Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I cannot quote any posts, videos are dead links and most gifs are not playing....

Weird.

Will match my other amp for my F-250! I have bought used or acquired every piece so far. 

gallery_10399_475_92017.jpg

gallery_10399_475_92260.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_652056.jpg

gallery_10399_415_59529.jpg

gallery_10399_415_117472.jpg

Alpine 9887 hu

Memphis amps

Seas 27tffn c/g tweeters (thanks Aaron)

mids?

Aurasound NS10-513-4a center counsel sub

Sound deadener complements of Aaron also!

As it's a work truck I would hate to buy new but still want steller SQ. 

ALL I am lacking now are the mids....Sean had some Seas Ca18's I wouldn't mind running. He never shot me a price though?. hint,hint biggrin.png

Nice catch :D

Speaking of buying used, only my mids and sub were bought new. 3 amps, headunit, ipod interface and midbass were all bought used. 

Nice house steve!!!

J

We've endured 3 weeks of incessant snow, school was cancelled 3 days for that, but tomorrow, due to cold weather, there's a lockdown.  Any non-emergency vehicles on the road from 7PM tonight to 6PM tomorrow will be subject to a $2500 fine and/or impound and jail.

It would be awesome if the state did that here. In the eastern and southern part of the country everybody is snowed in. And there was a 2 day warning that snow is coming. Still, people chose to travel, pregnant women chose to stay home instead of going to the nearest hospital. And now that snow is 10 ft deep in some areas, the media is going crazy over people stuck somewhere and pregnant women who can't get to the hospital. 

We've endured 3 weeks of incessant snow, school was cancelled 3 days for that, but tomorrow, due to cold weather, there's a lockdown. Any non-emergency vehicles on the road from 7PM tonight to 6PM tomorrow will be subject to a $2500 fine and/or impound and jail.

It would be awesome if the state did that here. In the eastern and southern part of the country everybody is snowed in. And there was a 2 day warning that snow is coming. Still, people chose to travel, pregnant women chose to stay home instead of going to the nearest hospital. And now that snow is 10 ft deep in some areas, the media is going crazy over people stuck somewhere and pregnant women who can't get to the hospital.

Try being in louisiana where we get freezing rain every 10 years. There were over 200 wrecks the other day and tomorrow everything is locked down for 1 inches of snow and freezing rain.

We've endured 3 weeks of incessant snow, school was cancelled 3 days for that, but tomorrow, due to cold weather, there's a lockdown. Any non-emergency vehicles on the road from 7PM tonight to 6PM tomorrow will be subject to a $2500 fine and/or impound and jail.

Try being in louisiana where we get freezing rain every 10 years. There were over 200 wrecks the other day and tomorrow everything is locked down for 1 inches of snow and freezing rain.

Ouch.

J

Freezing rain, no thank you, I don't want that. 

I think it would be good for things to shut down a bit here in MN when the windchill brings things to -60's.

It's crazy cold. Like scary as fuck cold.

I think it would be good for things to shut down a bit here in MN when the windchill brings things to -60's.

It's crazy cold. Like scary as fuck cold.

Keep it man.

J

Sheeet. Bought a house.

They accepted the offer?! Congrats Steve!

It will only be about -20 this morning, and the wind is supposedly dying down. Not as dangerous, but not good either.

I'm actually good in a t-shirt, button up, tie and thin wool/cashmere sweater as long as the wind isn't crazy. I haven't actually worn a coat yet this year. When I snowblow wear a sweatshirt.

Yesterday my hands nearly got bit loading some groceries in a parking lot though. I didn't bring gloves and the wind was just slicing through my hands.

Really stupid to not have my hands covered when touching/carying things in that kind of cold.

Honestly never dealt with anything more than -10 without the wind. I cannot fathom it.

J

Woke up this morning with my right knee hurting. And at one point I have an A-HA moment and remember falling yesterday on that knee laugh.png

Woke up this morning with my right knee hurting. And at one point I have an A-HA moment and remember falling yesterday on that knee laugh.png

Quotes work again!

I hate when I can't remember how I hurt something. I'm always in pain and bitching about it like a little girl though.

Thanks guys.

Here's a look. Quite a bit smaller than the house I just sold, but it's a great area and one of the best school districts.

http://www.cbdfw.com/property/2206-Canyon-Trail-Carrollton-75007/NTREIS/12018383/

I am stoked for you Steve! I have spent quite a bit of time in Southlake area. Thats a great neighborhood! 

I use FuncGen but have never tried to do anything while playing music.

I think I downloaded the same one.

I'd really like to try and get better at using EQ and understanding why and where I would like to change it. This will be particularly useful when I do my friends active setup and will likely have limited tuning time.

Sheeet. Bought a house.

They accepted the offer?! Congrats Steve!
negotiations are down to about 450 bucks. If she declines it she's stupid. I think she's just trying to make us wait now. If she had just replaced the carpet she would have got a full price offer right away, considering the comps in the neighborhood bring multiple offers within a week. The house didn't show well when we saw it but I can look through that. Dumping 6 or 7 grand into carpet is what I think pushed off buyers. Once a house sits for a couple weeks there, buyers just assume it a bad house and don't even look. This has been on market since August, she's a single mom of two boys, recently divorced, and clearly does not live there anymore. She would be a dumb bitch not to take what I've offered. Like I said the only thing left for her to agree on is a $450 home warranty.

Thanks guys.

Here's a look. Quite a bit smaller than the house I just sold, but it's a great area and one of the best school districts.http://www.cbdfw.com/property/2206-Canyon-Trail-Carrollton-75007/NTREIS/12018383/

I am stoked for you Steve! I have spent quite a bit of time in Southlake area. Thats a great neighborhood!

thanks dude. Hopefully it all works out with the inspection. Has new roof, new pebble tec pool, and a few other things.I have big plans for the house after closing.

Will match my other amp for my F-250! I have bought used or acquired every piece so far. 

gallery_10399_475_92017.jpg

gallery_10399_475_92260.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_652056.jpg

gallery_10399_415_59529.jpg

gallery_10399_415_117472.jpg

Alpine 9887 hu

Memphis amps

Seas 27tffn c/g tweeters (thanks Aaron)

mids?

Aurasound NS10-513-4a center counsel sub

Sound deadener complements of Aaron also!

As it's a work truck I would hate to buy new but still want steller SQ. 

ALL I am lacking now are the mids....Sean had some Seas Ca18's I wouldn't mind running. He never shot me a price though?. hint,hint biggrin.png

Nice catch biggrin.png

Speaking of buying used, only my mids and sub were bought new. 3 amps, headunit, ipod interface and midbass were all bought used. 

Generally ppl with high end equipment take good care of it so I am comfortable buying used.

A funny story. I traded a tattoo for the Memphis MCA-3004. Is a guy I went to school with.  He owned a local audio shop for a while and had used the amp on some focals comps that cost a pretty penny. I demo'd the Honda to him with only the Fostex FF85k's and a little sub, no mid's. Dude was blown away that a 40 dollar 3.5" paper cone speaker sounded as good if not better than his 1000 dollar Focals. :P