Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Just got called for the first time as a reference. That felt pretty cool.

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

Just got called for the first time as a reference. That felt pretty cool.

I got called as a ref for someone else on here.  Can't remember who.

I dig the new layout. Newer skins (especially the dark) will be nice once they show up.

J

Too bright!

I got the Gold Lions today. They come with a 12 hr breakin, and I let them warm up for a couple hours after work. They are glorious! The top end has a nice sparkle that was missing with the Tung Sols. The bottom end is way fatter and much more agile. Drum impact is angry. Tube drum reproduction is so much more realistic than solid state. While it may seem unlikely, it is true. I have noticed power tube changes seem to have more impact on the impact (hehe) than preamp tubes do. Overall the money I spent on these tubes seem to me to be worthwhile. They are a little high, but not terribly higher than decent Mullard or Tung Sols that just don't compare. I am anxious to hear them when they are burned in all the way.

Oh those crazy canuks!

The site database rebuilds are still going, but should be done soon.  For such an old site that has so many posts and members, it's takes time.  If you guys find a bug, tell me.

BMW's $100k option will cost me $300.  wtf. 

So.... I do not understand biceps. They are the only muscle I cannot grow effectively.

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

So.... I do not understand biceps. They are the only muscle I cannot grow effectively.

Do more, mine are slowly growing. I do Descending reps and ascending weight. So usually 14-12-10-8-6 till I get to muscle failure.

7 hours ago, dem beats said:

How are you currently working them? 

I do need to work mine more.

Yikes.  Atm I am down to 3 GM options and one BMW.  Test drive may change that

Been a pretty good couple weeks. I got accepted for my life insurance, I dead lifted more than my body weight (5 reps). With any luck I'll be squating my body weight 5 set 5 reps by next week and weigh under 200 for the first time since I don't know when.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Yikes.  Atm I am down to 3 GM options and one BMW.  Test drive may change that

What are the options?

1 minute ago, MKader17 said:

What are the options?

Real preliminary.  I am pretty sure these all fit into the company lease parameters so they'd be free to me.

CTS VSport

Chevy SS with LSA conversion

non-current CTS-V

BMW M3

I gave up on the 2 door options due to the kids.  The Hellcat leases like shit and is ugly as fuck on the inside.  In an ideal world the new CTS-V would fit, but I don't think I can give myself that kind of raise.  Going to try, but figure driving the Vsport and the rest of the list together will put it in perspective.  Pretty sure after the drive the old CTS-V will be out due to its miniscule size, but we'll see.

There are other AWD cars that could fit, but I really want a RWD manual.

8 hours ago, Julian said:

Do more, mine are slowly growing. I do Descending reps and ascending weight. So usually 14-12-10-8-6 till I get to muscle failure.

3 hours ago, nem said:

How are you currently working them? 

I have tried almost every approach. Right now I work biceps after a big compound.

I have done high reps and high weight.

What works best so far is adding in a metric ton of these super light resistance band sets. It's not enough to even really stress the bicep but it Definately helps growth 

2 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Been a pretty good couple weeks. I got accepted for my life insurance, I dead lifted more than my body weight (5 reps). With any luck I'll be squating my body weight 5 set 5 reps by next week and weigh under 200 for the first time since I don't know when.

Sounds like you are making some awesome progress!!

I have been working on a really tight calorie restriction lately, and my vascularity is going nuts. 

Only 2 Leg days in this new program and my thighs are going bonkers for cuts.

SMDSCN3450.jpg

night time Gold Lions

SMDSCN3451.jpg

Day time gold lion

SMDSCN3454.jpg

System as it sits now. I will be adding the tube phono stage and Paradigm Prestige.

SMDSCN3456.jpg

Gold Lions front view.

4 hours ago, dem beats said:

I have tried almost every approach. Right now I work biceps after a big compound.

I have done high reps and high weight.

What works best so far is adding in a metric ton of these super light resistance band sets. It's not enough to even really stress the bicep but it Definately helps growth 

Do you do any isolation workouts? Concentration curls with usually a fairly manageable weight high reps has done wonders for me, preacher curls,  Standing One-Arm Dumbbell Curl Over Incline Bench, and sometimes the curl machine are by far my favorite bicep workouts. 

The biggest change for me was instead of doing the typical body builder split I went  to doing body parts twice a week, one day doing barbell workouts and the other day doing dumbbell workouts.