mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Former Formula One racer Alex Zanardi took the Paralympic gold in para-cycling earlier this week by laying down a time of 24:50.22. Para-cycling pits competitors against one another in handbike races. On taking the checkered flag, Zanardi slid from his carbon-fiber bike and hoisted it above his head with one hand in triumph. The victory underscores just how far the former race car driver has come since September 15, 2001.

Nearly 11 years ago to the day, Zanardi was competing in a CART race in Lausitz, Germany when a horrific crash saw a competitor clip across the front of his car at nearly 200 miles per hour. The impact took both his legs, and the racer lost over 70 percent of his blood before he got to the hospital. Miraculously, he survived, and while doctors cautioned of a lengthy recovery, Zanardi was walking again in months. Dissatisfied with his prosthetic legs, he designed a set of his own, and it wasn't long before he returned to auto racing in specially-modified cars.

Originally, Zanardi began hand biking to stay in shape, but slowly began competing. This week, he bested former gold medalist Oscar Sanchez for the win.

Wonder how many other racers he cut off or pushed off the track....

XQzyOrAq2E22I15orPKv5A2.jpg

Nice!!! lmfao!!

And hey, if it sucks I'll just stick to buying commercial products.

The Gemma has worked very well for me. ;)

Anyone know if True Nutrition emails tracking numbers for the shipment, or if it just shows up at the door one day--like Fi.

I believe they do, fairly quick. I'm about a week out from putting in another order.

Put one of my XCON 12's in a not so ideal enclosure a few days ago, and holy shit I'm impressed. It's only getting ~900 watts and it is damn loud. I haven't run two 12's in years and I'm excited! I can't wait until I get some time to build an enclosure for the two of them and double the power.

:woot:

I'm sure I'm late to the game, but I like the new Fi site!!

Mark had been working on it pretty heavy for a few days straight.

Wow, um not sure what I just listened to while answering emails, but yeah. :)

Unless you "need" a mobile desktop I think a laptop is silly. Tablets do 99% of what we need. And for a "disposable" price.

Laptop screens are small, and while so are tablets you cannot zoom or hold a laptop 2" from your nose.

Small laptop keyboards are aweful and more expencive than a USB one for a tab. So if you need to do word processing a tab may be a better solution.

Browsing is easier on a tab on the go. Track pads and nipples suck compared to touch screen. Tabs just do more with less hassle. And are less likely to break from a smal fall. They also can be stored and traveled with waaaaaaaay easier.

The gallexy tab II is at costco for sub 350 new with a case. In the big 10". Movies, surfing, email, and stupid fun silly games. Plus if I use the internet from my phone it is a travel machine that is second to none. I have the other galaxy, but I may give my wife the old one and get the new.

The only reason I would conside a laptop is if I NEEDED it for a class. Because I needed to run certain programs and edit them in class. Even the business world is mobing to tabs, they just work more relianly because of less practical issues.

But as I said if you need a new work station then do as needed.

I really want to agree, but I feel like I had the best possible setup (Transformer Prime w a Keyboard dock) and there were so many things that bothered the crap out of me.

1. Keyboard Size - While I got used to it, I couldn't really type much without a few major screw ups. I also had to be sure to turn off the track-pad because it was very sensitive.

2. Multitasking - The Prime couldn't handle multitasking like my old laptop still can. On the Prime I couldn't hook up a mouse and go tab opening crazy like I do on a laptop because it would probably crash. Also the time to move from one program to the next and back to the original is just slow.

3. Word/Excel alternatives - I could easily use a nice alternative, but with Word, it would likely screw up my formatting if I wanted to save it and I tried doing excel once on it and OMG nightmare.

Re-reading, I agree with what you are saying, but the difference may be right now that I'm trying to fill 2 voids with one purchase. Currently, I can not take my laptop anywhere and that has been the biggest issue. I don't currently need to be mobile as in walking around computing; I just want to be able to close it (something I can't do now), take it somewhere and open it up. I also get the advantage of better processing, and more storage.

Most of my mobile computing I can perform on my phone. Also, a 13" laptop isn't that small. I use my gf's 13" mac all the time without issue (other than the fact that I think my lesser equipped Dell is actually faster). The only other thing I would consider other than a laptop is a Nexus 7. I think it is the right size for light screen typing, reading books, couch lounging surfing. I would also love to set it up in my truck like I originally wanted to do with my Prime. However, I can see myself getting much more useful things done with a real laptop and again my phone easily fills the vehicle setup void at the moment.

I carry both. 7" tab and a laptop. My Lenovo is a s tho

Sent forma tab...on my way tone Dulles Hyatt

Sent forma tab...on my way tone Dulles Hyatt

It sounds like you do want a lap top. If you want to multi task, then you need a laptop.

Just know a laptop is more to break, more consumables, and you won't get the battery life. Finally a 13" mac is a different beast than any laptop you are going to be looking at. I love mac for many things, but you pay an intense premium. Since you are not part of the mac lifestyle I think it would be silly to go down that road unless it's what you want.

You do know my "job" this summer was analyzing people and business and getting them the right tech for the job they want right?

:-)

Honestly it comes down to this and only this, are you going to be running multiple apps when not at desk? If yes then you need a laptop.

Do you want a practical device that can go anywhere, or would you rather have something that is less user friendly but does more work? If you don't mind more problems and work arounds and you want to crunch numbers then you need a laptop.

As for the keyboard thing, well it is how I see the A/V system in a car. Look at idrive. It's a bitch when you try to use it because it's a new way of looking at things for our minds. Once you have a handle on it though, it is an upgrade.

A really really great example is the voice recognition on my phone or tab can take dictation like a fucking champ. Now that is an internet based feature, but it is amazing.

Media is a big fat hog to use on a PC, but on a tab it's like silky butter.

It is about why you are buying it. Even in my latest unemployment meeting they recommended people to buy a tablet. With it's google integration and other apps like ever note etc etc they are a better business tool than a laptop in 99% of the cases. The state has started issuing people tabs and work stations to employees who need to travel because laptops are still peaces of shit compared to a desktop, if for no other reason heat issues. So they can travel with their data on a tab, and when they get to the other office there is always a work station.

Half of all work is online based programs anyway now.....

I also just finished purchasing parts for my new PC build. I'm pretty excited to retire my server to being a server and then have a blistering speed machine.

tripple moniter here I come. And fuck you hans G for not making the high res 27.5 anymore.

Anyone know if True Nutrition emails tracking numbers for the shipment, or if it just shows up at the door one day--like Fi.

I believe they do, fairly quick. I'm about a week out from putting in another order.

Just wondered since I played my order friday at 12, and since they are so close I figured I'd get it soon. Anxious!

Also, has anyone tried their mct powder? I'm curious how it tastes.

MCT powder is kind of..... worthless. It you want to keep ketosis but still have more fuel....

It's ok if you just want extra kcal but..... a slug of Udo's oil would do you better.... or olive, or grape seed oil etc etc

I also just finished purchasing parts for my new PC build. I'm pretty excited to retire my server to being a server and then have a blistering speed machine.

spec on new pc?

MCT powder is kind of..... worthless. It you want to keep ketosis but still have more fuel....

It's ok if you just want extra kcal but..... a slug of Udo's oil would do you better.... or olive, or grape seed oil etc etc

I would be using it prior to runs, and for extra kcal throughout the day.

Hmm, I'll check the cost of Udo's oil verse the mct powder.

I have a slim appetite, and milk was doing wonders until my body said fuck that. So lately I've been drinking some whipping cream, 1440kcals, but just looking for more options. :P