Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I feel like such a creeper watching from a distance. We've had 6 showing on the house in the first 3 days.

Are you up in a tree with binoculars?

lol. No. New subdivision. No mature trees around. Just a few houses down in the cul de sac.

Is it possible you are under pricing your home?

J

And I'm going to have to flock the dash part which is above the gauges, it reflects light. How easy is it to flock a piece of plastic?

Depends on the size, shape and skills. Edited by The enD

And I'm going to have to flock the dash part which is above the gauges, it reflects light. How easy is it to flock a piece of plastic?

i flocked a pair of A pillars a few years back. just need to remove any residue from cleaning products and maybe rough up the surface with sand paper. 

http://books.google.com/books?id=IjoS3stx2s0C&pg=PA39&lpg=PA39&dq=race+car+flocking&source=bl&ots=j6e2lU4J3Q&sig=XUPji4zzuDh7vIHvyUJbnn3aCqA&hl=en&sa=X&ei=krq_UN-ZPO6GyQGf-4DADQ&ved=0CIIBEOgBMA44Cg#v=onepage&q&f=false

My shop just went paperless and wireless. We are implementing a system that allows everyone to communicate with tablets. We got 10 Nexus 7s and all tie into our server at the shop. All work orders are transferred to the tablet, we can scan the vehicle and it will be sent to the service writers and we can send any other necessary services as well as estimates through the system as well. We can also view all history on the vehicle to help us determine preventative maintenance needs based on times and mileage and we can directly email and text customers with any information and further questions we may have.

It is actually more progressive than even the dealership I worked at.

Pretty cool shit.

I predict problems.

Holy shit quartz is expensive!

Did you check Silestone?

Yes $65-$89 a square foot.

Damn you Aaron! Took the wife over and guess what she picked out! I think you called her and told you.

Silestone Coffee Brown 24 sq ft $1800.96 and $310.00 to cut the sink hole.

Silestone is nice. Zero maintenance required. Most natural stones have to be sealed annually and can/will stain. Not Silestone, however.

Keep your sink cut out. It makes for a nice portable work station.

My granite is fantastic. But definitely keep the cut outs. I have one for my sink and one for the range.

I ask the question

Why am I being charged for the cut out material? Then told them since I have to pay for it, then I want it.

Any Travertine is going to be expensive as it must be quarried. The shops I have been in had an overhead CNC water jet for cutting duty. The Corian on the other hand MUST be routered.

I feel like such a creeper watching from a distance. We've had 6 showing on the house in the first 3 days.

I am sure the price is more than fair as that's a steal if it were here. At that rate of inquiry's you should be moving in in time!

There's a black Lamborghini Aventador I see cruising around. I would take one of them in a heartbeat. The Countach was my dream car growing up.

Preach it brother!

However, that does help disclose that we are fucking old.

Hey, you called me old! I love the Countach. 

Hard to believe they were first produced in 1974 and lasted until 1990. The Countach was waaay before its time.

My shop just went paperless and wireless. We are implementing a system that allows everyone to communicate with tablets. We got 10 Nexus 7s and all tie into our server at the shop. All work orders are transferred to the tablet, we can scan the vehicle and it will be sent to the service writers and we can send any other necessary services as well as estimates through the system as well. We can also view all history on the vehicle to help us determine preventative maintenance needs based on times and mileage and we can directly email and text customers with any information and further questions we may have.

It is actually more progressive than even the dealership I worked at.

Pretty cool shit.

I predict problems.

Sounds like a good technique in theory. I wonder if my buddy's that run the service and parts departments at the local Chevrolet dealership are switching to that system.

I can't wait to see my Mustang in the Chevy service department. lol

Are you up in a tree with binoculars?

lol. No. New subdivision. No mature trees around. Just a few houses down in the cul de sac.

Is it possible you are under pricing your home?

J

still no contract... It's actually 10k higher than my agent originally wanted to list it and 20k higher than anything has sold in my subdivision in a past few years. Also one of the biggest floorplans. there really isn't anything comparable. 6 showing in 3 days.....but 3 of those showings was the same family coming back to see it again. :)

I'm going to tell you right now, you don't want to do that work.

Good on you for being frugal, but you don't want to be left holding the bag when you crack your counter top.

Usually for stone they make a larger diameter partial cut around the hole and reinforce with steel then cut the real hole. So you would need a router up to the task too. Most of their cuts are with a router in fact.

You have bigger balls than me. I would never have thought of trying.

I was in the construction industry for quite some time, worked for a cabinet builder, visited many stone top suppliers and have never once seen one cut a hole with any type of router.  They either use a water jet or diamond wheel on a  grinder and a jig.  The only time I have ever seen a "router" used for stone was for profiling edges. 

Yep, got friends that own a granite shop, they run a diamond/water jet saw to cut profiles, routers with $$$$$$ in diamond tooling to do edge profiles, then bunch of wet tables for polishing edges.  

How cheap would I have to get this bike to make it worth it? (CL ad didn't have pics).

The wifey REALLY wants a bike and I'm thinking if it fits her okay it would be a perfect "1st bike that your going to grow out of quickly anyways and sell to get a new one".

Need a link or a hint...

Didn't even realize its not there 2006 Raleigh Cadent 1.0

It is a throw away, I wouldn't spend more than $50 on it.
Thanks, considering that is 1/8 there asking price I'll leave it alone and look elsewhere.
ha, that is what they paid when it was new....

Any recommendations on some 3-4" midranges and tweeters to be run active 3 way. Midbass will be Exodus Anarchy run off axis in the doors, and mids and tweeters will be run on axis on the a-pillar.

Also willing to run a fullranger on axis to pair with the Exodus', just needs to handle ~1000+ Hz

Cute kid smile.png

Don't run the Exodus that high. If you run a 3 way you can get something that digs WAY lower and use a VERY cheap tweeter on the top. MOunting locations will determine all options though.

I would rather run a two way system. Let's say max budget is 160 for mids and 160 for highs as maximum budget. Is there a better option that Ex-Anarchy? They seem to be quite the performers. I can get the tweeters/FR's/whatever on axis, but the mid will be off axis. There's only so much I can do. What do you suggest Sean?
mt locations....

Did you check Silestone?

I designed the wc system at cambria. Cool facility

Did you check Silestone?

Yes  $65-$89 a square foot.

Damn you Aaron! Took the wife over and guess what she picked out! I think you called her and told you.

I used to program the CNC machines that will cut your new kitchen countertop, as you are in the same region. :)

There's a black Lamborghini Aventador I see cruising around. I would take one of them in a heartbeat. The Countach was my dream car growing up.

Preach it brother!

However, that does help disclose that we are fucking old.

Hush it.  Time to buy my own Testarossa and Countach. 

Did you check Silestone?

I used to program the CNC machines that will cut your new kitchen countertop, as you are in the same region. smile.png

Any discount with them mention of you? ;)

Did you check Silestone?

Silestone is nice. Zero maintenance required. Most natural stones have to be sealed annually and can/will stain. Not Silestone, however.

Keep your sink cut out. It makes for a nice portable work station.

My granite is fantastic. But definitely keep the cut outs. I have one for my sink and one for the range.

I ask the question

Why am I being charged for the cut out material? Then told them since I have to pay for it, then I want it.

It's not the material really, it is the machine time to remove it.

B9ccfxQ.gif

DK!!!

Did you check Silestone?

I used to program the CNC machines that will cut your new kitchen countertop, as you are in the same region. smile.png

Any discount with them mention of you? wink.png

I wish, but it has been over 10 years now.

Love the black on gold.