Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I've looked at well over 5,000 shoes this morning and I have come to the conclusion that manufacturers are catering to the black community far more than the white. You know that some things just look better on a black guy than they do a white guy and neon green with neon blue or neon yellow with neon red and so on just don't go well on a white guy imo. I have yet to find a good pair of everyday shoes that are comfortable yet still look good. I found a possible Nike Air Max shoe that may be able to work. I just have to see them in person now and try them on.

Rough life. :D

Here is the twin

best-hiking-boots-lowa.jpg

Isn't that what I linked..... I have these exact boots. I purchased them based on the fact they are 100% leather inside...

Ha, no. They made it in goretex as well. Same boot, just a permeable layer for those non-sweaty. Basically the same smile.png

Mine are non gortex too.

Weird, we are boot buddies.

LMAO.

But, you'll burn through 4 $75 pairs in the same time period that these last. Something like 7mm of leather on the sole.

Exactly. And those $75 dollar pairs won't make me happy either.

I've looked at well over 5,000 shoes this morning and I have come to the conclusion that manufacturers are catering to the black community far more than the white. You know that some things just look better on a black guy than they do a white guy and neon green with neon blue or neon yellow with neon red and so on just don't go well on a white guy imo. I have yet to find a good pair of everyday shoes that are comfortable yet still look good. I found a possible Nike Air Max shoe that may be able to work. I just have to see them in person now and try them on.

Rough life. biggrin.png

Well, ive got the next couple weeks off work to decide for sure what i want. Im sure i'll probably look at 10k+ by the time i'm done. Maybe i'll just get tired of looking and just pick something lol

Any handloaders in here?

Not yet. Lots of buddies load. Mostly pistol though. You are looking at rifle info I bet.

What info are you looking for?

Interested in annealing. Wanting to know what units are working well.

Not sure what you mean by everyday shoes. I wear dress shoes, sandals or hiking shoes. That is what I'd call everday...but obviously not everyone would agree. Ryan only wears boots. Crazy fuck.

Something like these white ones here http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:188595/sku:54886100/nike-air-max-+-2013-mens/white/wolf-grey/&SID=7726&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-PLA-_-Google-_-54886100

Those will make terrible everyday shoes...at least bang for the buck. WAY too soft. Some support is seriously necessary if you don't want to whack out your body. If it has to be an "athletic" shoe at least make it a trail running/walking instead of indoor.

To put things in perspective, my buddy runs. He ONLY wears his shoes for running. Still burns through between 14-20 pairs / year. Only 150lbs as well.

I stretched 2 pair of $200 asics kayanos to last 6 months. Purchased them every 6 months, sometimes sooner. And they were shot. In the winter when I ran inside only, they would look new, but they were fucked.

If I got any other pairs I would go through them in a couple months. Maybe use them for lifting weights for a while... But athletic shoes are shit for anything but athletics, and they are pure consumables.

My running was 3 miles 3 times a week. I was about 250 - 265. That was only 70 min of running a week, and those fuckers were toast in 6 months for 2 pair.

How does one go through a $200 pair of shoes that quickly? I wear a cheap $50 set of New Balance to work everyday. I usually get a year out of a pair, and I assure you the hell they go through in a shop is far worse than what anyone except for a runner or hiker will put their shoes through.

Annealing I have no clue on.

I promise you that even when I have my most even strike, one 3 mile run is a week of work on concrete. Add into the fact I was 260 pounds.... They can't last.

The foam in athletic shoes is made to burst to absorb the impact of your strike. So eventually the foam will be all used up even if it looks ok. New balance burst into the scene making walking shoes with an athletic style. So they engineered their walking shoes way differently. They also make them for standing and industry work. I cannot stand them for support, but that is my princess like feet. The best standing shoes are usually dansko, but those is some ugly shoes. They stopped even trying to make ok looking men's clogs. My old pair were Fucking amazing. I milked those until they fell apart.

I WISH there were that many in my size.

Chemicals will fuck anything.

Agree that a $200 pair of shoes should last. Matt was referring to not an everyday shoe smile.png

And it was 2 $200 pair every 6 months!!

That was my point though. If you buy running type or cross training type shoes, as opposed to the working type (New Balance) shoes, they will really fall apart as they are basically made to deteriorate to absorb the impact.

And increase of 50 pounds of human translates to exponential increases in pressure on the shoe. Especially if I was heal striking to run distances.

And if I decided to sprint, those shoes had to take a few thousand pounds of pressure every pump.

In the next ten days, I get to average flying 2500mi a day. Doesn't include a bullet train, a couple normal trains, and a pile of cab rides. Yay. sad.png

It might even be more. Just my main legs are over 20k

3 nights out of 10 I sleep on a plane.

Glad I posted that, I just realized due to the leave blowing I had my comfy ea plugs in the garage. Would have completely forgotten about those but was imagining sleeping on the plane, lol

I both feel bad for you and am jealous. Fun to see all those places but, damn if flying doesn't suck sometimes. Add to that your "non standard" shape and it will be a bitch.

Allen Edmunds has a shop downtown Mpls. I WILL be going there when I can.

Okay.  I am done.  Gonna bite the bullet and buy a new car.

Phone capitalizes will automatically.

WTF.

My does that to need, ha

What happened?

just finished bottling 5 gallons of strawberry that I racked about 1.5 years ago.

What happened?

Just sick of always having to work on my vehicle.

I both feel bad for you and am jealous. Fun to see all those places but, damn if flying doesn't suck sometimes. Add to that your "non standard" shape and it will be a bitch.

Allen Edmunds has a shop downtown Mpls. I WILL be going there when I can.

I agree, flying does suck. Seeing all of those places would be pretty sweet though

What happened?

Just sick of always having to work on my vehicle.

I use to be in the same position with my vehicles. Now I buy a new one every year. I can drive the vehicles all year long and then in the spring I turn around and sell it for what I bought it for so I never loose money. Don't buy from stealerships and you'll make out just fine.

Right there with you Cody. Used to do the same even when I drove 70k mi/yr. Just had to buy something a wee bit older then. Cure is to buy falsely depreciated cars and keep them clean. Convenient since that is pretty much all that I like.

Nothing popped you over the edge/

Yes, I just rebuilt the entire front end on the Lincoln, and now I need to do the rear.  I love this car, but it's quickly becoming a money-pit.  Every car I get has either been a beater, or so nice I never drive it, so I'm just going to spend some money on a good daily driver I shouldn't have to do more than routine maintenance on for 10 years.

Right there with you Cody. Used to do the same even when I drove 70k mi/yr. Just had to buy something a wee bit older then. Cure is to buy falsely depreciated cars and keep them clean. Convenient since that is pretty much all that I like.

Imo this is the best way to do it. You get a new car  todrive every year so you don't get tired of the one you have and you never loose out. I mean every once in a while you'll have to repair something, but you can make it up in the sale. Win, win situation right there.