Sign in to follow this  
baggedbirds.com

Got my (2) ssd12 box designed

yupp bagged some time in the seat...

coupled with break in time and adjusting a few crossover points and gains Im sure you will be posting back your findings and a review i hope ^_^

It is possible for a ported enclosure to sound more punchy than a sealed, it's just a matter of design, and what the paticular drivers like. Every time I've switched from a sealed to a ported box I was happier with the way it sounded, the way it hits and the strength of the lows has always seemed better. Sounds like everything turned out great, it looks nice.

Edited by tejcurrent

Properly designed ported enclosures can sound as good if not better than a sealed one...i've got a little 8 ported in the 4 runner for sq :) sounds damn good.

my post here is a little out of date so , let me get you guys caught up.

I went to the junk yard and got a seat to cut up. Here it is.

to see the sub install go here

100_2541.jpg

100_2563.jpg

100_2564.jpg

barrowed an old cutter from mom kitchen

100_2565.jpg

100_2566.jpg

100_2567.jpg

100_2568.jpg

100_2569.jpg

So now I have framed in the soft seat. I did it once and I made the panels a little short so the edge wouldn't show thru the upholstery then i thought that i want a nice clean edge. So i re-made them all. I am not one to keep a project I have started and finsihed for time served. if its junk or not right i through it away and start over.

I have some steel stips to add to the back of the seat for the hog-ring attachment inside the opening. i still have to do that, they need to be tack welded on there.

so here they are.

100_2583.jpg

100_2584.jpg

that panels are attached with upholstry glue - the good stuff, not the 3m 77 can crap! then i drilled holes in the panles and put the metal rods inside the seat through them with some epoxy and CA glue. one the upholstry glue sets, that foam will rip beofre the panles come off.

100_2586.jpg

100_2585.jpg

I still have some fit issues. I think i need to bevel the edges of the cover panel so there is some room for upholstery around the edge.

100_2587.jpg

got the center foam attached to some 1/4" peg board. why drillholes if i can get it with holes in it. I really don't plan on useing it but i have it if i need it.

Suppose to meet the upholstery guy Sat. to talk about it.

in the second pic you can see the metal i drilled holes in andweled to the frame so the upholstery guy can hog rinf the upholstery inside the opening

100_2600.jpg

100_2601.jpg

got my seats back today. They are pretty good.

I need to put some time into the speaker cover fitting better and flush.

the speaker cover is just primer now and will get a few small ostrich peices to coordinate with the rest of the interior

they wraped the the inside of the opening in tweed and it was suppose to be the vinyl, they liked it better, should have asked me, i wanted it dark againist the paint.

100_2642.jpg

100_2646.jpg

100_2645.jpg

Hey what are the dimensions of your box. The numbers are to small on your design thing.

Looking very good! Keep the pics rolling in when you get more done.

Thanks,

Scott

hey what are the exact dimensions of your box.

hey what are the exact dimensions of your box.

Looks awesome man!

How do you like them so far?

what are the exact dimensions of your box

persistant arent' you. Unless you have a t-bird 89-97 i would build it like a regualar box and not to these dimensions. the specs on volume and port are in the first post.

otherwise

all outside dims.

39"wide

12.75" tall

19.25" deep @ top

25.25" deep @ bottom

port is 4.375" wide

100_2700.jpg

Dam i like the way that looks VERY NICE

When i get my 2 fi btls and 2 mem 4kw im doin some crazy install gonna be alot of work but it gonna be worth it i will post it up when i start i but u love that rite there

can people still sit in ur back seat

Sign in to follow this