Sign in to follow this  
Sencheezy

Johnathan Price Demo of DSS Ethos

Ha! I just posted that in your build thread...he's looking a lil sqeaminsh by the end.

Look at you getting famous!

I can't get over how loud and clean my 2 12" ethos are, but your truck has got to scare the shiznit out of everyone that gets a demo. Damn nice work!!!

dang man, your set up looks painful. You weren't kidding when you said how versatile the ethos is.

It's hard as heck to breath in there! 

I was able to get a demo from this monster at slam on Saturday. It is remarkable versitile. Oh and yes there were some points when I got a little choked up. And my nose itched like crazy. Nice ride sencheezy and compliments to smiley for all the work. Amazing installation work.

On a side note watching Sanchez give demos and not tap out before his passengers was funny to watch all weekend.

Great video!!

How much you think your running to each one? Maybe like 2k? Sucks that you can't really fit more power back there. Still a damn nice build though.

How much you think your running to each one? Maybe like 2k? Sucks that you can't really fit more power back there. Still a damn nice build though.

He has 11 batteries and room for 3 8k's. I think he has the power covered just fine. lol

That video was with the truck OFF on battery power only.

Edited by swift

Just been wondering. Why do you keep playing it with the motor off?

On a side note watching Sanchez give demos and not tap out before his passengers was funny to watch all weekend.

May have to set up a outside volume control contraption on that thing ...

His motor was overheating at idle I believe

I can't get over how loud and clean my 2 12" ethos are, but your truck has got to scare the shiznit out of everyone that gets a demo. Damn nice work!!!

How you liking the 12's?  I got a pair on order.  getting anxious... Building enclosure as we speak.  I'm having a hell of a time getting my tuning down to 32, so I settled at 33hz.  Hope it doesn't affect the sound too much... I'd imagine these subs will still shine...

I'm amazed at every video i've seen with these subs.  Quentin has something good going on with this line.  I'm sure it won't be too long before Ethos is a very common name... I'm also sure I just bought a set of "pure pleasure!" drivers.  My Camry is going to BANG!  What's nice is they seem fairly musical as well.  Come on and get here... I've got 4K waiting for them!

How you liking the 12's? I got a pair on order. getting anxious... Building enclosure as we speak. I'm having a hell of a time getting my tuning down to 32, so I settled at 33hz. Hope it doesn't affect the sound too much... I'd imagine these subs will still shine...

I'm amazed at every video i've seen with these subs. Quentin has something good going on with this line. I'm sure it won't be too long before Ethos is a very common name... I'm also sure I just bought a set of "pure pleasure!" drivers. My Camry is going to BANG! What's nice is they seem fairly musical as well. Come on and get here... I've got 4K waiting for them!

In my opinion they are the best drivers on the market in the $350 price range.

You will not find another small company that utilizes the massive amount of knowledge and experience in transducer design that I have at my disposal. Even the big boys use the engineers I have the blessing in receiving help from.

Engine Overheating. 

I was able to get a demo from this monster at slam on Saturday. It is remarkable versitile. Oh and yes there were some points when I got a little choked up. And my nose itched like crazy. Nice ride sencheezy and compliments to smiley for all the work. Amazing installation work.

Thanks for the kind words Kevin. Hopefully by next time I see you they will be on all three amps. 

16 divided by 6 is roughly 2.6k 

That's on paper so real world is around 1k per sub as we were clamping almost 500 amps per amp on saturday. 

Well, it's not really about how much you can fit back there, it's about how you utilize your space. If you've been following me, you would know that my persona is to get loud with the least amount of equipment. Hence just 2 12s and 2 horns for my mids/highs. I'm doing over a 160 with just six "1800" watt subs and a 155 with just 3,000 watts. 

How you liking the 12's? I got a pair on order. getting anxious... Building enclosure as we speak. I'm having a hell of a time getting my tuning down to 32, so I settled at 33hz. Hope it doesn't affect the sound too much... I'd imagine these subs will still shine...

I'm amazed at every video i've seen with these subs. Quentin has something good going on with this line. I'm sure it won't be too long before Ethos is a very common name... I'm also sure I just bought a set of "pure pleasure!" drivers. My Camry is going to BANG! What's nice is they seem fairly musical as well. Come on and get here... I've got 4K waiting for them!

I absolutely love them! I went from a single fi bl 12 to these ( just an upgrade, loved the bl too ) and have beating them for a few months now, they surprise me all the time. I've got 5k+ songs on my iPhone and stuff that I didn't play on the Fi have become regulars on my playlist. They play EVERYTHING amazingly well. My demos start with some kind of everyday music just to show how musical they are. Then I play something to show how brutal they can be. They are on a Taramps 3k and could easily do more. To put it another way, I need to upgrade the front stage again, because I can completely drown it out. I could go on forever about them and Q himself, but ultimately the Ethos speak for themselves!

I absolutely love them! I went from a single fi bl 12 to these ( just an upgrade, loved the bl too ) and have beating them for a few months now, they surprise me all the time. I've got 5k+ songs on my iPhone and stuff that I didn't play on the Fi have become regulars on my playlist. They play EVERYTHING amazingly well. My demos start with some kind of everyday music just to show how musical they are. Then I play something to show how brutal they can be. They are on a Taramps 3k and could easily do more. To put it another way, I need to upgrade the front stage again, because I can completely drown it out. I could go on forever about them and Q himself, but ultimately the Ethos speak for themselves!

Where is the build log?

I've been holding off from intimidation, Big Jon and Senchez have massive builds. Mine is just a regular ol' daily driver. Nothing really fancy, but I guess I should put one up :)

jennipher.gif congrats bro

I've been holding off from intimidation, Big Jon and Senchez have massive builds. Mine is just a regular ol' daily driver. Nothing really fancy, but I guess I should put one up :)

I wouldn't say Big Jon's is massive by any means. I say it's just right. Definitely awesome. Now when we see a wall go in, then start getting intimidated lol

I've been holding off from intimidation, Big Jon and Senchez have massive builds. Mine is just a regular ol' daily driver. Nothing really fancy, but I guess I should put one up smile.png

I wouldn't say Big Jon's is massive by any means. I say it's just right. Definitely awesome. Now when we see a wall go in, then start getting intimidated lol

coolugh.gif

Glad you posted your build Adam!  Like you, after following Jon and Cheezy, my build is tiny.lol - but I still put it out there.