mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

/\ like that, but not a crappy sound bar

1_004.jpg

More like this but with bigger speaker boxes

And I live in a college town where every bit of furniture is used till all the goody has been gotten out of it.

Shit, it's the exact opposite here. All the little richies from ND just throw their stuff out. People raid the trash bins near graduation all the time. You'll find barely used electronics, bikes, furniture, clothes, shit, you name it.

Some guy (in a friendly tone) told me that you never throw away furniture (in this case a matress) in College Station because someone will pick it up to find a use out of it.

Anyone know any good cheap mattress toppers? I'm at my new apartment that has a full size bed, but I will only be here for two months and don't want to waste money on a mattress topper unless I can get a decent return on it at the end of the summer

Word. My grandmother helps out the clothing pantry her church runs and every year about this time people from Texas Tech bring over truck loads of barely used clothing left in the dorms. Not just cheap crap, either; Gucci, Prada, Versace, etc., etc., etc.

Some guy (in a friendly tone) told me that you never throw away furniture (in this case a matress) in College Station because someone will pick it up to find a use out of it.

Sounds like a good incentive to offload furniture :roflmao:

HELL BENT

HELL BENT FOR LEATHER

*air guitar*

Vicodin ftw!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

never gets old lol

never gets old lol

Nope; not even ten years later. Classic.

like this?

sharp_ht-sb500_sound_bar-540x405.jpg

surround sound bar

side note:

my mom bought my dad a 73 or somin rediculous ass sized tv for fathers day..

I think i might be stayiin over my parents for a while.

Shit i thought my 50 was big

My TV is 14" and my monitor is 15" :lol:

So hot plate and cast iron it is.

What else do I need? Oil and some spices?

Should I put the glass top on for faster cook time? Flip it only when one side is done? How do I know it's ready?

Glass top?

Still need a direction for what sort of sauce you are a fan of....

Mine is something similar.

I'll let you choose a sauce for me, maybe some of your favorite? ;)

Sorry, didn't realize glass top for the pan. LOL. Pretty much I never use lids.

I'll tell you how I choose.

Get home, pull protein out of fridge, prep sides, put protein in pan, look for flavorful liquids in fridge.

Cook protein, remove from pan, deglaze with said liquid, add seasoning, reduce, add thickener (usually butter or cream), pour over protein.

Water works, but brings no flavor therefore things like: stock (any animal is fine as long as the smell matches okay to you), red wine, white wine, beer, any combination of the above. Do be wary on beers though, they are hard to choose appropriately. And considering I mostly drink red wine we've had some funny colored sauces before. :P

I live alone so the fridge is kinda empty.

Questions:

Prep sides- do what?

Deglaze with said liquid- do what?

Reduce- do what?

Are stock cubes ok? If yes, I'll go with it.

I put some oil in the pan and cook the meat, nothing more on that part?

Should I put the glass top on for faster cook time? Flip it only when one side is done? How do I know it's ready?

Glass top?

Get home, pull protein out of fridge, prep sides, put protein in pan, look for flavorful liquids in fridge.

Cook protein, remove from pan, deglaze with said liquid, add seasoning, reduce, add thickener (usually butter or cream), pour over protein.

Water works, but brings no flavor therefore things like: stock (any animal is fine as long as the smell matches okay to you), red wine, white wine, beer, any combination of the above. Do be wary on beers though, they are hard to choose appropriately. And considering I mostly drink red wine we've had some funny colored sauces before. :P

Questions:

Prep sides- do what?

Reduce- do what?

Sorry Teo, that wasn't meant to be directions...yet. Just stating how I'd choose what I'd make. I am not one that really cooks with recipes so generally speaking I am a little concerned of giving you amounts without knowing what you'd like. :)

Nice to have a lower stress day and work out.

Glass top?

Questions:

Prep sides- do what?

Reduce- do what?

Sorry Teo, that wasn't meant to be directions...yet. Just stating how I'd choose what I'd make. I am not one that really cooks with recipes so generally speaking I am a little concerned of giving you amounts without knowing what you'd like. :)

Sean, I said whatever you like for me. Just pick something you like and give me some directions, damn it. :D

I have a good perception on what, when and how much, but need a little push. It's not like I am going to wall my car, it's food. If it tastes bad, fuck it, I'll throw it away and try again.

Tell me what you do with the meat after you have cooked it with the pan. I will follow it and if I like it, ok, good, excellent. If there is something I don't like or think it can be done differently, I'll do it my way.

Sean is saying brown the meat(skin side down) in the cast iron pan and then put it into a preheated over to cook it through untill done.

Then remove the meat from that pan and use a deglasing liquid of your choice. Stock is a good start. Then simmer it on low until the volume of the liquid reduces. Then add a thickener.

If you want help with seasoning salt and pepper are number one. If your doing chicken you could try sage/taragon.