Pezzaboi

My Future Set-up (I Hope)

damn you like humiliating me huh?

Sean may come across harsh, but he is trying to be helpful.

he makes me want to shoot myself :[ lol im new to this hobby and i would like a lil patience :/

SSA is all about sharing and helping ideas and experience, but sometimes I know people get frustrated when new members make it hard to help or are seemingly unwilling to open up their plans or options. Not saying you are, but it is a source of a few conflicts.

Sorry to break up your CONVO! lol but

the 1200d can not be distributed to UK, so i've been offered a 1500d which i am willing to take!

Couple of Questions. what wire best to run this amp 0?

and when you talk about gain on these amps, does gain work like this?

you have a 1000 watt amp with a 500 watt sub, so in theory you set the gain at 50% to set the amp to give out half it's potential. Or is it totally different! sorry i have no exp!

Get back to me

Pez

As im getting the 1500d now. i may as well run the AA Havoc, would you say so?

get the havoc its a little better than the Q on lows and will handle the power fine.the gain is to match the rca outputs of the headunit. gains normaly range from 8v-200mv 8v being very little gain if you have a headunit with 5v preouts you would turn the gain slightly to match the 5v to achieve full power if you want less output from your amp turn the gain down. if your headunit has 2v preout you would need more gain to achieve full power. if you turn the gain higher than your preout voltage the max output will be acheived at lower volume but if you pass that volume you will send a clipped signal than will produce distortion and heat that can blow a sub or speaker

Cool thanks buddy!

i see now!, so i'd say it's possible to set the gain by ear? when you think and like the volume you get for the volume the HU is saying. if you get me. without setting the gain immensly high and saying wow look at my 1 volume! and get a nice range through out your range!

if i was to find HU i like would someone be able to tell me a rough gain i need to set?

as i maybe won't be able to tell what the volume range of the sub is :S

Cool thanks buddy!

i see now!, so i'd say it's possible to set the gain by ear? when you think and like the volume you get for the volume the HU is saying. if you get me. without setting the gain immensly high and saying wow look at my 1 volume! and get a nice range through out your range!

if i was to find HU i like would someone be able to tell me a rough gain i need to set?

as i maybe won't be able to tell what the volume range of the sub is :S

If you dont have a meter you could do it by ear, <this might require a trained ear but normally its qute obvious. you can do it like this.

set the volume on the headunit around where you would like to turn it up to(NEVER GO TO MAX) normally around 20 dependant on brand and model works nice. Turn the gain and bassboost all the way down on your amp. BASBOOST=BAD

then play a tone lets say of around 45-50 hz then slowly turn up the gain till you hear the sound of the sub changing..then back of a little. This is considdered a a fairly good way of doing it. But best yet if ur not sure get it on a O scope is fail proof (not noob proof) but the right way of doing it.

I used that exact same amp install kit and that exact wire for my AA Havoc lol!

Yeah use the 1/0 wire.

AA Havoc is an amazing sub dude.

Do you have any RCA's or amp turn on leads? If not, you will need those b/c they don't come w/ that amp install kit (there are ones that do though!)

Just get a 200 amp external fuse.

Gains are not volume knobs, and they aren't simple. There are How-to's everywhere on how to set your gains properly.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scripts/rig...9MQ**&p_li=

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scripts/rig...9MQ**&p_li=

www.bladeice.com

Good website to buy AA subs.

Edited by nick_19

Thanks buddies, i nearly know everything to set my stuff up 8]

yeh i had rough ideas on gain and stuff but thanks for clearing it out

LOL that's where i was buying my fi Q, but then saw the Havoc which i think you told me about before 8]

im just gunna look to find them other cables on that knuconcepts thing!

Cheers.

Running a 1500d takes masses of power i have heard,

what would i need to take into consideration to stop it taking to much or over heating :S

only a small car it will be going in, 2002 clio or corsa :S

just finalizing up now

Running a 1500d takes masses of power i have heard,

It depends on how hard you are with your equipment. Saying that everyone needs to upgrade their alternator and run multiple batteries for one is a fallacy, but some people are going to be more abusive to their stuff than others.

Where has the Fi site gone 8]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Answer Above please :)^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What do you mean by this?

It's two hours, get some patience :):eek5wavey:

O lol, no i dont go on that much i use blade ICE being from the UK,

and i read that someone said there was going to be a new Fi line, so i looked for webby and thought maybe it has moved or something :) Sorry!

Sounds good, I would check on box sizing first.

What is the size of your stock alternator?

If you can't find out just tell what year/model your car is.

1) Sub looks good. Dual 2 ohm will get you 1 ohm at the amp when wired like:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woof...mp;woofer_imp=3

2) The recommended box for the AA Havoc 15 is 1.5-3.0 cu ft. I'm not experienced w/ sealed so someone else will have to answer for that.

3) Perfect amp.

4) Looks like a damn nice component set!

5) Great amp, just watch your gains on those components.

Your kit will be perfect for power, just make sure you pick up some RCA's from somewhere.

Vauxhall Corsa 2002, Sux car but insurance is a killer at 17 -.-

Ahhh so i'm getting close :)

Got wiring sorted out mate somebody popped online and help me, Got RCA's Sorted

Gains will be set, i'll do it with a volt meter to get 35 volts... for the 1250W RMS sub? Gains wont be set to full thought i'm not stupid im sure will get plenty loud

Need to find a HU which will suite all components of my set up, such as number of RCA's pre-out and stuff (Might need help, don't Know yet)

Just pick an H/U and post up what you want and we'll check.

Try to find one with subwoofer pre-amps and a pre-amp voltage of at least 4 volts.

Uhh... I'll let others comment on setting the gain. The proper way is with an oscilloscope, but those aren't easy to find.

I just do it by ear, and check w/ DMM.

Edited by nick_19

Can anyone back me up or advise me on the AA havoc sealed box size?

need a Cubic foot i should aim for so hopefully i can get it made this week or next

Thanks

Pez x

What do you think of this HU

http://looksmartpro.com/product_info.php/products_id/11521 - I like this one but says it doesnt have a CD interface -.-

or this

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/8125.html

You will be fine with stock alternator. Just get a decent sized battery with around 1000CCA available.

If you want to pick up a Q12 or 15, might want to do that in the next week or so. We will be closed for 2 wks as I'm off on Holiday. Also, our stock is running low on Qs so don't miss out or you might end up waiting 5-6 wks for the next lot to arrive.

Just a heads up :)