Pezzaboi

My Future Set-up (I Hope)

i don't think that iv,e ever even used close to 1000w when showing off before evryone jumps out holding ears.

for my personal music listening i know that when i,m cranking it up on my way to work i,m only using 400w-600w tops and it hurts alittle.

I'm curious as to how you are measuring power?

:faintthud::wackit::wackit3: ^^^^ nice vid Jason907

rms amp meter <clamp & dmm>

rms volt meter

speaker connections at amp

now when showing off i don't have meters hooked up because this is done on the fly and randome

but i'm going on how i set it up with o-scope and meters o-db tones to stay under 1000w

now i understand that maybe it went a little over 1000w on some recordings but if so not by much.

now i'm not trying to brag that i'm loud, i'm not about that and have never been on a meter.

also people jumping out of car arn't at soundoff comp they are normal people that have only ever heard brick and morter sound systems.

Well sounds good too me, i think i'd get the 1500 though cuz will give me the extra headroom!

I just need a nice front stage, not too hard for a newbie. i realise when loud might get drowned but not that bothered, when im just out and about i'll have bass down anyway!

but stock speaker will get p00ned for sure

While im on here, anyone know of like the UK verison of fisher custom boxes. i can't seem to find anyone who makes quality boxes, i have made my own sealed but it came out to 3 ^3, cuz i was lazy when checking lol and thats way to big for Q

Is anything over 2.6 ^3 Ft. defo to big for a Q 15" With BP :D

LOL! anyway this is my first box!

I have to make another, does it look ok?

bad pics because it's off my phone from work

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

What you think? Sound good?

Enlosure! - Sealed - Inch

Height - 17

Width - 25

Depth - 13

Wood Thickness - 0.75 inch MDF

Give 2.424 ^3 Volume - 0.19 Speaker Displacement = 2.234

OR!

Enlosure! - Sealed - Inch

Height - 20

Width - 28

Depth - 10

Wood Thickness - 0.75 inch MDF

Give 2.412 ^3 Volume - 0.19 Speaker Displacement = 2.222

mine is in 2.2 after disp. and it sounds like it needs a little more breathing room on the really low stuff... Personally I think 2.4-2.6 would be awesome with this sub.

Try 17 x 24 x 14 thats 2.33 after disp. and is middle of fi's recommendations

mine is in 2.2 after disp. and it sounds like it needs a little more breathing room on the really low stuff... Personally I think 2.4-2.6 would be awesome with this sub.

Try 17 x 24 x 14 thats 2.33 after disp. and is middle of fi's recommendations

no expert but it sounds about right

- HERTZ-EP1D

Cheers

Hertz / Audison amps are really nice.

Look for a used LRx 1.400. Should be able to find one easily. Just be careful about heat when using in at 1 ohm.

Okey dokey, pretty much sorted,

You may think this is nooby but, yeh

Correct me if im wrong, but if you run a 1000 Watt amp at 50% gain, i take it that means it is "roughly" producing 500 Watts?

No gain does not affect the amp like that.

If that was the case then you could turn the gain all the way down and the amp would be putting out 0 watts, but that's not how gain works.

It mostly depends on how far you have your volume turned up, part of it gains, how many volts your electrical is sustaining etc.

Thanks for telling me :)

DSC00186.jpg

Do they come like this, you just drill through i take it? just dont wanna damge the sub

This is on the surround BTW

Thanks for telling me :)

DSC00186.jpg

Do they come like this, you just drill through i take it? just dont wanna damge the sub

This is on the surround BTW

Don't drill it, cut it out. We had an ordeal where someone drilled it and the bit put extra tension when it rotated and caused a total surround failure, ie was ripper in several places. Take the gasket off and cut it.

I believe he drilled extra mounting holes to cause that. Make sure the gasket is lined up with the holes, while you have the gasket off just make sure the holes are clear.

So the plastic kinda thing around the edge needs moving untill i can see thru?

What screws you recommend using to fix it, any sealent?

Yes the rubber seal thing around the edge....., has holes in. i think the metal does too, but its filled with black glue sealent stuff

Do these need to be in line? and unblock holes?

I have a new set up now...

After seeing my friends 15" JL sub I loved it, 12 looks big but then 15 looks massive 8],

hows this sound:

1) Fi Q 15" Dual 1

2) 2 Ft. sealed

3) Sundown SAE-1000d

4) ALPINE-SPR-17C Coaxials

5) Looking for a 100.4 amp (interested in the JBL-GTO-1004e TBH)

Views on this?

Thanks

What happened to that budget? I'm building my first hi-pwr system also and learned quickly if you have a budget, you will be dissapointed at what you can get. 15" IA's are on sale till the 31'st. A good deal!

Ok take the rubber thing (called a gasket) off completely. Take a drill with a drill bit (not a screw) in it, and drill through the foam of the surround where each of the 8 mounting holes are in the metal. This is to ensure that you do not cause extra stress on the surround by just putting screws through it. Then take the gasket, and put it back on the sub making sure to line it up with the holes on it and the holes u drilled. When you drill, the holes do not have to be big, and make sure to line them up with the holes on the basket.

yeah, most of my drivers had a little bit of the surround covering the mounting holes under the gasket. never thought about what could happen, I just cut it with an exacto knife.

Cool, i'll do that, forget them budget things, i got the scrilla ;)

yeh i'll just cut or remove anyhow that glue stuff in the metal holes, then line it up

cheers