meade916

2002 Caddy on bagz...8 Fi BTL 18's, 2 RF T15k amps (new vid pg 31)

thats a killer idea......good luck with it though!

i know thats going to take a bit of time......

thanks......anyway here is MORE molex pics. There is 11 speakers per door, 2 per a pillar. Each door needs 22 individual wires but using a plug there is a male and female "pin" for each side. That makes 44 pins per door. The A pillars have 4 wires but total 8 pins per side (for the plugs). Thats 16. So yes, i sat here and crimped, then soldered 104 of these suckers. Took forever and it was straight WORK so i will post em even if its kinda boring pics :D

i think theres gonna be a LOT of wiring in my future......this is just two doors and 2 A pillars :D

DSC02348.jpg

DSC02350.jpg

DSC02351.jpg

DSC02349.jpg

DSC02352.jpg

DSC02353.jpg

DSC02355.jpg

These are the A pillar plugs. I have 9 slots open but i only need 4 on each one.....

DSC02356.jpg

DSC02357.jpg

DSC02359.jpg

DSC02360.jpg

Heres the 12 pin door plugs next to the 9 (4) pin A pillar plugs

DSC02364.jpg

DSC02365.jpg

I've never broken up a wire like that before, how much current do you think that kind of set up can handle? Just curious.

I may sound like I'm swangin from the McNuggits but I'm really impressed with the simplicity of the idea.

I've never broken up a wire like that before, how much current do you think that kind of set up can handle? Just curious.

I may sound like I'm swangin from the McNuggits but I'm really impressed with the simplicity of the idea.

im not sure.....i mean its door speakers so they should be ok with the current......if not ill find out the hard way. Should be OK though, seems fine.

oh, and Thanks! :)

OK A Pillars are in and they look SICK!! Pics do them no justice. First the wire-pull pics.......i ran everything from the door into the cabin now i just need to get my xover network built (this week and weekend) and ill have a place to run the wires too.

DSC02378.jpg

DSC02380.jpg

DSC02381.jpg

DSC02382.jpg

DSC02384.jpg

DSC02385.jpg

DSC02386.jpg

DSC02387.jpg

MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS........i managed to save the stock rubber grommets at least.

Now for the A PIllars........ok the black is very hard to capture on the camera so i had to adjust the exposure on them after they were on the computer. They may look a little grainy taking a dark black pic and adding light but you get the point anyway :D

DSC02388.jpg

DSC02389.jpg

DSC02390.jpg

DSC02393.jpg

DSC02396.jpg

DSC02397.jpg

DSC02399.jpg

DSC02403.jpg

DSC02408.jpg

DSC02411.jpg

DSC02413.jpg

DSC02415.jpg

DSC02417.jpg

Oh also, i dropped the door panels off today. Im HOPING they will be done this week! :D

.....just spending time laying stuff out and scratching my head :D

DSC02428.jpg

DSC02429.jpg

DSC02430.jpg

DSC02450.jpg

DSC02451.jpg

DSC02454.jpg

DSC02456.jpg

DSC02457.jpg

DSC02460.jpg

DSC02461.jpg

DSC02463.jpg

DSC02470.jpg

design subject to change without notice :D im still moving stuff around. Im going to make it look as good as i can but it will mostly be covered by the Nitrogen tank. Those things sitting on top are the brackets that hold the tank...

everything will be framed in and covered in leather trim. the 2x3's you see here are just so i can get an idea what its going to look like.

couple sneak peaks at one of the door panels.

Ok here is the deal, in order to use the leather it would need a GANG of stitching. Almost too much due to the shape of this thing. He told me it was going to be very "busy" and might look tacky. My other option was to use some GOOD vinyl, some german chit that they put in Mercedes and BMW...some chit that is AS expensive as the leather, so its not generic or anything. After looking at the material and what it was going to take i decided to go with the stuff that would be easiest to form and one piece too. We are still using graphite grey inserts and handles dyed to match so it will be sick as hell. Also, the seats and everywhere else possible it will still be the dope leather chit.

anyway here is what the one looks like so far......

DSC02488.jpg

DSC02489.jpg

DSC02492.jpg

DSC02502.jpg

DSC02503.jpg

DSC02504.jpg

DSC02506.jpg

DSC02507.jpg

door handle was chewed up by my dog.......i gotta get a new one at the caddy dealer next week. Were gonna dye it grey to match the suede.

MAN THATS SWEET... SO ARE U GONNA BE GETTING THE NEW BTLS SCOTT IS MAKING?

as far as i know im first on the list ;):neil:

I may sound like I'm swangin from the McNuggits.

hahahaha,

"I may sound like I'm swangin from the McNuggits"

Can't be swangin if the staement is true, Meades work is truly impresive.(imho)

Keep up the good work Bro.

thanks guys!! im stoked at how they look too :D lots of stressin out during the door build and its almost over! :D The door actually shutting was bigtime for me :D (dont ask :P )

Meade I gotta ask.

How do you get that panel with all that weight to hold to door?

Clips alone aint gonna get it so what gives?

thanks guys!! im stoked at how they look too :D lots of stressin out during the door build and its almost over! :D The door actually shutting was bigtime for me :D (dont ask :P )

Great ,as alwayz, continued installalation updates and pics!!!

clips are only used to keep it from flapping, on escalades it should hang on the metal working similar to how TV wall mounts work.

they hang from the remaining plastic clip things.......and they are screwed tight from the inside with a strategic piece of wood in just the right spot ;)

here is todays work. Back to the crossover rack. Most of this will never be seen but its no excuse not to make it strong and have the wires nice and clean...

DSC02513.jpg

DSC02514.jpg

DSC02515.jpg

DSC02518.jpg

DSC02517.jpg

DSC02519.jpg

DSC02520.jpg

DSC02521.jpg

DSC02522.jpg

DSC02523.jpg

again, this is made of 2x3's mainly because it also holds up a big Nitrogen bottle (for the air system)