Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

I'm cheap and paid $25 tongue.png

Not even sure if Logitech has Adcom codes.

Adcom GTP-450

All Harmony products can control this device

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/compatibility

Seriously, if you buy a nice remote you will never buy another cheap POS again.

I'd never bother to spend the money on the remote....but I've spent it on the brain a dumb remote speaks to.

And then get to carry complete control in my pocket or at any computer in the house.

I want me a Z06.

I want me a Z06.

Funny guy!

I want me a Z06.

Funny guy!

All of the cubes, more BRAPS, and gears.

C5 Z06 are very affordable

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

I want me a Z06.

Funny guy!

Save your money; 500 HP is easily obtainable with stock displacement LS2 and LS3 engines.

I want me a Z06.

Funny guy!

Save your money; 500 HP is easily obtainable with stock displacement LS2 and LS3 engines.

As cheap as they are, you're unlikely to find something with as much power in as capable a chassis for the price.

I want me a Z06.

Funny guy!

As cheap as they are, you're unlikely to find something with as much power in as capable a chassis for the price.

No surprise, battery terminal nuts on the Elantra are 10mm. At this point I'm pretty sure I can completely disassemble any Hyundai/Kia with a 10mm wrench.

Wouldn't mind an LS powered dune buggy/sand rail.

Speaking of ls. I sat in an SS sedan today and drove an srt8 charger. Lease estimate on the hellxat I should get by tomorrow lol

And then get to carry complete control in my pocket or at any computer in the house.

The hub affords you that. It is linked to the home network. I can modify all the devices and their control from my pc. The remote just affords a simple traditional package.

For someone who is so into simplifying the complex, your opposition to such a device shocks me. I am forced to assume you haven't really used one. Harmony is no where near as nice as it gets, but for the average user who can't afford Crestron devices and Crestron programmers, they are really great alternatives. I've been on boats that have Crestron integration and it is really awesome. But I don't have a few grand for the setup, and my home doesn't have the automation that would make such a device a worthwhile investment... Too busy buying tubes wink.png...

Speaking of which, I bought a matched quad of some Genalex Gold Lion KT88 power tubes for the amp. I'm excited about it. KT88s usually offer that sexy blue glow.

8244418195_9797d28370_b.jpg

A pair of Gold Lion KT88s in action.

Keep in mind, those sexy bitches are almost the size of an average man's fist.

The GL KT88 is one of the most commonly upgraded tube in the MacIntosh 275 monoblocks. They don't have quite the gain of the 6550s I currently employ, but they offer a really fat sound with glorious midrange and a slightly relaxed top end. I should see ~65 tube watts per channel, just a shade under the 70 I am currently humping. But at 70 watts it is still strong as fuck.

I play with my controller from my pocket all the time

Zing!

Sitting back watching Syracuse vs Louisville.

Let's go 'Cuse.

Feeling disappointed. Was such a promising start...

The hub affords you that. It is linked to the home network. I can modify all the devices and their control from my pc. The remote just affords a simple traditional package.

For someone who is so into simplifying the complex, your opposition to such a device shocks me. I am forced to assume you haven't really used one. Harmony is no where near as nice as it gets, but for the average user who can't afford Crestron devices and Crestron programmers, they are really great alternatives. I've been on boats that have Crestron integration and it is really awesome. But I don't have a few grand for the setup, and my home doesn't have the automation that would make such a device a worthwhile investment... Too busy buying tubes wink.png...

I understand how they work.  I've bought a few of them always to return them.  My search for a real remote caused me to realize it wasn't the remote, but the stupid shit the remote was trying to control that was the problem.  I also evaluated the Crestron which is over priced garbage.  I have something that is minuscule in price in comparison and 100x the utility.  Simple alarm panel that is able to support DUAL directional information so it knows the state of everything and can respond.  Means any one keystroke on any remote can do anything you want it to.

ie, one button in my living room can turn down the lights, turn on the stereo, the tv, the receiver, the cable box and shut off the stereo.  No programmable remote can deal with that logic very well and when it does you are limited like crazy in comparison.  El cheapo remotes that are local to an environment and programmed appropriately to do only what is necessary is so much simpler and more convenient.

Easily done with a $300 automation panel, a cheap remote repeater, and $10 remotes too.  I spent a bit more since I went with an HAI panel, but that also serves as my alarm hub and was cheaper than any "professional" solution and thousands of times better.

Flexibility is critical for automation.  You are looking at a smart remote for automation purposes.  While they are useful for one room installations, they are damned useless in multi-room.  On my main floor I have 3 living rooms a dining room and a kitchen.  Automatiing that with anything logitech is either prohibitively expensive or somewhat limited.  Usually both.  The only logitech device I swear by is the squeezebox but that is because it is SUPER easy to automate with ANY other software.

I understand how they work.  I've bought a few of them always to return them.  My search for a real remote caused me to realize it wasn't the remote, but the stupid shit the remote was trying to control that was the problem.  I also evaluated the Crestron which is over priced garbage.  I have something that is minuscule in price in comparison and 100x the utility.  Simple alarm panel that is able to support DUAL directional information so it knows the state of everything and can respond.  Means any one keystroke on any remote can do anything you want it to.

ie, one button in my living room can turn down the lights, turn on the stereo, the tv, the receiver, the cable box and shut off the stereo.  No programmable remote can deal with that logic very well and when it does you are limited like crazy in comparison.  El cheapo remotes that are local to an environment and programmed appropriately to do only what is necessary is so much simpler and more convenient.

Easily done with a $300 automation panel, a cheap remote repeater, and $10 remotes too.  I spent a bit more since I went with an HAI panel, but that also serves as my alarm hub and was cheaper than any "professional" solution and thousands of times better.

Flexibility is critical for automation.  You are looking at a smart remote for automation purposes.  While they are useful for one room installations, they are damned useless in multi-room.  On my main floor I have 3 living rooms a dining room and a kitchen.  Automatiing that with anything logitech is either prohibitively expensive or somewhat limited.  Usually both.  The only logitech device I swear by is the squeezebox but that is because it is SUPER easy to automate with ANY other software.

70w tubes.  FUCK!

Sexy too!!

The 6550s I currently use are 35 watts apiece. The KT88s will be ~32. They are 2 in series per channel, so double the output. Gold Lion are pretty much the gold standard for sub $200 tubes. They are finding their way into Manleys and MacIntosh all over the place with killer results. I just hope they don't fatten it up too much. My current set up is fat as fuck, but it almost seems a bit bloated on the bottom end of complex passages. I think with a little more shimmer and a lush midrange the fatness should be a bit better in the overall blend.

With a high gain preamp tube I may be able to do better, but I opted for slightly reduced gain preamp for sonics. Those old 50s Mullard ECC83s I grabbed last month are my pre. Without spending $4-500 a tube for my pre I lose about 3-5db of gain from the floor for the money. I grabbed matched, low microphonic ECC83s for ~$50 a pop. Generally they run for $75-125, so I stole them. I got 4 pair in total, all matched pairs. I didn't want to risk losing the opportunity.

My amp is strong as fuck. With what I have invested in it, I fucking stole it. It needed a little work when I got it, but for just a few hundred bucks I have an easy $2500 amp. Sonics are impressive and output is massive for tubes. My mains are extremely inefficient, so I am anxious to get them onto a set of Paradigm Prestige 85F or 95Fs. They have a 10db/w sensitivity benefit over my current mains... they must sound sickly loud by comparison, plus based on the 2.5 way crossover design I bet they are much more dynamic. I will have them by Christmas.