mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Saddle sore I am, wondering how much worse it will be if I go for a rip this morning.

I do have two other saddles to try as well.

I LOVE steel frames, in particular when they are built to be lighter than aluminum :)

R.I.P Texas Stadium 1971-2010 :(

texas_jpg_581301gm-a.jpg

Hope my ass allows me to go tomorrow.

I guessed a little wrong to compensate for the stem I thought was a bit long for me. Amusingly that means my stomach, hands, arms, and legs are equally tired. Coughed up 10 cartons of smokes I think too. Looking forward to getting beyond the pathetic out of shape mode. smile.gif

Hahaha! I know the feeling! Just got the mountain bike out today and now I am paying for it! Nice bike btw!

I just broke my bike out yesterday as well to ride to the gym to lift. It's so old and pathetic though, I REALLY need a new one. Both wheels have slight bends at certain points, which causes the front one to ever so slightly rub the brake once per revolution. But I can't adjust the brake width any wider because then the brake handle won't have enough travel to easily apply the brakes. Chain and gears are pretty rusty as well, had to apply some WD-40 before even attempting to take it out. Who knows how much increased resistance is aged into the thing, ha. Gets me in shape faster I guess though, right?

I guessed a little wrong to compensate for the stem I thought was a bit long for me. Amusingly that means my stomach, hands, arms, and legs are equally tired. Coughed up 10 cartons of smokes I think too. Looking forward to getting beyond the pathetic out of shape mode. smile.gif

Hahaha! I know the feeling! Just got the mountain bike out today and now I am paying for it! Nice bike btw!

I just broke my bike out yesterday as well to ride to the gym to lift. It's so old and pathetic though, I REALLY need a new one. Both wheels have slight bends at certain points, which causes the front one to ever so slightly rub the brake once per revolution. But I can't adjust the brake width any wider because then the brake handle won't have enough travel to easily apply the brakes. Chain and gears are pretty rusty as well, had to apply some WD-40 before even attempting to take it out. Who knows how much increased resistance is aged into the thing, ha. Gets me in shape faster I guess though, right?

I've got a Rockhopper here in Manhattan if you are in the neighborhood.

Not reading, catch up later. Just had to post pics so no one bitched.

p3260020.jpg

20 miles kicked my ass today. :fing34:

I used to hate putting air into tires of road bikes, the psi in those are no joke.

Super easy with a floor pump. 6 pumps to go from 50psi to 120psi. I can run up to 150, but 120 is fast enough and softens some of the potholes.

Pretty easy to true the rim better than it is then. You'll need a nipple wrench (WAY easier than without) and you can tighten the spokes away from the bend to pull the rim back into shape. If its really way out it won't get perfect, but you'll surely get it better.

Super easy with a floor pump. 6 pumps to go from 50psi to 120psi. I can run up to 150, but 120 is fast enough and softens some of the potholes.

I used to work at a bicycle shop.

we used an air compressor, wasn't time to hit it with the pump. But have a couple mountain bike tires blow up in your face at 40 psi and don't tell me you won't be a little uneasy putting a 100psi in a tire. Really gets nerving when the rims creaking and groaning. ;)

What components are on that bike Sean?

ordered some new shoes; first new pair in nearly 2 years

sandals ain't cutting it, sadly; not wearing the orthopedic insoles from the podiatrist is starting to wreak havoc on the ankle, screws, rod, etc.

*grumbles*

at least they are slip-ons...

ordered some new shoes; first new pair in nearly 2 years

sandals ain't cutting it, sadly; not wearing the orthopedic insoles from the podiatrist is starting to wreak havoc on the ankle, screws, rod, etc.

*grumbles*

at least they are slip-ons...

I just bought some new boots the other day. I don't even own sandals.

Saddle sore I am, wondering how much worse it will be if I go for a rip this morning.

I do have two other saddles to try as well.

I LOVE steel frames, in particular when they are built to be lighter than aluminum :)

boo steel.

:P

aluminum frame with carbon front forks FTW!

I used to work at a bicycle shop.

we used an air compressor, wasn't time to hit it with the pump. But have a couple mountain bike tires blow up in your face at 40 psi and don't tell me you won't be a little uneasy putting a 100psi in a tire. Really gets nerving when the rims creaking and groaning. ;)

I have a compressor that is usually aired up as well but bought a hand pump for exactly that reason ;)

5 pumps takes nearly no extra time over grabbing the hose (on a retractor), plus I won't always leave from my house and so far all I've found are those adapters you have to screw on which suck my butthole.

What components are on that bike Sean?

Everything is Ultegra except the wheels are 100% Bontrager Race Lite.

Reynolds 853 Steel frame -- ;) yes, its lighter than aluminum :)

Carbon seat post, fork, and seat frame.

Ultegra component set

Race lites

Cane creek headset

and have no idea on the bars

Ha, my bike is on the type of the wikipedia page for bicycle frame. Mines 3 years newer, but pretty sure the frame didn't change other than the colors :P

Just got back from Brennan's...if you have the means I highly recommend it...ended up eating about 8 or 9 different animals...so good...mmm

actually no, it was more like 10 different animals

Yeah, and you can pick up those cammers for cheap right now :P

you can build a brand new one if you want to :P

So this is what a NHL hockey fight knockout looks like! .... Ouch!

kaneKO_041110.jpg

Evander "The Real Deal" Kane knocking out Matt Cooke

Not reading, catch up later. Just had to post pics so no one bitched.

p3260020.jpg

20 miles kicked my ass today. :fing34:

Looks fast!

Just got back from Brennan's...if you have the means I highly recommend it...ended up eating about 8 or 9 different animals...so good...mmm

You in NO?