Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Yup, I was impressed at the previous trip, where we had some clay hills to conquer. 

Now let's see some serious snow :D

A Suzuki with the same tires did the same climb before me but he was running street pressure and open diffs front and rear, he struggled a bit. 

On 11/4/2016 at 0:36 AM, dem beats said:

The LG V20 is amazing. Camera is wonderful. If it had wireless charging it would be perfect. USB C means anoth cable to put in every place i need one...

Oh damn it, more cords.

5 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

Yup, I was impressed at the previous trip, where we had some clay hills to conquer. 

Now let's see some serious snow :D

A Suzuki with the same tires did the same climb before me but he was running street pressure and open diffs front and rear, he struggled a bit. 

Looks like a ton of fun.

The LG doesn't have wireless charging?  I thought everything came with that now.  

2 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Oh damn it, more cords.

Yeah... Not cool.

1 hour ago, topgun said:

The LG doesn't have wireless charging?  I thought everything came with that now.  

Right??? I guess LG lives in the stone age.  I cannot even charge my pocket supercomputer\telecomunication\media consumption and creatiin device.

I joke but seriously.. How hard is it to just add a sticker to the phone so i have wireless charging...

On 11/7/2016 at 6:41 PM, Randal Johnson said:

I can add a 4" driver if I need to making it a 3 way setup. Just going to see how it does without the 4" driver. Got plenty of wiggle room with this one.

With an 8 a 4 is ridiculous....but so is that tweet.  Pick one or the other and optimize.  We will HELP :)

7 hours ago, dem beats said:

Right??? I guess LG lives in the stone age.  I cannot even charge my pocket supercomputer\telecomunication\media consumption and creatiin device.

I joke but seriously.. How hard is it to just add a sticker to the phone so i have wireless charging...

$4 ebay..

At least on my G4....about 3 weeks post release

On 11/7/2016 at 5:45 PM, Billy Jack said:

I knew I read something about you and Germany. So are you really from the states? 

Was born in Fargo, ND.  I run the North American branch of a German organization that owns the automotive, aerospace, and general vibration market.  My 5th trip to HQ this year.  

On 11/7/2016 at 6:16 PM, nem said:

He sure is. He just gets to travel a lot for work. 

Passports normally last 10 years.  I retired my last 2 in less than 10 years total as I ran out of space for more stamps at border crossings.  Not sure I would call it a get to anymore.

Real interesting new stuff they wanted my help on this trip with BMW & Mercedes.  Wish I could share more, but you'll have to wait a couple years for me to fill you in.

53 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

With an 8 a 4 is ridiculous....but so is that tweet.  Pick one or the other and optimize.  We will HELP :)

I HAVE to use what I have. I'm a broke ass Wrecker driver now. LOL  No need to buy other drivers when I have stuff in the closet that works just fine. What little bit of extra money I make now I spend on the wife, kids, so on and so forth. 

Those tweeters I have HAS surprised many people with their performance.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Real interesting new stuff they wanted my help on this trip with BMW & Mercedes.  Wish I could share more, but you'll have to wait a couple years for me to fill you in.

I just want a laser and doppler software. :D

First coat of glaze!

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0643.jpg

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

$4 ebay..

And how cheep would that have been for them to add it in?  

2 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

I HAVE to use what I have. I'm a broke ass Wrecker driver now. LOL  No need to buy other drivers when I have stuff in the closet that works just fine. What little bit of extra money I make now I spend on the wife, kids, so on and so forth. 

Those tweeters I have HAS surprised many people with their performance.

We know how that is, we own a small towing company that my brother in law is running at the moment, so far we have a Turbo diesel International rollback, and a smaller Ford f350 wrecker. Eventually the plan is for me, my nephew, and my brother to all keep a rollback at our houses and cover 3 separate counties. Getting on the police call list was the hard part, we had to fence in the entire property, and put up cameras, and more stuff, I don't remember what all he had to get, I just know it took a while. But it was worth it, now we are piling cars up every where, and all they costed was the fuel to pull them home. 

Edited by Billy Jack

I drive a 05 Peterbilt with a 300 stretch and a 40 ton boom.

Training to run the 75 ton Rotator.

Edited by Randal Johnson

Make America Great Again 

Edited by Randal Johnson
Spell checker

13 hours ago, nem said:

First coat of glaze!

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0643.jpg

Looks killer!

5 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

So, Trump won...thoughts? 

I was just talking with Vlad about it.  I'm in shock to be totally honest.  Keeping in mind, I chose not to vote.  Yes, I wasn't happy with either major party candidate, but that is not the reason.  The reason is my state will forever blindly vote democrat for president, so I wasn't going to waste my time, my vacation hours, my gas etc. on driving 40 mins plus to stand in line for an hour to vote when it didn't matter AT ALL here in an extremely BLUE Maryland. 

I admit, I was wrong about the outcome.  I had assembled the belief that the election was long won by her.  All the money, the power, the inside connections, the brushed off investigations, the fixed DNC primary, how all news outlets were talking about it, and how it felt here in Maryland.  There was near zero Trump support, It seemed like I had to travel deep into PA or deep down into VA to see any real signs of a collective that was for him.

At this time, not sure what to think or how this is all going to go.  Hoping in some way, maybe this helps the house buying market and helps my small business.

What are you using as a finish on that?  Is that one of the pour on thick bar top epoxies?  

I didn't expect Trump to win, a brick through the window of the establishment.  

17 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

So, Trump won...thoughts? 

A few things to calm the European confusion in what happened.

The US is huge in population and more importantly size as compared to Europe.  Our President fundamentally has the capability of Veto's and Executive orders.  The first being the most important and the latter an impeachable offense.

Either way, an analogy is in order.  Our President would be like electing one for all of Europe.  The amount he can get done and what is minimal compared to the state where government really matters.  ie, consider the German chancellor a State Governor and our President someone who resides over the European Union.  Then realize the Congress and Senate are made up of leaders from the European countries and you can imagine what the capability of the president of the union would be.