Sign in to follow this  
twelvemeter

Another Texan

Hello everyone,

I am working on overhauling my current 2007 Civic coupe install to a comp worthy trunk class build. The brains of the system is a Sony CDX-C90/ XDP-210EQ combo. A McIntosh powered (MC425 and MC427) Exodus/ Vifa front stage is in the stock locations. The current sub-stage is JBL GT4-12's powered by a Kicker ZX1000.1. The electrical is stock except for a single run of 1/0 KnuKoncepts cable. The overhaul will still include a McIntosh powered front stage, but the subs and subs powerplant will get yanked out in favor of 15's(or maybe triple 12's) and a 3-5kW amp. I am shooting for 150's. Electrical is first on the list...

WELCOME.gifWELCOME.gifWELCOME.gifWELCOME.gif

Welcome

:WELCOME: to the forum!

Welcome to SSA

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Doing a lot of reading/research. BTW, daviddto why are you in SB4 and not SB3?

welcome to the forum!

So... DSS Ethos then?

Welcome.

Sb3 just changed this year allowing 3 15s. Last year that would have been sb4.

Same class for me now.

Ah, I see. It's funny that both you(Steve) and bigjon replied. Your SS and current project along with bigjon's build logs inspired me to get serious about my project...

Awesome. That's what keeps us inspired too.

I see your in garland. I'm moving up to Carrollton myself. My SS is actually in mesquite right now, not far from you.

Bigjon is great in the lanes. Very competitive yet still very friendly.

People say I look pissed all the time but I'm not.... It's just my face. Lmao

Thanks for the welcome Tenacious.

I would love to get this thing together for the Spring Break Jam, but I think that's wishful thinking...

gprestonmoto, I was definitely leaning towards the Ethos-Ethi? but I am rethinking a single 18 for SB2. I will have to decide quickly, though.

bad ass man.. hope to see you at a show soon :D

Lol ethi...

The Sub is based on two definitions of the word. First, the Meaning of the word is character, and is used to express how music affects the soul. The second is Aristotle's usage in his means of persuasion.

Wait, I have to put on my nerd glasses to read this post...JK. I knew about the second definition, but not the first. In all seriousness, it is a very distinctive name. It stands out against names like LVL 3, 9515, ZVx... I was hoping to jump in before the price change, but I still have not made the decision.

Welcome!! From Texas!!

Thanks for the welcome, ex650. Sadly though, I have cancelled my trunk class build project.

And wait for it....................switched to a non-trunk build. It just doesn't make sense for what I'm trying to achieve. The only things that will reside in the trunk now, will be the batts. Now, I have up to 11 net cubes at my disposal, without walling. I am almost 100% sure it will be a single 18 with a big a** port. Build log to follow soon...

:WELCOME: