mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I need to buy about 100 ft. of twisted 20 gauge wire (2 wires). Anyone got any ideas that I might be skipping in my head? I was hoping to get it from the place that I buy 120ohm resistors from as well

Or what about picking up 2 50 ft cat5e cords for 8 bucks? I think cat5e is 24 awg but this thing is only transferring data, which is what cat 5 is made for and the logger transfers about a 1Mb/min

I don't know where I got the idea that I needed 20 awg wire. I just used it and don't want to differ from it and screw something up

heck I turned 6 lines of cat5 into speaker cable. It's a pretty awesome little home project. Horrible to braid flat like I did.

I finished building shelves in the garage this weekend. Also got the spinkler system fired up this morning. I feel blessed to have a new house, but damn is it ALOT of work and time away from other activity's. :lookkickballs:

Don't you have a hand?

I purchased a chef's knife at a local shop the other day but it wasn't in. Well the guy called today to tell me it's in. His message was,

"hi this is Ah*le from [the local shop I got stuff from] you're ordered knife the...... mori...masa whatever is here."

LMAO. funny

my cat's breath smells like cat food

turns out the required textbook for this course I'm taking in the fall is 7 Habits...I fucking laughed my ass off...

Shadow of the New Praetorian

Tipping cows in fields Elysian

Saturnalia for all you have

The seven habits of the highly infected calf

I finished building shelves in the garage this weekend. Also got the spinkler system fired up this morning. I feel blessed to have a new house, but damn is it ALOT of work and time away from other activity's. :lookkickballs:

You have that right, but when you are finished, the feeling is great!

Well the new car is going to be late getting here.

But at least the house is slowly getting put together.

Now if I can just get my damn truck.

J

J

What did you end up doing?

Your post here reminded me that I'm going up to Idaho Falls next month, I'm trying to start on the tattoo

<-- learned to wakeboard when it was called skurfing because there was only one brand of board called a skurfer.

Hard as pucking shit to ride btw.

Two weeks ago I had never heard of wakesurfing. I now bought a boat thinking the primary thing I would do behind it is wakesurf :) Any hints on what I should look for in a board.

Do consider that I am 6'7" and 210lbs....

Boat has sacks already, and a dealer in town can set me up with another 750lbs for either side for $150 (I install)

What size shoe do you wear? If you've got huge feet you'll most likely want a wider board. What stance do you ride when you wakeboard as in binding positioning (for example left foot 12 degrees right 15 degrees)? If you duck your feet out a ton you might be able to get away with a normal width board. Generally speaking someone of your weight will want a longer board, maybe something like a 4'9". There are sizing charts available, but you'll have to decide which ones to trust. The rocker is up to you. If I were in your shoes I would look into buying used because a board of that size and width (if you needed it) is going to be EXPENSIVE. ToWanZa might have a good board for someone your size.

You should definitely look into a good pull rope for wakesurfing as well. When I learned how to do it I started on a normal wakeboard rope and when we finally got the proper rope it was much more fun. They're shorter and thicker so its easier to get to the good part of the wake. The handles are more comfy too if you're gonna be spending all day out there :)

I personally have always rode hyperlite because I get them free. Its what the store carried and that's what was given to me. They're not bad, but I suspect you can find something better for less. I've never joined one, but I think there are a few decent wakeboarding forums around that will have wakesurfing sections.

Sorry for the delayed response. That computer at work was pissing me off and I had a deadline to meet. I hope this somewhat helps you out. You're picking the right boat for it and the fat sacks are going to make it a lot of fun

<-- learned to wakeboard when it was called skurfing because there was only one brand of board called a skurfer.

Two weeks ago I had never heard of wakesurfing. I now bought a boat thinking the primary thing I would do behind it is wakesurf :) Any hints on what I should look for in a board.

Boat has sacks already, and a dealer in town can set me up with another 750lbs for either side for $150 (I install)

What size shoe do you wear? If you've got huge feet you'll most likely want a wider board. What stance do you ride when you wakeboard as in binding positioning (for example left foot 12 degrees right 15 degrees)? If you duck your feet out a ton you might be able to get away with a normal width board. Generally speaking someone of your weight will want a longer board, maybe something like a 4'9". There are sizing charts available, but you'll have to decide which ones to trust. The rocker is up to you. If I were in your shoes I would look into buying used because a board of that size and width (if you needed it) is going to be EXPENSIVE. ToWanZa might have a good board for someone your size.

You should definitely look into a good pull rope for wakesurfing as well. When I learned how to do it I started on a normal wakeboard rope and when we finally got the proper rope it was much more fun. They're shorter and thicker so its easier to get to the good part of the wake. The handles are more comfy too if you're gonna be spending all day out there :)

I personally have always rode hyperlite because I get them free. Its what the store carried and that's what was given to me. They're not bad, but I suspect you can find something better for less. I've never joined one, but I think there are a few decent wakeboarding forums around that will have wakesurfing sections.

Sorry for the delayed response. That computer at work was pissing me off and I had a deadline to meet. I hope this somewhat helps you out. You're picking the right boat for it and the fat sacks are going to make it a lot of fun

Sean is nearly 11' tall, so I'd say a size 22 shoe.

As for the research it is probably okay. The 23 LSV is Malibu's prime boat. Not their comp boat, but better for wakesurfing and many like its wake better as well. Ski's decent as well since the hull is so flat.

2004 was the first year, but the electronics were carry over so there isn't any bullshit to die. All ballast pumps are easily accessible and the motor is the proven 5.7. Indmar which isn't the quality that MC uses, but in 2004 it was hard to build a bad marine GM smallblock.

This one received full service yearly and a new transmission a year and a half ago. Full records and seems to be in stellar condition hull wise with only some dirt showing its been used on the inside. Owner bought it new, traded it into the same store on a 247 (biggest one) so I'd bet he is using it mostly for surfing as well as that boat can out wakesurf a Centurion Enzo which is the surf boat of choice atm. Means all the better to me as that says the boat has a ton of 10-12 mph time and some 22mph time and probably not a lot of WOT. Has extra racks for both types of boards which is a tell tale sign as well and the engine compartment panel was removed in one pic showing to me that he had extra ballast for surfing he took out.

Decent amps, tower speakers, nice rack, and a motor that works. No dings in the prop and all in all in good condition. Considering the next closest one I could work on in price was 20% more expensive in an uglier color its a no brainer to me. Gotta love a rich guy broker boat who is only selling barely above trade-in value :) and that negotiated on top.

It sounds pretty solid to me. I asked and got a similar answer about the motor. According to him Malibu's pretty competitive with MC. For what you're describing it sounds perfect. That's essentially what my family does and wakeboard boats have always been great for us. I don't spend much time listening to the audio system personally, but what the X-Star had last summer was pretty nice. I would imagine something like that would suffice for you.

That lake looks great BTW. Wouldn't have guessed that's Minnesnowta :P

J

What did you end up doing?

The car is a 89 Firebird Formula edition.

The truck I told them since they cannot seem to get a purcahse price figured yet on a new truck that they have until tomorrow lunch time. If I don't have a satisfactory answer by then, I want my money back. I mean the fucking bank hasn't even contacted me yet.

At this point I just don't know what to do.

J

I forgot to add a sizing guide. Did a quick search and this seems to be about right Sizing Guide. It's going to come down to personal preference, but this can at least get you started

Sean is nearly 11' tall, so I'd say a size 22 shoe.

He also shoots fire from his eyes, and lightning from his ass.

:D