Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

15 hours ago, nem said:

I was curious. I do agree that toyota has issues with cars made here and will continue. I hate that they are possibly bringing the 4runner production line over here. 

Line location has nothing to do with quality.  Nothing is hand assembled...

6 hours ago, nem said:

Maybe I am different, but I just do not understand all this hate on a human level. We all have to live in this world together. No one gets out alive so why is it so hard to make the best of it.

I was raised that regardless what color  or where you are from we are all in this mess together.

The bigger question I have is in my whole life I do not remember a worse time for racial struggles.  This coming on the coat tails of having a black president?  I've seriously felt like there has been no equality but it is getting worse

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

I don't understand.  I like the car, but the price is retarded.  That should be $15k tops otherwise a different model is in order.

I agree on the price, just can't justify spending that much to look pretty in the garage.

Yet. 

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Line location has nothing to do with quality.  Nothing is hand assembled...

I agree to a point, but I have seen the quality differences in certain models and would hate to see my 4runner boner follow that. 

I would love to find an FJ40 at a decent price.

1977-toyota-fj40-land-cruiser

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

The bigger question I have is in my whole life I do not remember a worse time for racial struggles.  This coming on the coat tails of having a black president?  I've seriously felt like there has been no equality but it is getting worse

Agree.

Was there ever a consensus on good everyday brakes? Need to do them on the Santa Fe

Akebono ceramic pads

1 hour ago, Penguin4x4 said:

http://i.imgur.com/vMXNlcq.jpg

I sent this to my friend who is dating gravitational physicist. 

So good.

The old shed has been sold!

Now on to the electric upgrade! 

Why is it that when I try to reply it will say saving in the lower right corner rather than submit reply?

Makes me feel like I have to get in as many posts as I can!

7 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Was there ever a consensus on good everyday brakes? Need to do them on the Santa Fe

I like a dustless pad with an oem rotor replacement. These can be had for cheap, but if you drive in heavy traffic I would go with something better.

10 hours ago, nem said:

I agree to a point, but I have seen the quality differences in certain models and would hate to see my 4runner boner follow that. 

That was on older cars, definitely a difference.  Now design is the critical part.  So little hand assembled material as long as you avoid that you are fine.

7 minutes ago, nem said:

I like a dustless pad with an oem rotor replacement. These can be had for cheap, but if you drive in heavy traffic I would go with something better.

It is what my wives car would get as well.  As long as it stops fine stock I don't stress.  If going el cheapo I'd usually buy Napa ones although that is based purely on emotion and not fact.

I've almost always had German rigs though and they all dust horribly so something much more dust free really makes me happy.

Small spacing on wheels piss me off...so do dirty wheels and those two things correlate too well.

That and I am lazy and short of time.

I get to maintain 2 cars too since my wife sure the fuck doesn't.

8 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

It is what my wives car would get as well.  As long as it stops fine stock I don't stress.  If going el cheapo I'd usually buy Napa ones although that is based purely on emotion and not fact.

Napa always has good quality parts.

6 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I get to maintain 2 cars too since my wife sure the fuck doesn't.

I have 4 vehicles to maintain.

34 minutes ago, nem said:

I have 4 vehicles to maintain.

I think Ryan appropriately nailed why that isn't right.

Too many, too much time.  Not as much fun as when I only had one.  Then a weekly hand wash was EASY.

Didn't hurt when I didn't own a house for time either.

First thing when leaving the car outside, open doors, trunk and hood just in case the cats want to explore. Better to clean some cat hair than see scratches. 

IMG_1415.jpg

Framerails installed:

IMG_1419.jpg

And speaking of maintaining multiple cars...Saturday was full, coolant flush + radiator change in the Jeep and Miata reassembly. 

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg