sundownz

8 inch woofer?

Thats good to hear Jacab (about the power handling) what kind of power has he been throwing to it if you dont mind me asking?

Corey

Corey,

He has a 400-watt amp on it day to day (old red Orion HCCA @ 4 ohms)... we burped it several times with an 800-watt amp on tap in his CRX as well.

That gets me excited then, i got a box ready for 4 of these when there ready.

Thanks for the updates, cant wait for pics.

Corey

Question for those interested...

Keep it chrome?

or

Make it black?

Either way won't change the cost.

Chrome

Indeed... I was leaning towards black, just happened it was faster to prototype it in chrome :)

PS: This is the first of the "E" series woofers... I am prototyping other sizes. I can't give release dates but it'll be a great value line.

IMHO, i think chrome looks cheap. The reason i say this is you dont see it in alot of high end drivers, more low end stuff. I prefer the black look, but thats me. Once there mounted its not like your gonna see it anyway.

Corey

Black does have one advantage for production -- less lead time. They have to send off the parts to be chromed, the black parts are finished at the steel manufacturer.

I think black will be simpler and classier, so I'll go that way.

Hope to get some.

The final proto is on it's way to me -- I'm confident that this will be the one :) Sean has been having a good run with the first prototype that I re-coned with the new parts. I wanted to make sure that the factory assembly of the new parts was just as good before proceeding!

Just put my AQ SD2's up for sale so i will be able to pick up some of these as soon as there avalible Jacob. Once rich gets the box sent to me they will also have a nice new home.

4-8-SD2-2.jpg

4-8-SD2.jpg

DSC01672.jpg

DSC01674.jpg

:droolcup:

Corey

Wow, that is going to be sick :)

We did ~143 dB with the 8" proto that I re-built by hand Seans CRX in a 4th order band-pass, by the way.

Mine will be going on a SAZ-3000D when there back in stock. Got to order some plexiglass to configure a loading wall for them tho. Cant wait for these guys!

Corey

I am very intereasted in these subs I got in on the original re8 purchase back when they were like 44.00 or so and would love to try something new. From the sounds of it the product will have a very high quality like the rest of the products you guys produce.

So any idea when they will be ready for purchase? and a price point.

I am very intereasted in these subs I got in on the original re8 purchase back when they were like 44.00 or so and would love to try something new. From the sounds of it the product will have a very high quality like the rest of the products you guys produce.

So any idea when they will be ready for purchase? and a price point.

Still working on the details... but I'd like to have them out in 3-4 months.

MSRP should be around 80 dollars. I have not decided on a pre-sale price yet, though.

i wouldnt mind demoing some of those here for some people locally try to get some word of mouth going over here.

Edited by 90accordman

Still working on this project... may start production soon with a small batch to see how they are received.

soo maybe I missed it.. but what is final mount depth?

And I'm in for two.

Depth is 4.25" on them.

T/S will vary a bit from earlier projections but will work in about the same box sizes.