hatrix

Overall louder sub for the money

The rating has no correlation to output level... 

yep, here's another twist to that argument too..

There are many high efficient drivers that are rated for low rms and lower efficient drivers rated for high rms.

This is primarily due to the fact that the attributes needed to ensure retard-high thermal ratings kill efficiency...  It is a double edged sword...

There are many high efficient drivers that are rated for low rms and lower efficient drivers rated for high rms.

Efficiency doesn't correlate to output capabilities either.

the loudest woofers are proven to have chrome all over them, and a few blue lights dont hurt either.

Let's see a pic of your current box.

002irr.jpg

Maybe try port on the right side. Different port placement could maybe get you louder.

That port does not look right.

Looks way to close to the hatch as well

new box design buddy... seems to be the concensus ..... go with "more" port and different orientation as well.... not that it "can't" work but apparently isn't for you

More port for the win

Looks like that box has a raised Sundown Audio logo. The port does look a bit awkward.

Edited by BrutalBasser

Don't you mean sensitivity/SPL rating (1w/m or 2.83V/m).

Efficiency does correlate to output, because efficiency=(Usefull energy/Total energy)*100% . (which in this case is acoustic energy divided by energy put in the driver times 100%)

Looks like that box has a raised Sundown Audio logo. The port does look a bit awkward.

That it does. The guy who traded it had a Sundown sub in it.

It's a Z port or whatever it's called. Not just single slot. It does a zig zag in the box. It looked small to me too. My old boxes port is practically the size of this box. Little sarcastic, but still.

I'm not a box expert. I've built two boxes total, my last box however was a very nice box if I must say. Just was for a friend, not me. We built a box for his Sundown Z v.2.

Edited by hatrix

What are the dimensions of the port. I mean the external height and width.

Don't you mean sensitivity/SPL rating (1w/m or 2.83V/m).

Efficiency does correlate to output, because efficiency=(Usefull energy/Total energy)*100% . (which in this case is acoustic energy divided by energy put in the driver times 100%)

I was referring to reference efficiency, which is the percentage of electrical input converted to acoustic output.  Sensitivity is simply reference efficiency expressed in the decibel scale.  And it doesn't mean anything as to which driver will ultimately have higher output capabilities.

What are the dimensions of the port. I mean the external height and width.

That I don't know..... Yea I know, really wish I did. My friend is dumb and didn't ask for the exact specs of the entire box when he traded for it.

It might very well not have enough port area. But I've been using it for 6+ months and it sounds perfectly fine, at least from the drivers seat :P Might have crazy port noise in the back...