Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Any handloaders in here?

Not yet. Lots of buddies load. Mostly pistol though. You are looking at rifle info I bet.

What info are you looking for?

Also, while I know most of you will not be able to respond till tomorrow, any tips on getting thru suicide? Found out earlier this evening that a good friend of mine I have known for about 8 years was found dead. I am rather numb to it at the moment. Yes,I am upset but just......not supremely used to dealing with it, besides letting it fester internally for a bit of time, until it all comes out at once. I have a feeling that my normal way of dealing is not so healthy.

J

Talk, talk, talk. I had the unfortunate luck of finding a best friend after he took a shot gun to his stomach. BOttling up those feelings will NOT help you.

Oh shit. To the stomach?

:(

I cannot imagine the brutality. One of my gram's friends used one, but to her head. Talking is the only cure. Talk it out.

Think I'm going to go to a dumb phone for a few months see how it works.  I've been on one for the last 3? weeks and so far am liking being unplugged from the world.  

Also, while I know most of you will not be able to respond till tomorrow, any tips on getting thru suicide? Found out earlier this evening that a good friend of mine I have known for about 8 years was found dead. I am rather numb to it at the moment. Yes,I am upset but just......not supremely used to dealing with it, besides letting it fester internally for a bit of time, until it all comes out at once. I have a feeling that my normal way of dealing is not so healthy.

J

I'm sorry for your loss. Suicide can really make that anger part of the grief process hard. Same with the bargaining part.

You need to talk about it and be with those who you can fellowship with.

Thanks guys for all the responses. I'm talking to my loved ones, and will be attending the funeral to be with the family.

J

My email did not work for a while on the phone. Never felt I missed it. But now that it works again, it's sort of annoying. 

J

I'm sorry for your loss. Suicide can really make that anger part of the grief process hard. Same with the bargaining part.

You need to talk about it and be with those who you can fellowship with.

Thanks guys for all the responses. I'm talking to my loved ones, and will be attending the funeral to be with the family.

J

Sorry Jordan :( 

Like the others said, keep talking. I have not had the displeasure of going through a suicide but going through losses was definitely helped by talking. 

I gotta make myself get back into working out, as well as figure out a career move.Really thinking I would be happier owning a bar and grill.J

Have you worked and managed one before?
Worked and managed a bar (everything besides payroll)Worked and assistant managed in a resturant before.Grew up in the resturant industry (family owns part of the Hobart corporation), and have been around bars and resturants behind the scenes since I can remember.Part of the reasn for wantng to do this, is seeing a needs for a good mom and pop style one. Not one thats out to charge 4.75 a bottle for bs beer. The nightlife around here has the potential to be amazing with the right atmosphere, location, menu, and pricing. All the bars around here lack at least one (usually very badly) or more of these things.J
Ok, all good. Tons of my friends tell me to open a restaurant...but none with restaurant/bar experience. It is a different beast. Just wanted to make sure allure didn't overpower reality for you. ;)

I just gotta start looking into properties and business plans. I know I can get a VA small business loan, and the plan is to utilize that with enough capital left to cover a minimum of 6 months operating expenses so we open with some head space.

For the menu, I want to keep the kitchen open 11-11 sun-thur and 11-1 fri and sat. Limited menu from 11-1 on fri and sat to finger 'drunk' foods.

Decor will be sports bar based since chains aside, the 'sports bar' out here is not really a sports bar, but more of a bar with a sports after thought.

J

I've looked at well over 5,000 shoes this morning and I have come to the conclusion that manufacturers are catering to the black community far more than the white. You know that some things just look better on a black guy than they do a white guy and neon green with neon blue or neon yellow with neon red and so on just don't go well on a white guy imo. I have yet to find a good pair of everyday shoes that are comfortable yet still look good. I found a possible Nike Air Max shoe that may be able to work. I just have to see them in person now and try them on.

I gotta make myself get back into working out, as well as figure out a career move.Really thinking I would be happier owning a bar and grill.J

Have you worked and managed one before?
Worked and managed a bar (everything besides payroll)Worked and assistant managed in a resturant before.Grew up in the resturant industry (family owns part of the Hobart corporation), and have been around bars and resturants behind the scenes since I can remember.Part of the reasn for wantng to do this, is seeing a needs for a good mom and pop style one. Not one thats out to charge 4.75 a bottle for bs beer. The nightlife around here has the potential to be amazing with the right atmosphere, location, menu, and pricing. All the bars around here lack at least one (usually very badly) or more of these things.J
Ok, all good. Tons of my friends tell me to open a restaurant...but none with restaurant/bar experience. It is a different beast. Just wanted to make sure allure didn't overpower reality for you. wink.png
I just gotta start looking into properties and business plans. I know I can get a VA small business loan, and the plan is to utilize that with enough capital left to cover a minimum of 6 months operating expenses so we open with some head space.

For the menu, I want to keep the kitchen open 11-11 sun-thur and 11-1 fri and sat. Limited menu from 11-1 on fri and sat to finger 'drunk' foods.

Decor will be sports bar based since chains aside, the 'sports bar' out here is not really a sports bar, but more of a bar with a sports after thought.

J

Location, location, location, location. Did I mention location?

I've looked at well over 5,000 shoes this morning and I have come to the conclusion that manufacturers are catering to the black community far more than the white. You know that some things just look better on a black guy than they do a white guy and neon green with neon blue or neon yellow with neon red and so on just don't go well on a white guy imo. I have yet to find a good pair of everyday shoes that are comfortable yet still look good. I found a possible Nike Air Max shoe that may be able to work. I just have to see them in person now and try them on.

Any shoe made out of foam is a horrible everyday shoe unless you are replacing then every couple months.

