Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Engineered stone and commercial grade porcelain or GTFO, as far as I'm concerned.

It takes about 150,000 flowers to produce a single pound of saffron thread, and every single thread must be plucked from the flower by hand.

Why can't we cultivate it? Seriously.

Corn had to be shucked by hand at one point.

At one point? A lot of people here still do all corn work manually :D

And I hate it when corn harvesting season comes around. Brings back memories of hard work. 

Head hurts, I'm dizzy. Haven't had a heavy night in quite some time. Lost count of the beers and Jagermeister shots. 

Looking back, I'd rather just smoke some maryjane. No hangover after that. 

I'd take the Miata out for a drive today but the german plates expired :( 

So I'll have to get temporary romanian plates on Monday. Gah. 

I gotta make myself get back into working out, as well as figure out a career move.Really thinking I would be happier owning a bar and grill.J

Have you worked and managed one before?

Worked and managed a bar (everything besides payroll)

Worked and assistant managed in a resturant before.

Grew up in the resturant industry (family owns part of the Hobart corporation), and have been around bars and resturants behind the scenes since I can remember.

Part of the reasn for wantng to do this, is seeing a needs for a good mom and pop style one. Not one thats out to charge 4.75 a bottle for bs beer. The nightlife around here has the potential to be amazing with the right atmosphere, location, menu, and pricing. All the bars around here lack at least one (usually very badly) or more of these things.

J

Also, while I know most of you will not be able to respond till tomorrow, any tips on getting thru suicide? Found out earlier this evening that a good friend of mine I have known for about 8 years was found dead. I am rather numb to it at the moment. Yes,I am upset but just......not supremely used to dealing with it, besides letting it fester internally for a bit of time, until it all comes out at once. I have a feeling that my normal way of dealing is not so healthy.

J

Engineered stone and commercial grade porcelain or GTFO, as far as I'm concerned.

I prefer unobtanium.

Also, while I know most of you will not be able to respond till tomorrow, any tips on getting thru suicide? Found out earlier this evening that a good friend of mine I have known for about 8 years was found dead. I am rather numb to it at the moment. Yes,I am upset but just......not supremely used to dealing with it, besides letting it fester internally for a bit of time, until it all comes out at once. I have a feeling that my normal way of dealing is not so healthy.

J

Sorry for your loss, bud.

When I was young I lost several friends to suicide. It was really nothing more exotic than a side effect of heavy hard drug use at such an impressionable age. You know how it is to be frozen into a house all winter and you party hard with a small group of close friends I am sure as you are also from B-lo.

I lost one of my very best friends, Alan, when he was 18 due to suicide. We went to school together from 5th grade on... which is the year we moved out of the inner city into the Southtowns. So it was, for me, one of my longest term friendships at the time. His was the only one I took hard.

I have no real advice for dealing with the suicide of someone if he was real close like Alan was to me. It is hard. As for the others, we threw parties in their honor (such as their honor was), and remembered the good times.

Head hurts, I'm dizzy. Haven't had a heavy night in quite some time. Lost count of the beers and Jagermeister shots. 

Through my experience if your head hurts while your drinking it means you haven't drank enough. I like to be comfortably numb before I stop. 

Also, while I know most of you will not be able to respond till tom any tips on getting thru suicide? Found out earlier this evening that a good friend of mine I have known for about 8 years was found dead. I am rather numb to it at the moment. Yes,I am upset but just......not supremely used to dealing with it, besides letting it fester internally for a bit of time, until it all comes out at once. I have a feeling that my normal way of dealing is not so healthy.

J

Sorry for your loss. I too have had many friends die from suicide. Throw a party for him, celebrate the good times. Don't let it hang around. Be happy for him that he got what he wanted. Hes probably happy now 

Edited by ChILL

Sorry J :(

Sorry Jordan. 

http://www.plexapp.com/

anyone try this plex media server thing out?

