for each individual should be determined by nature with this genetics,opinions,or whatever anyone may wish to view.. So if "I for example" am programmed "by nature or god" to destroy my life at said date "mentally by my unhealthy habits"  Would the labs for my meds that keep me living would not be playing God?

You're free to believe what ever you want man. I'm not getting into lawn-chair philosophy.

processing exception on my usps tracking code for my i7/mobo. fuck

Even though the life style I have Is not the healthiest "has been stated many times" But the destiny of life for each individual should be determined by nature with this genetics,opinions,or whatever anyone may wish to view.. So if "I for example" am programmed "by nature or god" to destroy my life at said date "mentally by my unhealthy habits" Would the labs for my meds that keep me living would not be playing God?

I have a question, about cloning, scientist clone things like animals, but if a human is cloned does it have a soul?

Even though the life style I have Is not the healthiest "has been stated many times" But the destiny of life for each individual should be determined by nature with this genetics,opinions,or whatever anyone may wish to view.. So if "I for example" am programmed "by nature or god" to destroy my life at said date "mentally by my unhealthy habits" Would the labs for my meds that keep me living would not be playing God?

You're free to believe what ever you want man. I'm not getting into lawn-chair philosophy.

Fair enough.

I could also add that I've genetically modified E. coli in the lab. :lol:

I could also add that I've genetically modified E. coli in the lab. :lol:

In the lab... what is it that you do for work?

I could also add that I've genetically modified E. coli in the lab. laugh.png

In the lab... what is it that you do for work?

Just going to school.

My fuckin kidney's are hurting i assume..laying trying to sleep but sharp pains in my lowerbackside.

Kidney shot?

no I am for real..both sides no joke

Ok know though I think just hurt for a couple of minutes.IDK

Colonial silver is used to cause female plants to hermaphrodite. This is how to get seeds from a single lady in the garden. Does that mean that the herb is GMO? For that matter, what's your take on if weed in general is GMO?

My wife insisted I use her pic for my avatar. Not kidding. She must like you guys?

Even though the life style I have Is not the healthiest "has been stated many times" But the destiny of life for each individual should be determined by nature with this genetics,opinions,or whatever anyone may wish to view..

Why did you leave out environment. Whoops, that is HUGE.