coot

every have one of those days...

So was just getting ready to go into a gas station and somehow didn't get my hand out of the way fast enough when closing the car door. I shut the door hear it latch then i realize i cant walk away cause my index and middle finger were shut in the door from tip to the first knuckle!!!!!! opened the door expecting to see blood, but luckily the didnt bleed. they are just purple right now. hell of a way to start the day. probably gonna have to buy something from the ssa store to feel better

My friend did that in my old s10. Shut the door on his index finger it latched and was locked. I had to run around and use the key to open it. No clue how he did it. His finger was tore up lol. Lost the nail and everything.

i think i got lucky since i dont have giant hands...my bones actually fit in the door gap lol

Closed my thumb in my door one afternoon and blew the tip out squirting blood on the van I parked next to. Did not even get to go in the store, wrapped it up in a glove and went on to work. Took almost 8 months for it to grow back to normal.

About 15 years ago I was getting out of the sliding door of my mother in laws van and had put my right hand on the outside of the B pillar. Her younger sister was getting out of the front seat and shut the front door on my hand. All 4 fingers were in the door. Didn't hurt at all, my fingers fit in the door jam without smashing them. Problem is they were all walking towards the store and I couldn't reach any of the door handles with my free hand. Had to yell across the parking lot to them for help.

man imp that would have sucked..my wife was in the car laughing t me cause she thought i had just caught my sleeve then about puked when she saw my hand lol

I had the EXACT same thing happen to my thumb about two weeks ago.  Set my hand on the side of the car to lean in the door and ask my middle son if he was going to come inside with me and before I leaned in the wind slammed the door shut and latched it on my thumb.  Hurt for a few hours and the nail may or may not fall off in time but the worst part is that I can't use that damn nail for anything without it hurting.  It also always feels as though it's still numb which doesn't make much sense either.  

I know exactly how you guys feel/felt.

7CD2D77D-AFDD-4456-A241-08E74DC18C13_zps

thats what my index finger looks like... does still feel numb too

About 15 years ago I was getting out of the sliding door of my mother in laws van and had put my right hand on the outside of the B pillar. Her younger sister was getting out of the front seat and shut the front door on my hand. All 4 fingers were in the door. Didn't hurt at all, my fingers fit in the door jam without smashing them. Problem is they were all walking towards the store and I couldn't reach any of the door handles with my free hand. Had to yell across the parking lot to them for help.

Same exact story for me but in reverse as I was getting in. I didn't know it had my hand and I ended up dangling from the door when my momentum was stopped.

It was just 15 min after I slipped and landed on my tailbone and gave it a little fracture.

Sucked.

With the advent of the sliding door in the 80's I managed to exuberantly catch our foreign exchange students full hand in a door I pitched about as hard as I could. Luckily body panel spacing was a bit weak then.

the wife accidently closed my hand in the door of her old sentra she had a couple years ago. luckily it was near the top of the door where there is some play and it didn't really hurt that much, but she was in tears over feeling so bad about it.

When I was a kid on a trip in Australia with my parents I somehow caught my wrist on the door latch getting out of a rental vehicle and gave myself a nice gash that narrowly missed the vein. It bled for quite some time too.

Hope yours heals up quickly.

Edited by nigel

my fingernails had fallen off completely from some infection I had in 06 and after taking all kinds of medicine nothing made it better until my father in law brought me some from Mexico and they finally got back to normal last year. I'm happy I thought I was going to be like that forever.