Yes. I use it with my Roku. It is a serious pain in the ass to set up, requires devices to be on the same router, and it is far more limited then I had hoped for. If you have a device like Roku or GoogleTV I suggest you try it with the free app for your computer to link it to your device. Don't pay for your phones or other wi-fi devices until you try it.

As far as I am concerned, it is pretty close to worthless. It doesn't like to communicate with my server on my home network. I have to link the server to my laptop to get it to communicate. It is one of the, if not the least used channel on my Roku.

My friend who lives two states away uses it and he gave me his password. I can watch any movie he has off my Roku. Plan on watching The Hobbit tonight.

thanks, i might try it out sometime

Yes. I use it with my Roku. It is a serious pain in the ass to set up, requires devices to be on the same router, and it is far more limited then I had hoped for. If you have a device like Roku or GoogleTV I suggest you try it with the free app for your computer to link it to your device. Don't pay for your phones or other wi-fi devices until you try it.

As far as I am concerned, it is pretty close to worthless. It doesn't like to communicate with my server on my home network. I have to link the server to my laptop to get it to communicate. It is one of the, if not the least used channel on my Roku.

My friend who lives two states away uses it and he gave me his password. I can watch any movie he has off my Roku. Plan on watching The Hobbit tonight.

What device will you be using it with?

Any handloaders in here?

leaving this space heater of a computer on 24/7 isnt an option however.. 

What device will you be using it with?

i've been staying at my grams 5 nights a week while we're trying to get her into an assisted living facility. I wanted to be able to watch my movies on my tablet or laptop. i was thinking about setting up the server on my mac with an external hdd. rather not leave my pc on. 

Have any of you guys tried Iberian ham?

I guess it's a Spanish breed that only eats accorns. It ends up high in healthy fat. I love Serrano ham and might give it a shot

60 bucks a pound for ham is a bit rich though...

Haven't had Iberian, but I've eaten a bunch of Iberico

*wouldn't bother with the ham, but almost any other part is worth it.

Did I get the name wrong? I love all those exotic hams. I bet the whole pig is yummy if it's fatty and high in the HDL rich fats.

I picked up a half pound of serrano, a ring of blood sausage and Ukrainian after my grandpa's funeral. He was the onlyone who ate blood sausage with me. It was kind of cool because his nephew showed up at the deli too.

Blood sausage at Victory 44 is numbbie

I don't understand the use of marble period, unless it's completely for decorative reasons and not a wear surface.

Granite everything.

Even granite is inferior to engineered stone.

And usually around 1/3 the cost too

I gotta make myself get back into working out, as well as figure out a career move.Really thinking I would be happier owning a bar and grill.J

Have you worked and managed one before?
Worked and managed a bar (everything besides payroll)

Worked and assistant managed in a resturant before.

Grew up in the resturant industry (family owns part of the Hobart corporation), and have been around bars and resturants behind the scenes since I can remember.

Part of the reasn for wantng to do this, is seeing a needs for a good mom and pop style one. Not one thats out to charge 4.75 a bottle for bs beer. The nightlife around here has the potential to be amazing with the right atmosphere, location, menu, and pricing. All the bars around here lack at least one (usually very badly) or more of these things.

J

Ok, all good. Tons of my friends tell me to open a restaurant...but none with restaurant/bar experience. It is a different beast. Just wanted to make sure allure didn't overpower reality for you. wink.png

J

Talk, talk, talk. I had the unfortunate luck of finding a best friend after he took a shot gun to his stomach. BOttling up those feelings will NOT help you.

I don't understand the use of marble period, unless it's completely for decorative reasons and not a wear surface.

Granite everything.

Even granite is inferior to engineered stone.

Infidel! Heretic!

Shun the non believer.

J

I'm sorry for your loss. Suicide can really make that anger part of the grief process hard. Same with the bargaining part.

You need to talk about it and be with those who you can fellowship with.