Buy some Ecco walking shoes or similar if you are on your feat all day. They will last and look much more professional.

If you are not on your feat, buy some oxfords and look great.

Don't buy rockports thinking they are ok either unless the sole is TPU and not foam. Foam is junk for shoes unless the goal is to replace every few months.

Edited by dem beats

Not sure what you mean by everyday shoes. I wear dress shoes, sandals or hiking shoes. That is what I'd call everday...but obviously not everyone would agree. Ryan only wears boots. Crazy fuck.

http://m.zappos.com/ecco-track-ii-low-bison-leather-bison-nubuck

Best walking, standing and light "work" shoe you can buy. If you are doing hard work, they are not the shoe for you, but then an athletic shoe is a horrible option too.....

If you want to make them last years and years buy 2 pair and trade off or even simple changing out the thin little ecco insole will add a huge amount of life to those shoes.

Seriously amazing shoes.

Not sure what you mean by everyday shoes. I wear dress shoes, sandals or hiking shoes. That is what I'd call everday...but obviously not everyone would agree. Ryan only wears boots. Crazy fuck.

Birkinstocks any chance I can. Arizona suede taupe. Dead of winter I will still wear them out.

I really need some new dress shoes. These SOBs are showing too much life.

My dress shoes I am probably the most picky about. Almost exclusively leather soles. Even in winter I usually wear leather soles. My feet are super wide so I have to buy shoes that will tolerate stress on the sides, and they need to be reasonably comfortable.

Slip on, whenever possible is nice too.

Something like these white ones here http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:188595/sku:54886100/nike-air-max-+-2013-mens/white/wolf-grey/&SID=7726&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-PLA-_-Google-_-54886100

http://m.zappos.com/ecco-track-ii-low-bison-leather-bison-nubuck

Best walking, standing and light "work" shoe you can buy. If you are doing hard work, they are not the shoe for you, but then an athletic shoe is a horrible option too.....

If you want to make them last years and years buy 2 pair and trade off or even simple changing out the thin little ecco insole will add a huge amount of life to those shoes.

Seriously amazing shoes.

Yeah, those really don't match my style. They would however work for an everyday dress type shoe though. Thanks

My dress shoes I am probably the most picky about. Almost exclusively leather soles. Even in winter I usually wear leather soles. My feet are super wide so I have to buy shoes that will tolerate stress on the sides, and they need to be reasonably comfortable.

You scream for Allen Edmonds and rebuilding.

Something like these white ones here http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:188595/sku:54886100/nike-air-max-+-2013-mens/white/wolf-grey/&SID=7726&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-PLA-_-Google-_-54886100
Those will make terrible everyday shoes...at least bang for the buck. WAY too soft. Some support is seriously necessary if you don't want to whack out your body. If it has to be an "athletic" shoe at least make it a trail running/walking instead of indoor.

To put things in perspective, my buddy runs. He ONLY wears his shoes for running. Still burns through between 14-20 pairs / year. Only 150lbs as well.

Never seen a pair. I think you mentioned them to me before.... I should look them up.

:)

I hate seeing tread on a dress shoe. It annoys the hell out of me. One or 2 rubber soles my whole dress shoe life.

Edited by dem beats

Something like these white ones here http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:188595/sku:54886100/nike-air-max-+-2013-mens/white/wolf-grey/&SID=7726&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-PLA-_-Google-_-54886100

Those will make terrible everyday shoes...at least bang for the buck. WAY too soft. Some support is seriously necessary if you don't want to whack out your body. If it has to be an "athletic" shoe at least make it a trail running/walking instead of indoor.

To put things in perspective, my buddy runs. He ONLY wears his shoes for running. Still burns through between 14-20 pairs / year. Only 150lbs as well.

I stretched 2 pair of $200 asics kayanos to last 6 months. Purchased them every 6 months, sometimes sooner. And they were shot. In the winter when I ran inside only, they would look new, but they were fucked.

If I got any other pairs I would go through them in a couple months. Maybe use them for lifting weights for a while... But athletic shoes are shit for anything but athletics, and they are pure consumables.

My running was 3 miles 3 times a week. I was about 250 - 265. That was only 70 min of running a week, and those fuckers were toast in 6 months for 2 pair.

Ive had some Nike cross trainers before and really liked how they felt. The held up well and the arch support was absolutely great. I've also had some Adidas running/trail shoes and enjoyed them a lot too. I usually buy 3 pairs of shoes each year so I'm not looking for something to last me a year or more, but something that looks good, feels pretty good and has a good arch support.

Never seen a pair. I think you mentioned them to me before.... I should look them up.

smile.png

I hate seeing tread on a dress shoe. It annoys the hell out of me. One or 2 rubber soles my whole dress shoe life.

Me too, although I have put on ultra skinny ones to save some shoes. Need to do it before the leather gets too soft and then the bottoms last forever. Any shoe repair place can do it. Talking 2mm or so with some traction. Can't see it, I don't like how they feel walking as much, but they seriously save your shoes in the winter.

Something like these white ones here http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:188595/sku:54886100/nike-air-max-+-2013-mens/white/wolf-grey/&SID=7726&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-PLA-_-Google-_-54886100

I stretched 2 pair of $200 asics kayanos to last 6 months. Purchased them every 6 months, sometimes sooner. And they were shot. In the winter when I ran inside only, they would look new, but they were fucked.

If I got any other pairs I would go through them in a couple months. Maybe use them for lifting weights for a while... But athletic shoes are shit for anything but athletics, and they are pure consumables.

My running was 3 miles 3 times a week. I was about 250 - 265. That was only 70 min of running a week, and those fuckers were toast in 6 months for 2 pair.

I usually wear a nice set of boots in the winter and buy a new pair of shoes each quarter roughly. I think I could get away with that.