meade916

2002 Caddy on bagz...8 Fi BTL 18's, 2 RF T15k amps (new vid pg 31)

loving, one question, how are you wiring up all the speakers? two channels off the T15kw for stereo, each channel wired in series to 5-6 speakers or how? just kinda curious on how the whole system is wired, 8 18's, 2 10's, and 6 sets of comps off of two 4-channel amps? I have it laid out in my head how i'd do it, just wondering how you're doing it.

BTW: ABSOLUTELY BALLIN OUTTA CONTROL PROJECT!!! THIS THING I BET GETS 2-3 MAG COVERS!!!

thanks! ill explain the wiring AGAIN later when i actually get back to it. :D;)

a little more progress.....i actually have put a few hours in each nite like always but nothing too post worthy just lots of mule work :D

here is how the passenger door is turning out:

DSC01934.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01942.jpg

DSC01943.jpg

DSC01944.jpg

DSC01945.jpg

DSC01947.jpg

DSC01948.jpg

im just curious, on how much weight has been added to it, i dont even want to guess

That build is absolutely crazy......definitely will be deserving of a few magazine covers when you're all done. I would assume it's probably almost 2000 pounds heavier now isn't it? Just figuring with the woofers, wall, deadening, batteries.....so much chit, maybe its more than a ton. Either way, I'd love to sit in that thing for however long I could stand it.

time to make the panels strong.....19oz glass for the rear of the panel, 3/4 oz for the front....

DSC01953.jpg

DSC01954.jpg

DSC01955.jpg

DSC01956.jpg

DSC01957.jpg

DSC01958.jpg

DSC01959.jpg

DSC01960.jpg

DSC01961.jpg

DSC01966.jpg

DSC01967.jpg

DSC01969.jpg

DSC01970.jpg

here is a few pics from this weekend. Saturday was a wash, people started showin up and i didnt get much done........sunday i sanded my fingers off. After they grow back i will start sanding some more.

part of the challenge, which is hard to see in the pics, is the clean up of the critical areas. Where the door handle, window and door lock buttons and the little piece that goes over the door opener is, they need to be trimmed off perfectly so all of it will go in its original spot. So far so good but its a lot of work carving all the excess glass and resin away.

DSC01988.jpg

DSC02010.jpg

DSC02011.jpg

DSC02013.jpg

DSC02015.jpg

DSC01990.jpg

DSC01991.jpg

thanks bro......im glad you can see the beauty in a panel in this stage of the build.......all ugly and stuff LOL. I woulda primered it but i was too tired and dusty so thats where she sits for now :D Its not completely ready for primer yet i still got more sanding and a few more little areas to address before i do that.

I see beauty in those doors meade. I did two panels for a geo show car the same way. At that stage where its been primered and sanded a hundred times, I really appreciate the work it takes to get there.

You will be painting them I assume based on the immense sanding.

thanks but ya they wont be painted, they will be wrapped in leather to match whatever we do to the interior......it doesnt have to be sanded to no 600grit or anything but it still needs to be sanded enought where you wont see flaws thru the material which it will do if i dont get it right :D I will also still primer of course so i can see my flaws a little better.

Edited by meade916

thanks :D damn miam? sounds like fun if i only didnt have a day job and a family, id be there! :D

ok here is tonites work......i usually take mondays off (from installing) but i have worked the last 4 mondays in a row, no reason to stop now. I threw some mud on the driver door and knocked it all down. Looks just like the last door but ill post pics anyway :D

DSC02027.jpg

DSC02028.jpg

DSC02029.jpg

DSC02030.jpg

DSC02033.jpg

DSC02036.jpg

DSC02038.jpg

DSC02039.jpg

DSC02040.jpg

DSC02041.jpg

ill work on the little flaws the rest of the week and HOPEFULLY have them primered one color and ready for the next phase by then.

looks good, i plan on doing some fiberglassing on the interior of my next project, two 8's in each front door and 4' mid and 1' tweet in each A-pillar. so i'm def. taking notes, haven't exactly worked a lot with fiberglass. any fiberglass products you'd recommend that work better than others from like an ace hardware or w/e you like? i hear that what you use is very important.

Jesus Asian Christ!

This is by far the sickest install I have seen to date and I have seen quite a few. Never in my wildest imagination could I come up with something so over the top! Over the top in a good way. You my friend have talent on top of talent. I can see why people say good things about you. You have dedication beyond the norm and I comend you on that.

Only thing I am not big on is the highes. I would have went with something else, but that is just my expierience with Rockford and personally don't like the way they sound. Still, those doors are something else! From the amps, to the subs to the deadner, everything that went into this is top notch!

I just spent well over 2 hours reading this from start to finish as I don't frequent this forum much, but glad I got to check this out. You are an inspiration too many that are willing to go this distance. For me, I am happy with my 1 12" sub setup, lol!

Edited by Bigbangtheory

Seriously, THANK YOU for the compliments i really appreciate that sh@t!!!

weather here has been bad and sunday i had business to handle so i didnt get that much done, but i did do some sanding and priming....still needs more work but this is what they look like "one color"

DSC02047.jpg

DSC02073.jpg

(that was last nite)......tonite, i sanded some more and primed some more then sanded some more.........then i really wanted to see what the speakers look like in the door and well :D :D

IMG00043.jpg

IMG00044.jpg

IMG00046.jpg

IMG00047.jpg

IMG00048.jpg

did a test fit with a piece of fine Italian Leather that i had layin around from the Navigator build....everything should be sick as hell when done!