neo_styles

What You Say When Someone Asks "Why SSA?"

Just curious to hear all of your responses. We know why people say not to buy it and 99 percent of the time, cost comes into the picture. The only other potential negative I've ever noticed was in terms of how some of the lower lines used to be packaged that caused a little paint damage on the basket during shipping.

So assume you're around a bunch of people who've never heard of nor actually heard SSA subs. What do you say that convinces them it's a solid purchase over the competition? Asking for purely informational purposes and keep in mind I have an ICON myself on order.

Reputation. That is all.

we are actually working on a "WHY SSA" page as I type.  Aaron has been word-smithing this for a little while now.

we are actually working on a "WHY SSA" page as I type.  Aaron has been word-smithing this for a little while now.

Lol well I'm sorry if I jumped the gun, Mark. I asked Aaron to do one for MAF and this was just an extension of it for my own sake.

If I can let them hear my setup and show them a sub that is usually enough. If that isn't possible I can share my many past experiences with their products and customer service which have all been stellar. I have worked directly with Aaron and Mark through a ton of purchases and there isn't anything that I can think of to complain about, they really are good guys. I'd rather spend a few extra dollars and wait a bit longer and spend my money with a company that I trust.

As far as the packing and paint chipping to my knowledge the paint is more chip resistant now, and the heavier subs are now packaged a bit better.

For me its the quality of the product.

I was talking to someone the other day about ssa. They said the prices were way too high until i listed a few prices of other companies for subs with similar rms ratings. I also mentioned prices of some comparable subs that are local around me, after all that, he said the price wasnt that bad.

What really hurts is that the price of the shipping is added into the cost and people do not pay attention to that. That makes them look at other subs in a similar price range but they do not pay attention that those subs do not have the shipping added into the price.

When I had my ssa subs I didn't even answer the question. I just showed them the quality of the sub itself and played it for them. Damn the reactions I got from people lol now that I don't have the ssa subs anymore I either tell them how great the company/products are and how much better they are then most other subs. If someone around me has heard my ssa systems I let them speak for me and they have a lot to say. They make it seem like these are subs from heaven lol

"Who is ssa" is the question I look forward to almost every demo locally.

If I can let them hear my setup and show them a sub that is usually enough.

Is this the same as "just listen to it" ??

My answer was always 'why not? A friend owns the company, the product kicks ass, and the cost is reasonable.'

J

I'm not sure what you're asking...

I'm not sure what you're asking...
Are you saying that letting a person physically sit in your vehicle and demo the drivers a great selling point ??

or determining wether or not it is a good dependable product ??

You know ... let them hear it, or listen to it ???

If so, then i agree with you ...

As for the SSA Evil driver ... Very impressive !!! Gets very loud and does supsrisingly good playing music too !!!

Seemed really strong in the 45 - 70 htz range when cranked up ... and during music, fairly accurate in the 30 to 45 htz range too !!! not bad at all.

I can honnestly say that if I ever get the chance to build a system with a larger than a 10" driver application, I will definately go to Mark and Aaron for a SSA Evil Driver !!! maybe 2 or 4 ... who knows with my wild imagination !!!

Edited by Cablguy184

No one I know has a clue about anything that isn't Kicker, JL, Rockford, Alpine, etc. They'll say- How'd you end up with that brand? My answer is always that I set out on a search for something better than the everyday setup from best buy...

Then I give them a Demo. Most are like "HOLY SH*T!".wink.png Nuff Said.

Edited due to- i type like a newborn monkey.ugh.

Edited by Leedogg

From all the years of randomly meeting idiots with the lack of any knowledge, showing or even playing your setup for someone is not going to win over many retards out there.

They'll always say something exactly like this-

Yea, oh man.. That was loud.  My uncle (or who the hell ever they name) used to be(it's always used to) into car audio and he competed(of course, the whole world must have competed as well back in the day) and blew out his windshield(just like a tornado. That should be a bible story.) 

So to prevent themselves from looking dumbfounded, they manifest a highly exaggerated story on how something happened(which never did) that would put your system to shame. You can't argue with idiots so I screen people.

IF i think or believe they are 100% retard, they will not be privileged to listen to the setup.  

These are the kind of people that are not curious on how you built it or how loud it gets but just to joke on it because they do not have the ability to comprehend anything new in life they come across so they dispute any and all facts of knowledge.

This is full retard and again, nope, not privileged.

So pay attention to who you talk to because these people will spread information so twisted that it could make any brand look very bad.

From all the years of randomly meeting idiots with the lack of any knowledge, showing or even playing your setup for someone is not going to win over many retards out there.

Yea, oh man.. That was loud.  My uncle (or who the hell ever they name) used to be(it's always used to) into car audio and he competed(of course, the whole world must have competed as well back in the day) and blew out his windshield(just like a tornado. That should be a bible story.) 

So to prevent themselves from looking dumbfounded, they manifest a highly exaggerated story on how something happened(which never did) that would put your system to shame. You can't argue with idiots so I screen people.

IF i think or believe they are 100% retard, they will not be privileged to listen to the setup.  

These are the kind of people that are not curious on how you built it or how loud it gets but just to joke on it because they do not have the ability to comprehend anything new in life they come across so they dispute any and all facts of knowledge.

So pay attention to who you talk to because these people will spread information so twisted that it could make any brand look very bad.

trippy.gif

I thought that only happened to me.

That is the funniest thing ive heard all day

Yea, oh man.. That was loud. My uncle (or who the hell ever they name) used to be(it's always used to) into car audio and he competed(of course, the whole world must have competed as well back in the day) and blew out his windshield(just like a tornado. That should be a bible story.)

trippy.gif

I thought that only happened to me.

That is the funniest thing ive heard all day

Sadly, i think we all go through it in some way. Maybe its like a right of passage for bassheads. I have met way too many people who have said something about their buddy, or relative, that had a loud system that blew out their windshield. They listen to mine and they say "damn, how many windshields have you blown out," i look at them and say, none. Lols

Honesty, Integrity, and Customer Service.

Also keep in mind that I have been in car audio since 1987 and have never met a group of guys more committed to the cause of doing the right things reguarless of profit.

Wanted to build a stereo. After feeling like I was taking advantage of from a local shop. I decided to search the web and came across SSA that way. Everyone has been super friendly with me and the knowledge on this forum has been a great help. I would recommend SSA to anyone. Everyone here has helped in one way or another with my decisions. I was finally last weekend able to get my setup working and am absolutely blown away by the subwoofers I purchased. I am looking for reasons to drive my car just to listen to them.

Thanks again everyone from SSA

Wanted to build a stereo. After feeling like I was taking advantage of from a local shop. I decided to search the web and came across SSA that way. Everyone has been super friendly with me and the knowledge on this forum has been a great help. I would recommend SSA to anyone. Everyone here has helped in one way or another with my decisions. I was finally last weekend able to get my setup working and am absolutely blown away by the subwoofers I purchased. I am looking for reasons to drive my car just to listen to them.

Thanks again everyone from SSA

No he hasn't.  HE's just been taking nude photos of himself next to his full size George Michael cutout singing "Hungy like a Wolf" at the top of his lungs. THAT is WHY.

instead of asking why ssa? ask why not ssa

Do your friends seriously question you when you make an audio recommendation? Mine wouldn't, ask for some help explaining it to the wife though.

To pitch through a demo is so related to the install the value is dubious although of course to any noob that is the only value. Always makes me laugh. That being said I get a lot of questions about what sub is in my boat.

Really much more likely to get a what/who is SSA than why.