Pezzaboi

My Future Set-up (I Hope)

Cool, i'll do that, forget them budget things, i got the scrilla ;)

yeh i'll just cut or remove anyhow that glue stuff in the metal holes, then line it up

cheers

just in case you were still wondering about the gain. The purpose of the gain is to match the voltage of the HU with the amp. ""ITS NOT A VOLUME CONTROL.""

set it once and leave it where it is. If you dont have a occiliscope use a DMM then fine tune by ear. If you dont have any of the forementioned do the following.

Set your HU were you would normally have the volume knob. Now play a 40-45 hz tone and turn the gain up slowly till you hear the sub-sound changing(normally were clipping starts) then back off slightly and ....you are set. :bigclap:

Post some pics dude

Just some more photo's guys,

the holes are blocked, and i see that it is the surround that runs up to the lip. and is quite hard to cut thru so. yeh. this will not affect the sub badly will it

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

Before i go and poke and cut holes thru the surround, or is it possible to just screw through :S might pull surround in though

i have line them up with gasket!

Edited by Pezzaboi

Just poke it trough carefully and trim the excess.

What fixings (As in screws i take it) do you guys use on ya Fi sub to fix to enclosure!? and do you use any sealent on the gasket ?

some use t-nuts but wood scresw will work fine for most part of it. also no need to add anything as an gasget is already provided

hell yeah. I would kill for those amps.

US AMPS is a good company. they both do 1200@1ohm

sorry for the spam I guess guys, but I have a question about the subwoofer surrounding also. So it has the rubber covering up the holes, my btl does also. I see that people have done different things, but what is the way that works perfectly? The drilling through then using screws?

and sorry, lol, how big of screws should i use, not how long, but like how wideto make sure it holds the sub down...

anyways, this build sounds like its going to be cool, and hopefully you'll be putting up some vids when you get it done?

Erm yeh man i'll try! had the sub a while now and not had chance to see what it can do, trying to make sure i do a good job of it. gunna get a new box built

Just need to be certain on my amp, i can get a sundown but cost a bomb! in the UK i just removed the rubber so i could see clear thru and can easily fix to enclosure!

And i dno wat fixings to use yet either !

Pez :)

If the sundown's are too expensive, i say go with the Us Amps

Yeh looks like i will mate,

I've just heard that there might be some new US Amps on way :), so i'll wait a bit check them out

Which of them amps would you go for ?

Just Personal Preference, And I Love Fi, But I Would've Got The Havoc. Little Late For That, Though. (AA And Fi Are Virtually One And The Same, Same Owners And People, Scott And Nick FTW.)

US Amps Is A Distinguished Brand, Highly Revered. Does The SSA Shop Ship To The UK? I've Seen GREAT Deals On Here.

As Far As Your Car Audio Theory Is Concerned, Don't Worry, You'll Grow To Understand Things You Never Even Heard Of In No Time. (The Whole SAE-1000D At Half-Gain Makes 500 Watts RMS Thing Was A Great Laugh!)

This Has Taken You A While. It's Great You're Learning And Making Sure You Get The Best For Your Money, Most Noobs Or Even People Who Think They Have Experience Get Like 4 15" Sony Xplods And Think They're King Of The Block. The Next Step Up Is A Maxxsonics Fan. (Gasp)

Also, Don't Buy A Prefab Box, Custom Built Or Self Built Only. Just Thought I'd Throw That In.

Looking Forward To News And More Progress As Your Build Progresses, And IMO, That Q Is Gonna Rape That JL In Every Way Imaginable, I Suppose.

Even If You Do Make Rookie Mistakes, It's All Part Of The Game, Of Course, This Forum Is To Prevent That.

Keep Ya Head Up.

- Big C.

Sorry For The Thread Jack In Advance.

I'd Just Love To See That Clio Or Corsa With An SPL Build, Just For chits And Giggles. (Just A Fantasy.)

2 DC Level 5 18"s :wacky:

Here's What They Do To A Dodge Neon. Rusty And The Crew Make A Great Product.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Wow thanks for advice and stuff dude, yeh im taking my time :)

Does anybody know if SSA ship to the UK :) i could possibly get a Sundown this way :) i just think i cant remember them saying they dont :S

And im defo building another box :)

Cheers!

Do SSA ship there amps to the UK

Need a response 1200 offer runs our on 24th! my b day is 25TH :o present for my self ! :o

No Problem, That's What This Forum Is All About!

And I Think They Do Ship To The UK.

Sundown SAE-1200D <--- In GB Pound Pricing. (Only 155 Pounds, That's Pretty Damn Cheap)

If There Are Actually Any SAE-1000D's Left You Can Get Them Discount. If Not, Try For A SAZ-1000D Or SAE-1200D

Sundown's Refurb Shop Might Have Some Discounted Too, But I Don't Know How Bad Shipping Costs Would Be. Not Much, Probably.

I'd Get A SAX-100.4 Just To Round It Out On The Front Stage. (US Amps Is Good Too, But I'd Rather Go Sundown.)

As For Components For The Front Stage, Give Me Your Choices Or Give Me A Relative Budget. I Can Convert Pounds Into U.S. Dollars, So There's No Need For You To Do It For Me. I'll Try To Find Some Good Cheap Components For You, If You're On A Shoestring Budget.

- Big C.

Bump.