mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

WTF??

J

:lurk:

It was sort of funny watching the dust fall like rain from my headliner when I first turned her up.

Mind you it's been close to a decade since I've had a sub with significant output in my own vehicle.

What made you decide to add one now? Same reason I decided to get rid of 147db of bass for a killer front stage, something different?

Shits and giggles. I got bored, needed to entertain myself. I like to atleast do something to my stereo every year, but my original plans got tossed to the wayside due to life. I've had that Brahma sitting in my closet for a few years, decided to finally put it into service and figured while I was at it I might as well build something with a little boom boom since it'd been so long. And it's sort of nostalgic, takes me back to the days when I was first getting into the hobby.

Where did you find white velocity amps? Mine were black and I've never seen white ones. I thought you were running the design refs?

Different model years. The black Velocity amps were the older models, the white are newer models. They were getting blown out a couple years ago so they were really good deals for the power and quality.

I haven't had the DR's for several years. Sold off the majority of my collection.

Anyone knowledgeable about NFL blackout rules? Is it determined at the regional level or is it up to the local station's discretion or what?

:google: :google: :google: :google: :ohnoes9: :ohnoes9: :ohnoes9::puzzled: :puzzled: :drink40: :drink40: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :mrspam: :mrspam: :mrspam: :mrspam: :mrspam::google: :google:

:google: :google: :google: :google: :ohnoes9: :ohnoes9: :ohnoes9::puzzled: :puzzled: :drink40: :drink40: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :mrspam: :mrspam: :mrspam: :mrspam: :mrspam::google: :google:

Yeah I think I just opened a can of worms on this

*continues reading*

Mickey's Diner and Sakura on Modern Marvels...now I'm hungry...

Most every puppy I have raised gets bad hiccups after eating and drinking. They tend to grow out of it after a couple months though.

Anyone knowledgeable about NFL blackout rules? Is it determined at the regional level or is it up to the local station's discretion or what?

I believe if the game is not sold out the game is blacked out within a 75 mile radius of the game. This is determined by the NFL and is part of their rules, so it cannot be changed or overruled by local stations.

Most every puppy I have raised gets bad hiccups after eating and drinking. They tend to grow out of it after a couple months though.

My bassett hound is like this. I think he eats and drinks to fast. Who knows. It doesn't seem to last long or affect him in anyway.

Lions look awesome today. They are making it hard not to believe they will make the playoffs this season. Watching the eagles/falcons right now. Go Jason babin pride of paw paw, mi.

So I've been craving sushi thanks to Ryan. I had it in the keys and only got cooked shrimp. I've never been able to taste a difference in the fish, I can tell major differences in texture but that's all. I did notice that the place I had it in the Keys had fantastic ginger, better than what I'm used to.

Tonight got a sampler from Laishley Crab House, reviews online say it's so-so at best. The wasabi is way more potent than most, about 10x stronger actually. Anyway, I got the sampler with the intention of trying the different fish and once again, I could tell no difference. I am not sure which fish is which, aside from tuna.

The run down. First I try the cooked nigiri. No idea what kind of meat it was, thought it was eel possibly from the looks of it but the texture wasn't anything like the eel i've had in the past. The meat was possibly smoked, flavor was fantastic on this but I can't really describe it with any detail. I can say I really enjoyed it.

Next, the shrimp, which was highly dissapointing, I think it was overcooked because it was quite tough, much tougher than anything else in the platter actually.

Moving on, the orange striped Nigiri, which had some of the best texture but I honestly could still tell no difference in taste between this and the other raw fish. Next was the tuna which was almost too loose. No idea how else to describe it but when I would chew it it reminded me of something that had been stretched and pulled apart (think tenderized meat but this hadn't been beaten).

The pure white nigiri on the left had fantastic texture as well, right up there with the orange striped and probably better if I could have gotten past the look of it. For some reason the pure white kind of turned me off. The pink to white nigiri was ok but nothing to report really. The upper right nigiri was the last one I tried and probably the least favorite but I think that's because I had already killed my apetite at that point. (i ate the maki rolls almost immediately, still my favorite form of sushi, and that tuna was much more firm than the nigiri piece).

and now for a couple pics...

IMG_3064.JPG

IMG_3063.JPG

btw the "salad" you can see was fucking nasty, the lettuce was wilted and it reminded me of bad kimchi. I've never had it before so I didn't know what to expect but the flavor was very "korean" don't know how else to describe it.

good lord these bastards on DIY Channel are lazy. Wood paneling on the walls? No problem, we'll just screw 1/4" drywall right over it! Brilliant!

that would never work, after a few I'd forget to take the beer out of the platter before taking a drink.

You and me both, it might work well to get 2 brews and 2 dishes of snacks from the kitchen to the living room but other than that, bad idea.

Fucker, I still haven't made it to the sushi place. Drove by this afternoon and thought about stopping, but they were packed and they're pretty slow anyways.

funny-food-photos-not-enough-hands.jpg

Change the Budweiser for Labatts or Molson Canadian and its a Buffalo, NY platter. I've seen these sold at the sports bars. Easier to carry around and still smoke a cig.

From L to right.

1/2 of a Beef on Weck

Potato Chips (should be Troyer Farms and not Wavy Lays

Medium wings from the anchor Bar

J