mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Mike are you just replacing the HDD because you want SSD?

Or is there another reason?

I know this cool guy named Matt2 who is doing it....

One of those things I've always wanted and I assume it will make the laptop faster and more fun to use.

i used to cough untill i passed out from laghing

Not taking anything away from your mom, just saying if that brings back memories the cure is quick. Need a spaetzle dropper. I think mine was $4 from Amazon

No it is super easy. She used spoons though. Slooooooooow method.

Not taking anything away from your mom, just saying if that brings back memories the cure is quick. Need a spaetzle dropper. I think mine was $4 from Amazon

No it is super easy. She used spoons though. Slooooooooow method.

Hey, we live in MN those are dumplings!

Might be worth it but not super special. I really don't like HP though.

Lenovo and Asus are about the only brands I "trust" in the laptop world. As far as reasonable priced.

I used to be an IBM/Lenovo but my last one has been a dog. Into service twice and now the fan is shot and so is the screen. Power supply cable wore out today too, but I managed to snag one from the hotel :)

My problem is that I NEED a docking station. I don't trust the aftermarket ones yet and love just setting the pc down. Really narrows down the list. Thought about getting my Lenovo fixed and then using it only at home. Buying something else for when I travel. Be more of a synchronization bitch but in some regards it'd be healthy as it would promote the right backing up routines.

Of course if I do that it'd probably be cheaper to build a desktop than to fix my laptop. lol

Really I just need a different job and then I'll get a new pc, :D

One of those things I've always wanted and I assume it will make the laptop faster and more fun to use.

Windows will be much much faster on boot up and some apps will really love it. I was more asking if you had some 2tb platter or something already lol. I figured it was for SSD but I didn't want to assume.

The one thing I know is that the room mates machine was definately bound by HDD for games and it is now quick on his machine since he moved to SSD. I cannot wait to see how fast it will be striped

I also know when I sleep he will be molestering my system. He may be more excited to build this rig than I am to have it be mine. I didn't go balls to the walls on processor or mobo but I think it will still be nice. I also hope the 660s in SLI will out perform a single similar priced 680. Having 3GB of memory/card will probably be the winner for 3 screens over 4GB on one card. And I dont think the 4gb 680 is as cheep as 2 660's. If the i5 is the limiting factor I will just OC the fuck out of it. I could go through 4-5 sets of MOBO and i5s for the cost of an i7..... especially if I would have gone with the 2011 socket. Hyperthreaded 6 core so 12 logic cores would be cool..... but it would not have real PCI express 3 and almost no real games or apps care about that many logic cores..... Aaron would like it on the boinc team but dats about it.

And the next gen processors and MoBO will probably catch up with PCI express3. Even with ivy bridge it is a questionable work in process.

Of course if I do that it'd probably be cheaper to build a desktop than to fix my laptop. lol

Cheeper, run better, more options, reliable, servicable..... desktop > all other options.

You could have a dual moniter rig that could handle media and even any game out there on not max settings for under 500 bucks. And that is including case. Not including monitor.... you already are on the hans G tip though.

:#)

Really I just need a different job and then I'll get a new pc, :D

I almost went 6 display so I could pretend to be an investment banker!

Lol

:-)

Then I thought.... that would be cheating, I can do better than those shmuks with 3, with 6 I may have to relocate Warren

Windows will be much much faster on boot up and some apps will really love it. I was more asking if you had some 2tb platter or something already lol. I figured it was for SSD but I didn't want to assume.

The one thing I know is that the room mates machine was definately bound by HDD for games and it is now quick on his machine since he moved to SSD. I cannot wait to see how fast it will be striped

I also know when I sleep he will be molestering my system. He may be more excited to build this rig than I am to have it be mine. I didn't go balls to the walls on processor or mobo but I think it will still be nice. I also hope the 660s in SLI will out perform a single similar priced 680. Having 3GB of memory/card will probably be the winner for 3 screens over 4GB on one card. And I dont think the 4gb 680 is as cheep as 2 660's. If the i5 is the limiting factor I will just OC the fuck out of it. I could go through 4-5 sets of MOBO and i5s for the cost of an i7..... especially if I would have gone with the 2011 socket. Hyperthreaded 6 core so 12 logic cores would be cool..... but it would not have real PCI express 3 and almost no real games or apps care about that many logic cores..... Aaron would like it on the boinc team but dats about it.

And the next gen processors and MoBO will probably catch up with PCI express3. Even with ivy bridge it is a questionable work in process.

My laptop boot speed changes by about 1-2 seconds switching to an SSD. If I could have I would have bought it with a normal HDD, but that one came with a shittier screen.

My home pc difference was somewhat similar. Faster yes, but not really noticeable.

Cheeper, run better, more options, reliable, servicable..... desktop > all other options.

You could have a dual moniter rig that could handle media and even any game out there on not max settings for under 500 bucks. And that is including case. Not including monitor.... you already are on the hans G tip though.

:#)

And it's bigger. Of course I have a desktop that can handle the task, but it's for other uses.

This dualing Monday night game shit sucks balls

Only 1-2 seconds faster on the home machine Sean?????? WTF. What size SSD and what memory controler? Maybe it was an early smaller one with a lame duck for a memory controller. I have seen cases where one processor would overclock like a champ and one would never stablize. Same mobo etc etc. Just like LEDs and how they get binned. Some rock some blow ass.

In laptops shit never speeds up THAT much. Heat can't go anywhere. I hate laptops. Necessary evil for you I am sure though. I am also biased. Even on a 17" with big keyboard, can you see me hunched over pulling MY shoulders in to work it?

Fuck that. I would almost rather pack a full rig..... almost.

It is small, but no lame controller. Either way it boots in the time it takes me to walk up the stairs. When it was an HDD I could walk up the stairs and sit down. Go from up the stairs to the up the stairs sitting down. Obviously not an issue either way, in particular when I leave it on all the time.

and wtf?? New halftime show sucks ass too :( And to think I stayed up for it. Where the fuck are the highlights? Haven't they realized that people watch football mostly because they play fantasy and highlights are the whole fucking interest?

In laptops shit never speeds up THAT much. Heat can't go anywhere. I hate laptops. Necessary evil for you I am sure though. I am also biased. Even on a 17" with big keyboard, can you see me hunched over pulling MY shoulders in to work it?

Yep, home machine with HDD was faster than laptop with SSD.

Exactly why I don't get why the goal to replace the HDD in a lappy and asked.

My house smells so amazing. Fresh air, herbaceous chicken broth simmering, lamb leg with garlic rosmary and a little lemon just out of the oven.

Epic.

The goose pot is getting a damn work out though which means I am getting a work out.

Many times I've thought about switching mine the other way. :P

Lack of storage sucks.