meade916

2002 Caddy on bagz...8 Fi BTL 18's, 2 RF T15k amps (new vid pg 31)

you guys are crazy :D

anyway.......

Icing on the F*cking Cake!

Rockford 3sixty.2 everything adjustable on the touchscreen.........quite possibly the sickest thing in the truck!!!

DSC01259.jpg

DSC01262.jpg

steve you've outdone yourself and the caddy's not even yours lol

Looking to do something similar to your tahoe ? (the carputer)

ok i spent the day gettin the PC itself dialed in, configuring COM ports for the 7 USB devices that are plugged in was a pain but it all works great!! I got the Navi and the OBD II Scanner working........also, since the built in DVD player (on the PC) is buried i decided to grab a External DVD player. I wanted to mount it in the dash but its just a little too deep......besides the console doesnt have any more room once the Alpine gets here. Anyway its accessable INSIDE the center console now. It will only be used probably........ummm never :D Its there in case programs need to be installed and stuff like that. Anyway here is the pics.

First thing first, the external DVD player needs A/C power to run.........so i grabbed a cigarette lighter power inverter i had layin around (brand new in package, nver used). I ripped it apart, hard wired it, and dedicated it just to the player......

DSC01289.jpg

DSC01290.jpg

DSC01291.jpg

DSC01292.jpg

DSC01293.jpg

DSC01294.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

DSC01296.jpg

DSC01297.jpg

DSC01298.jpg

I used EVERY USB port on the computer as well as all slots on a 4 port hub.......definitly lots goin on under the console

DSC01299.jpg

There is the actual PC DEEP inside the console :D I had to straight BUTCHER the hell out of the guts to get that thing in there :D

DSC01300.jpg

DSC01302.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

DSC01304.jpg

DSC01309.jpg

DSC01314.jpg

DSC01324.jpg

DSC01313.jpg

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01323.jpg

got the Navigation working........its so damn sweet. Lots of options on it. For some reason in only took this pic though.

DSC01325.jpg

Also, there is still plastic film on the screen.........u can see it pealing a little on the bottom corner. I wont take that off till im done of course.

haha, there is just so much going on in this vehicle. Hope this makes it into a magazine or something.

You going to get Oki working on it or what?

thanks, id love to but when he comes out he will be on vacation.......no time to work :D

heres what i got today......Alpine 9986 and a few AI net Items to make the Ipod and computer feed into the deck. It works so damn good!!

DSC01328.jpg

DSC01329.jpg

DSC01330.jpg

DSC01331.jpg

DSC01336.jpg

DSC01339.jpg

DSC01341.jpg

FINALLY got to route the RCA, Remote and Cat 5 cable to the console!! (coming from the rear and strung under the truck up into the cabin). Feels good to get that done!

DSC01356.jpg

DSC01355.jpg

DSC01351.jpg

DSC01352.jpg

DSC01354.jpg

DSC01360.jpg

DSC01358.jpg

here is a small clip of the deck and screen........check out the 3sixty.2 interface in particular ;)

here is a small clip of the deck and screen........check out the 3sixty.2 interface in particular ;)

O3WZN925lx8

Edited by SSaudio
embed youtube video for you

I haven't been on SSA in a while and I completely forgot about this thread. Sick to say the least

I just spent the last hour or more catching up

-John

Steve, whats keeping the subs from working in that video, like what do you have left before you let those wang?

thanks!! :)

Grim: ummmm i think the neighbors are holding the bass back not the system :D :D

the bass works i just couldnt let it rip at the time i was filming. That was the first time though i have ever had mids/highs and bass at the same time (even though the mids and highs were a 10" and a 4" coaxle on the floor lol)

i had to test the deck and all those wires i just ran from the back......make sure the right signals were coming from the right wires. Its starting to get complicated now that the 3sixty is in full use since there is all kinds of different stuff going on and that is BEFORE i start tuning :D

Ahhh i see, good choice on that one lol.

I just hadnt seem them run yet and thought maybe there was still work to be done before you ran the bass..

I have to say this setup is amazing. I thought that from the beginning but now...i dont even know what to say, its just beautiful work. I really like to see people do what you do to keep it clean. I thought i was the only one who was that anal about my wiring jobs.

if you look close enough, you will see i do have some test-run vids with the 8 18's......;)

It was rainin, it was pourin but this old man wasnt snorin.......i was out there workin :D

here is todays update. Oh ya, the weather out here in cali made short work of my RF banners.....damn!!

DSC01361.jpg

DSC01362.jpg

DSC01366.jpg

DSC01368.jpg

DSC01370.jpg

DSC01371.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

DSC01375.jpg

DSC01376.jpg

how bout this for a stealthy Bass knob.......what WAS and still APPEARS to be a cigarette lighter is now something entirely different :D

DSC01395.jpg

DSC01396.jpg

DSC01397.jpg

DSC01398.jpg

DSC01399.jpg

DSC01401.jpg

DSC01420.jpg

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01422.jpg

DSC01404.jpg

DSC01405.jpg

DSC01406.jpg

DSC01407.jpg

the gaps were big so i needed some sort of backer for the Flex Filler

i decided to use some plastic from earlier "butchery" :D This give me something solid to toss the mud onto instead of "free-Airing" it or using duct tape (which works too but i wanted something more solid here).

DSC01409.jpg

DSC01412.jpg

DSC01413.jpg

DSC01414.jpg

DSC01415.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

DSC01418.jpg

DSC01419.jpg

AFter cleaning it, Some plastic prep was applied.....

DSC01423.jpg

looks wicked

and the bass knob on the cigarette adapter....thats pretty unique

just a little sanding tonite nothing too exciting.....i still have more to do but my hands are raw. These two pieces are sanded to 600 so they are gettin real smooth :D

DSC01452.jpg

DSC01453.jpg

DSC01454.jpg

DSC01455.jpg

DSC01457.jpg

DSC01458.jpg

DSC01461.jpg

next i need to finish the dash piece sanding and then shoot them. Probably gloss black. Then i can move on to other stuff.....