Pezzaboi

My Future Set-up (I Hope)

Doesn't my blue beast (Sub for my room) look so good next to my new SUB!

Thanks Fi!

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

:):):)

Edited by Pezzaboi

Right got my subby!

So, need to know some damn straight rules when wiring,

i hear of keeping power wire away from speaker wire and stuff, just need to know some stuff to be aware of,

another things is, DONT use HU EQ like bass boost obv, but say you want ur bass down for once i take it u can use it to drop your bass. or will this send ur amp wappy

pez

Don't put RCA's near power/ground wire. Other than that you're good.

Yeah... it's a good idea to stay away from bass boosts and stuff, but it's fine to use the EQ. Just be careful.

Yeah you will like that sub. I ran a Q 15 w/ BP in 4.5 cu ft tuned to 32... Sounded damn good. You should love it man.

Right so i have my Fi Q 15 with BP, just saving up for the amp,

Whilst im on the save up

Need someone to recommend some components

Two-way should be good enough yeh, a tweeter and midbass i take it?

or do i go coaxial.

:( What comps are good! i know they are your own preference but, advice

need something that wont be too hard for a beginner to get his head round,

Thanks

Anyone get back to me on those ^ ?

i'm about to buy a sundown amp pretty soon, so need just a few little opinions to help me decide!

i'm going to be runnin a 15" Q W/ Bp, so ... as i originally wanted a standard Q (Untill i got a good deal) i was going to run a SAE 1000, now i have to choose... i could run either the 1500 or 1000

i realise the 1000 will be plenty but the amp will have to work hard, obv i wont set the gains full.

if i was to get the 1500 the amp would play away nicely for this sub i take it ?

so as im hoping to run stock elecs, but will probs do the big 3. i thought the 1500 will be to much for my elecs.

just need some ideas

-------------------------------

P.S - i take it an amp will not take the same amount of power on 50% gain compared to 100% gain?

Anyone get back to me on those ^ ?

i'm about to buy a sundown amp pretty soon, so need just a few little opinions to help me decide!

i'm going to be runnin a 15" Q W/ Bp, so ... as i originally wanted a standard Q (Untill i got a good deal) i was going to run a SAE 1000, now i have to choose... i could run either the 1500 or 1000

i realise the 1000 will be plenty but the amp will have to work hard, obv i wont set the gains full.

if i was to get the 1500 the amp would play away nicely for this sub i take it ?

so as im hoping to run stock elecs, but will probs do the big 3. i thought the 1500 will be to much for my elecs.

just need some ideas

-------------------------------

P.S - i take it an amp will not take the same amount of power on 50% gain compared to 100% gain?

the amp can put out full power at any gain setting. it is senstivity, not a volume knob. :)

upgrading electrical never hurts. i thought wire was wire, til i switched from 8ga power to 4ga. big difference.

Edited by DeepSubBoy

What would you advise?

my friend has a 500 watt JL sub and is plenty for what i need, but i will just have that bit more power for when i want to go loud.

i just dont want to strain the 1000 to much, i will set the gain well i hope. just it will save a bit of dosh i suppose

Edited by Pezzaboi

What would you advise?

my friend has a 500 watt JL sub and is plenty for what i need, but i will just have that bit more power for when i want to go loud.

i just dont want to strain the 1000 to much, i will set the gain well i hope. just it will save a bit of dosh i suppose

What does your alternator put out?

Can anyone tell me some good brands of other amps!

I'm from the UK so sundown amps are possible but expensive!

also can only get 1000,1500 or 3000 ( I want the 1200 :( )

I have a Fi Q 15" D2 With BP

Get back to me thanks

cadence components are pretty good. ^ click shop up there

U'll never strain an amp unless you push it too hard.

For example, you can run a 2000 watt rms sub on a 50 watt rms amp and be absolutely fine. There is no such thing as "underpowering" that will cause damage.

You will be satisfied by a Fi Q off of 1000 watts.

I've heard plenty out of a Fi Q 15 dual 2 ohm w/ BP option off of 956 watts RMS. Sounded great and was damn loud. Hit a 143.1 (outlaw style TermLab) and a 142.2 (legal at the dash all sealed up TermLab) in 3.7 cubic feet tuned to 32 htz.

My friend had the fosgate comp sets and they sounded good IMO. Plenty for what I would want.

i'm easy mate, i'll run 1000-1500 watts to it

i just want to find a good solid deal really with out buying some chit brand

you get what you pay for ( Unless you are being scammed )

i could get a 1000 or 1500, just its like 550 pounds for the 1500 and im wondering whether i could get better for that

http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=242 - i just had a quick browse through these and noticed RF amps dont work with 1 ohm -.-

Rockford t1000bd and t1500bd are 1ohm stable, actually most of rf amps are 1ohm stable..

Edited by RobClay

Hmm sounds good! i'd say you can't go wrong with RF, what you think?

i'll browse around see what i can come up with

I have been seeing some cheap RF T1000bd amps on ebay...they will do rated power and it is 1 Ohm stable. cant go wrong with rockford, but personally i would get a sundown.

Just want to know what you guys think of Orion amps, as they are pretty damn cheap - I'm thinking the D2400 :)

Yes...Sundown ftw

Do any of these get close to sundown?

- HERTZ-EP1D

- DIAMOND-D31000.1-

- US-AMPS-MD1D

If not then i'll just have to wait abit.

would anyone recommend these? ------- > ALPINE-SPR-13S

Cheers

The US Amps is really good!

i'll tell you i have the fi q15 without bp on an saz1500d and love it.

but i think that you would be fine with an sae1000.

i don't think that iv,e ever even used close to 1000w when showing off before evryone jumps out holding ears.

for my personal music listening i know that when i,m cranking it up on my way to work i,m only using 400w-600w tops and it hurts alittle.

also my 1500d has never shown any temp change ever, no matter how hard i push it or for how long.

i didn't buy the 1500d for more power, i bought it because it is built more rugged

it also matches tho 100.4 cosmeticaly.

one more thing the saz1500d is much bigger so if room it tight look at the sae1000

now i've got to say good luck trying to have your front stage keep up