Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Ha.  Boiling water on tap here.  Hard to fuck that up.

Fuck this has been a long week. Not 'stressful' but just long......

J

How the fuck does one shop for custom IEMs?

Read a fuckload of reviews and just hope your ear and their drivers are going to work seems to be the only way.

Weston uses a flexible material for the canal and most everyone reports a better seal. It also holds in better due to this...

That alone might be enough to swing me that way. My wife's westones are dope as dope can be.

I've listened to so many and most all sound identical to me.

I've listened to so many and most all sound identical to me.

My experience is so different. It's like night and day for some of them.

How do you listen to a ton of custom ite? The mold makes a big difference on the frequency response....

How do you listen to a ton of custom ite? The mold makes a big difference on the frequency response....

Correct. Hence my struggle.

My comparison is just using NON customs IEMs.

So how can a guy feel ok making an informed decision?

Will you know any better once you have a set?

Curious what you are looking at.  I should buy a set myself.

I'm really starting to like the car pc.  Not setup how I want it exactly, but the XML is getting way easier to negotiate.  Problem is everytime I do something to fix how it looks I realize I can do something else and want to change up the design.

Trying to decide now what information on need on what screen, how many screens and how many button presses can I deal with to get to where I want to go.  Think the programmer is going to add rotary support too which opens up way more automation.

A brighter screen would get me REALLY excited.  Almost thinking of foregoing resolution to get there.  It is a touch interface that you can't concentrate hard on while driving so it has to be easy.  Small shit is impossible to hit.

Curious what you are looking at. I should buy a set myself.

I'm considering Westone and JH at the moment.

As for how will I know, I wont, but I think you understand my frustrations. The whole thing feels like snake oil to a certain extent.

Got a new remote that controls the Roku, Xbox, TV and Adcom Pre-Amp (Volume/Mute). We haven't had a Roku remote in years (used our phones as the remote).

Problem is I STILL can't find remote codes for my Adcom GTP-450. I've looked everywhere, and tried everything. I even sat on the couch for 5 minutes going through code by code, testing for it. I'm tempted to buy a remote for it and use the learning feature to make it work.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

As for how will I know, I wont, but I think you understand my frustrations. The whole thing feels like snake oil to a certain extent.

Have you tried the Comply foam tips? They're unfortunately disposable but everyone I know that uses them love them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

Have you tried the Comply foam tips? They're unfortunately disposable but everyone I know that uses them love them.

I do like those. They make a big difference, and I would assume that a custom fit would be even better.

16 oz. Akaushi strip and Bookers...twas good night...

Got a new remote that controls the Roku, Xbox, TV and Adcom Pre-Amp (Volume/Mute). We haven't had a Roku remote in years (used our phones as the remote).

Problem is I STILL can't find remote codes for my Adcom GTP-450. I've looked everywhere, and tried everything. I even sat on the couch for 5 minutes going through code by code, testing for it. I'm tempted to buy a remote for it and use the learning feature to make it work.

I couldn't find them either. I have an adcom remote though if you know of someutility to translate it.

Anyone been eyeing/tried one of those candy bar sized sub amps yet?

The ease of installation would make me order up a stealthbox pronto.

That makes me both laugh and cry at the same time.

I don't really need subs.....but I need more than the 7" Seas can do for me.  Fixing that with 8's and full rangers is a time commitment.  Adding 2 little JL 10's in my window and a candy bar an hour and bam.

Anyone been eyeing/tried one of those candy bar sized sub amps yet?

The Rockford PBR500X1 is an excellent amp, tons of power in a very small size. I've installed tons of them and haven't had an issue with them. The older series used to run pretty hot but never shut off or went into protect.

Yeah, sweat I am going to click on that!!!