Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I don't think the Countach was ahead of it's time. Basically a Pantera knock off cleaned up nicely Italian style.

I never noticed that Sean.

Pantera FTW.

Diablo still wins my heart though.

My shop just went paperless and wireless. We are implementing a system that allows everyone to communicate with tablets. We got 10 Nexus 7s and all tie into our server at the shop. All work orders are transferred to the tablet, we can scan the vehicle and it will be sent to the service writers and we can send any other necessary services as well as estimates through the system as well. We can also view all history on the vehicle to help us determine preventative maintenance needs based on times and mileage and we can directly email and text customers with any information and further questions we may have.

It is actually more progressive than even the dealership I worked at.

Pretty cool shit.

I predict problems.

Problems at the startup, but long term this seems like the way to go.

Provided someone doesn't try to steal it.

J

11733686216_abdf089551_b.jpg

Such a sharp car.

J

Any recommendations on some 3-4" midranges and tweeters to be run active 3 way. Midbass will be Exodus Anarchy run off axis in the doors, and mids and tweeters will be run on axis on the a-pillar.

Also willing to run a fullranger on axis to pair with the Exodus', just needs to handle ~1000+ Hz

Cute kid smile.png

Don't run the Exodus that high. If you run a 3 way you can get something that digs WAY lower and use a VERY cheap tweeter on the top. MOunting locations will determine all options though.

I would rather run a two way system. Let's say max budget is 160 for mids and 160 for highs as maximum budget. Is there a better option that Ex-Anarchy? They seem to be quite the performers. I can get the tweeters/FR's/whatever on axis, but the mid will be off axis. There's only so much I can do. What do you suggest Sean?
mt locations....

Going to build fiberglass cups into the A-Pillars

If A cups need fiberglass, do you use Kevlar for D cups?

Shazam.

6080d1385329455-fs-super-rare-2013-5-gro

tumblr_mzgzuxEPwh1r49faro1_400.gif

Just sittin' here watching repeatedly

I only watched it a few hundred dozens of times.

Good. Making sure I wasn't alone.

Any recommendations on some 3-4" midranges and tweeters to be run active 3 way. Midbass will be Exodus Anarchy run off axis in the doors, and mids and tweeters will be run on axis on the a-pillar.

Also willing to run a fullranger on axis to pair with the Exodus', just needs to handle ~1000+ Hz

Cute kid smile.png

Don't run the Exodus that high. If you run a 3 way you can get something that digs WAY lower and use a VERY cheap tweeter on the top. MOunting locations will determine all options though.

I would rather run a two way system. Let's say max budget is 160 for mids and 160 for highs as maximum budget. Is there a better option that Ex-Anarchy? They seem to be quite the performers. I can get the tweeters/FR's/whatever on axis, but the mid will be off axis. There's only so much I can do. What do you suggest Sean?
mt locations....
Going to depend on you. I hate recommending full rangers and a midbass to others. It is the right solution for me for sure, but I listen to live jazz and talk radio mostly. Both hugely benefit from the ease of voicing most of the spectra through a single driver. There are surely other negatives, but I am personally a big fan. Part of this relates to the compromise of a 2way in general. The gap and separation between a tweet and mid is brutal. Made absolutely worse for me since kicks will never work as my enormous feet just won't let that happen. A 3 way with a cheap tweeter and a robust 4" though would make me happy as well. The first portion of the spectra I would personally eliminate is the "sparkle". It is a fun exercise to play music through an adjustable filter and start to roll things up and down and see what drives you nuts and what doesn't. Depending on what that is may influence your decision and/or my recommendation.

shit yeah! One lowball offer and 2 offers over asking price. Guess I'm moving.

Oops. Got excited.

SWEET!!

Cute kid smile.png

mt locations....

Going to depend on you. I hate recommending full rangers and a midbass to others. It is the right solution for me for sure, but I listen to live jazz and talk radio mostly. Both hugely benefit from the ease of voicing most of the spectra through a single driver. There are surely other negatives, but I am personally a big fan. Part of this relates to the compromise of a 2way in general. The gap and separation between a tweet and mid is brutal. Made absolutely worse for me since kicks will never work as my enormous feet just won't let that happen. A 3 way with a cheap tweeter and a robust 4" though would make me happy as well. The first portion of the spectra I would personally eliminate is the "sparkle". It is a fun exercise to play music through an adjustable filter and start to roll things up and down and see what drives you nuts and what doesn't. Depending on what that is may influence your decision and/or my recommendation.

I've actually been checking out the FE85 full rangers to run instead of tweeters. Seems like they're perfect to run with the Anarchy's. Also been looking at these http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-3-fullrange/fountek-fr89ex-3-full-range-8-ohm/ Seems like these are on point. Any reason I shouldn't go with them?

One HUGE reason. They HAVE to be ON AXIS. If you can do that and are willing to say fuck the passenger that would be rather close to what I'd personally do. Revisiting my needs and reflecting on yours may not yield the same conclusion.