Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

ill post here but not in my build log because i dont want  fools jackin my shit!!

before ...

20130620_132844_zps62a47914.jpg

after

20130620_134031_zpsf21bc653.jpg

video... ill get a better one after its wired up

th_20130620_134041_zpsdc4441ef.jpg

My dad's pc just shit the bed.  I need to order him  a "new" one.

Case, power supply and ancillaries are fine but I need:

Mboard/chip/video/ram/SSD/Windows8

Open to an all in one.  He will use it for running AOL (puke), Paint Shop Pro, and surfing the internet.

Any thoughts?  I've been searching newegg and am giving myself a headache.  My PC knowledge is now YEARS old.

I got a Hp all in one for ~350 bucks at best buy and couldn't be happier for what it's used for. Infolytica will run on it though it is a little sluggish, I don't see paint shop being an issue.

Tigerdirect.com sells tons of barebone kits. Literally any one of them would work fine. Though I'd probably just look for a cheap complete computer or CL and save the hassle of building one.

Jon is that for doing demos?

yes and for in the lanes,  this way i dont have to pop the hood and place a quarter and a dime in the throttle plate to idle it up !! i just just flip the switch!!!

and it will make demos nice,. because now im either just doing them at idle or trying to hold my foot in one spot and that never works.. so when i change the song im reving the shit out of my motor !

Hassle is about 15 minutes of bolting things together.  Used and PCs haven't been kind to people I know...

Has a great case, power supply and so on so the barebones would be fine.  Understanding which is what on the other hand is not.

yes and for in the lanes,  this way i dont have to pop the hood and place a quarter and a dime in the throttle plate to idle it up !! i just just flip the switch!!!

and it will make demos nice,. because now im either just doing them at idle or trying to hold my foot in one spot and that never works.. so when i change the song im reving the shit out of my motor !

I like that idea. Nice job.

Silly bitches, I find their profiles online, chat with them for a few days and they chicken out when I ask them out. 

I need to design a box but motivation is looooooow. Guess I'll do it tomorrow at work before 8

Kids these days are so arrogant it's unreal. I was outside skipping rope and a football comes flying, hits the roof and bounces across the backyard in the tomato garden. We have a 7ft tall fence all around, just like everybody does. a 14 year old kid asks me to give them the football, obviously I ask him to apologize and chill out. He gets arrogant and at some point comes to the fence with a small hatchet, threatening to knock down the fence. WTF, you're 14....go ahead, knock down the fence, all the more reason for me to build a new one :lol:

Hassle is about 15 minutes of bolting things together.  Used and PCs haven't been kind to people I know...

Has a great case, power supply and so on so the barebones would be fine.  Understanding which is what on the other hand is not.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8328790&CatId=14

Mobo, cpu, ram, $130 after rebate.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6076939&CatId=2459

1TB HDD $90

Not sure why you want an ssd. I've never used any so no input as to type or brand.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4864601&CatId=306

windows 8 64bit $100

Onboard video should suffice, so video card isn't needed.

Or find a kit with an Intel, literally makes no difference.

im trying to figure out how i can make my switch come on with the factory cruise control on/off switch on my wheel....

on the cruise module it has 2 hot, and i was hoping that once the on button was pushed another wire would become hot,.. but no i think its fail safed with the speed sensor

here are some wiring diagrams can anyone look at them and tell me what i need to do to bypass the speed sensor and make the shit work!!??

http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/HammerTime/2007-04-07_055705_Cruise_control_97_TC_pt2.gif

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/muddyford/2010-02-04_140244_1.png

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/fordguy4u/2012-07-02_230429_a1.jpg

im trying to figure out how i can make my switch come on with the factory cruise control on/off switch on my wheel....

on the cruise module it has 2 hot, and i was hoping that once the on button was pushed another wire would become hot,.. but no i think its fail safed with the speed sensor

here are some wiring diagrams can anyone look at them and tell me what i need to do to bypass the speed sensor and make the shit work!!??

http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/HammerTime/2007-04-07_055705_Cruise_control_97_TC_pt2.gif

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/muddyford/2010-02-04_140244_1.png

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/fordguy4u/2012-07-02_230429_a1.jpg

You are correct sir. It will only work above 25 IIRC. IMO, a simple switch discretely mounted is a better idea.

610tV%2BWPPSL._AA1024_.jpg

Only $60.00 for 3ft.

And they're individually tested, LOL.

No Sean is right. It is a cop out.Its the accessability of it. When you cannot leave due to a meeting starting in 10 minutes and that sweet cafeine is calling your name, it's what keeps your ass awake in 95*+ offices while doing death by powerpoint for 2 hours with no breaks.Hopefully the new job will allow for some flexability with time, and will allow for a better diet and exercise too.J

Same argumentation and trap as fast food. It is easy AND addictive so if you start you continue.I eat fast food too, but to me that is a baguette, some saucisson, cheese and a tomato. Takes seconds to grab and is yummy.

No Sean is right. It is a cop out.Its the accessability of it. When you cannot leave due to a meeting starting in 10 minutes and that sweet cafeine is calling your name, it's what keeps your ass awake in 95*+ offices while doing death by powerpoint for 2 hours with no breaks.Hopefully the new job will allow for some flexability with time, and will allow for a better diet and exercise too.J

Same argumentation and trap as fast food. It is easy AND addictive so if you start you continue.I eat fast food too, but to me that is a baguette, some saucisson, cheese and a tomato. Takes seconds to grab and is yummy.
Again, location, location, location. Add inyour ability to say 'hey I have 10 mins before this starts lemme run out the door real quick.' And its easier for you than me. Reguardless, I will be making that shit change very very soon.J
The location is my house. There are always tomatoes on the counter, par baked bread in the freezer, fresh cheeses and usually a few varieties of dried sausages. Instead meal whenever it is needed. WAY faster than going to order shit somewhere. The only delay is warming up the oven to bake the bread for 5 minutes, but that isn't a huge deal and if necessary I have pretzel buns which actually can be acceptably dethawed/heated in a microwave.

And for me when it's snack time its at the office, or on the road. No real prior planning done or anything else.

J

Leaving out from AZ today. Had to delay an extra day to file my divorce paperwork. Basically driving the I 10 to FL. I'll check in from time to time.

J

bought a jump rope, let's see how much trouble I can get in to...

Where the hell is Sean's tool guide posted?

What tools you looking for?

Damn I am behind in the hop.

I was looking at a possible circ saw and a guide. However my boss has a miter and a table saw that he is very open to people using. Ended up buying a small air compressor (to use with my free nailer) and a kreg joint system. The wife and I are building a coffee table and media center. The parents bought me a craftsman 18v cordless drill. Much better than my harbor freight drill.

Kreg pocket screw jig is good stuff.