Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

nope

All this talk of Porsche has me wanting to drive one.

J

One isn't enough and make sure it is the right one.

Ie a 924 cannot be your go fast car :P

Brisket has been in for 10 hours. Baby backs are going on now. This might be my biggest spread.

Lunch?

I realize you are from Texas, but I've never had a brisket finish in less than 15hrs and never had babies take longer than 5...

I also realize some people finish at higher temps wrapped in foil, I am an only on the smoker guy.

Seems like a decent set of pillars for 3's IMO

2008-TopCar-Vantage-GTR-Porsche-Cayenne-

That interior is fucking atrocious...

Couldn't agree more. Orange piping is stupid. So is carbon fiber in places that aren't weight related.

It was just the best shot of the pillars on the first page of google images. tongue.png

And the only that showed the placement of the 3 & 8

Dinner.

1030 pm - 4pm equals just about right from what I have read. This is my first brisket. My ribs usually take 7-8 hours. I also have a leaky smoker. I was surprised to see it maintained 215 all night long. Had to add fuel about 6 o'clock this morning.

If I go drive one it would be a Cayanne and honestly, I can't see me wanting anything besides a Turbo. Just going from a v8 to a v6 with a huge drop in towing is a nogo.

J

Dinner.

1030 pm - 4pm equals just about right from what I have read. This is my first brisket. My ribs usually take 7-8 hours. I also have a leaky smoker. I was surprised to see it maintained 215 all night long. Had to add fuel about 6 o'clock this morning.

dont confusesparee rib times eith bqbies. Hugely differemt

If I go drive one it would be a Cayanne and honestly, I can't see me wanting anything besides a Turbo. Just going from a v8 to a v6 with a huge drop in towing is a nogo.

J

the new v6 cayenne illl dance all over your truck and the non turbo 8 wlll destroyy the 6

I've had briskets take over 24hrs before and it wasnt a heat problem

I don't cook spares. Don't care for them

I've had briskets take over 24hrs before and it wasnt a heat problem

Mine always char and or blacken before I can get all the good stuff to melt. It is my wife's favorite BBQ so I would like to learn and not have to go to famous Dave's :-)

Stefan, could you hook me up with the gymnastics fitness book. I think I lost it when my comp got stolen.

PM'd.

Battery in the car died on our way out to Denver yesterday, wouldn't restart after getting fuel. Got a jump and drove 20 miles to the Walmart to but a battery and a tool set to put it in, old battery was dated 2001. Got 12 years out of an interstate battery.

Of course it was late enough the only place open was Walmart so its a shit battery but it works.

Battery in the car died on our way out to Denver yesterday, wouldn't restart after getting fuel. Got a jump and drove 20 miles to the Walmart to but a battery and a tool set to put it in, old battery was dated 2001. Got 12 years out of an interstate battery.

Of course it was late enough the only place open was Walmart so its a shit battery but it works.

Nothing wrong with that, and their exchange policy is great.

Dinner.

dont confusesparee rib times eith bqbies. Hugely differemt

J

the new v6 cayenne illl dance all over your truck and the non turbo 8 wlll destroyy the 6

Holy shit Sean, did you start drinking early today?

OK, back to router talk, I looked at the router Matt posted, and am interested. In fact, I looked at that same router a few months back. We have 4 ASUS laptops in the house, and have been extremely pleased with their service/reliability. I know of Sean's woes with his. So which ASUS was in that you bought, Sean?

I don't mind spending $200 for a solid router, as I refuse to reinvest in routers for a long period of time. My current router is a trendnet I bought about 5 years ago, and am happy that it lasted so long. I don't care about e-ports but would like at least 1 USB for a local HDD on the network. We may have 7 devices running on the network at a time, ROKU, Playstation, laptops, phones, tablets, and a Wi-Fi network printer... and I am planning on investing in a smart TV around SB time. Almost all devices will be running within the same large open set of rooms, with occasional trips outside of the living area.

Anybody care to opine?

Lunch?

I realize you are from Texas, but I've never had a brisket finish in less than 15hrs and never had babies take longer than 5...

Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown

I don't cook spares. Don't care for them

Outside of the little extra bones they definitely have more lip smackin' goodness. Of course, trim them St Louis style and you have the best of both worlds.