mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

that'll run things nicely. liquid cooling is really sweet!

jealous how cheap ssd's are now. i have two 80gig intel's in raid 0. plenty of room for any game that actually would benefit from faster load times. i need to reconfigure my storage drives, currently i have a pair of 1tb in raid 1. I'm planning to get a external hdd and back everything up.

Mike are you just replacing the HDD because you want SSD?

Or is there another reason?

I know this cool guy named Matt2 who is doing it....

One of those things I've always wanted and I assume it will make the laptop faster and more fun to use.

Windows will be much much faster on boot up and some apps will really love it. I was more asking if you had some 2tb platter or something already lol. I figured it was for SSD but I didn't want to assume.

The one thing I know is that the room mates machine was definately bound by HDD for games and it is now quick on his machine since he moved to SSD. I cannot wait to see how fast it will be striped

I also know when I sleep he will be molestering my system. He may be more excited to build this rig than I am to have it be mine. I didn't go balls to the walls on processor or mobo but I think it will still be nice. I also hope the 660s in SLI will out perform a single similar priced 680. Having 3GB of memory/card will probably be the winner for 3 screens over 4GB on one card. And I dont think the 4gb 680 is as cheep as 2 660's. If the i5 is the limiting factor I will just OC the fuck out of it. I could go through 4-5 sets of MOBO and i5s for the cost of an i7..... especially if I would have gone with the 2011 socket. Hyperthreaded 6 core so 12 logic cores would be cool..... but it would not have real PCI express 3 and almost no real games or apps care about that many logic cores..... Aaron would like it on the boinc team but dats about it.

And the next gen processors and MoBO will probably catch up with PCI express3. Even with ivy bridge it is a questionable work in process.

I haven't followed the new cards too closely but if the 680 is roughly the same price as two 660's why not get the 680 and add a second down the road?

I occasionally get "floaters" in my vision for about thirty minutes. Goes away, then fifteen minutes later I get a migraine that lasts the entire day. Only thing I can do is sleep it off.

Thinking about it now, I use to get it about once a month, but I haven't had one for probably four months.

Imagine seeing some cells under a microscope, then overlay that on top of your vision, and the outer edge of vision is hard to focus on. I'm presuming it's from pressure on the eyes?

Migraines are caused by a chemical released when blood pressure rises in the brain. Not pressure. I am a sufferer of migraines and even worse cluster or suicide headaches.

You might suffer from ocular migraines. You may want to research that a bit ;)

And thanks! I went to Best Buy this morning and checked out their laptops. I really thought the Samsung and Asus devices were the nicest with Lenovo coming in 3rd. All the Toshibas were meh, and I wasn't feeling the HP's or Dells (mostly their looks)

I was surprised though that some of the laptops there had 3rd gen i5's and weren't too expensive (still out of my current range). Also, I'm starting to notice that it is likely I can get the same or slightly better 15" for the same price as a 13". However, I really prefer the 13" (no homo).

I've been looking at the asus and acer as they have tons of choices in the small price bracket of 400ish, but have yet to check eithers reliability for hardware.

I have nothing but Asus in my house, all total 4 laptops.

About 3 or 4 years ago a friend tipped me off they were going to be one of the best under their name. He works for one of the largest import/export companies in Asia.

Love our ASUS rigs. Really great prices for powerful machines, and reliable for us. We have 3 in our house, and one I carry everywhere. The carry all spends half it's life in a shop, so it is treated very harshly... works like a damn champ.

Shit. Sorry if the text was too late. I didnt see the time.

:-(

Hope I didnt piss off the W!

Ha, I am in the Dulles Hyatt so the W ain't here. Of course if your phone is on my response came at a bad time as well...

:Doh:

Mike are you just replacing the HDD because you want SSD?

Or is there another reason?

I know this cool guy named Matt2 who is doing it....

One of those things I've always wanted and I assume it will make the laptop faster and more fun to use.

Windows will be much much faster on boot up and some apps will really love it. I was more asking if you had some 2tb platter or something already lol. I figured it was for SSD but I didn't want to assume.

The one thing I know is that the room mates machine was definately bound by HDD for games and it is now quick on his machine since he moved to SSD. I cannot wait to see how fast it will be striped

I also know when I sleep he will be molestering my system. He may be more excited to build this rig than I am to have it be mine. I didn't go balls to the walls on processor or mobo but I think it will still be nice. I also hope the 660s in SLI will out perform a single similar priced 680. Having 3GB of memory/card will probably be the winner for 3 screens over 4GB on one card. And I dont think the 4gb 680 is as cheep as 2 660's. If the i5 is the limiting factor I will just OC the fuck out of it. I could go through 4-5 sets of MOBO and i5s for the cost of an i7..... especially if I would have gone with the 2011 socket. Hyperthreaded 6 core so 12 logic cores would be cool..... but it would not have real PCI express 3 and almost no real games or apps care about that many logic cores..... Aaron would like it on the boinc team but dats about it.

And the next gen processors and MoBO will probably catch up with PCI express3. Even with ivy bridge it is a questionable work in process.

I haven't followed the new cards too closely but if the 680 is roughly the same price as two 660's why not get the 680 and add a second down the road?

Two of the top 660s are about the cost of one mid to top 680. At least on the day I made my purchase.

Shit. Sorry if the text was too late. I didnt see the time.

:-(

Hope I didnt piss off the W!

Ha, I am in the Dulles Hyatt so the W ain't here. Of course if your phone is on my response came at a bad time as well...

:Doh:

She is up for work, and I am never in bed until I turn the sound off and am ready to crash. I was up until 4:00. On and off. Going to nap this morning and the get those word docs to you as I start "canning" the broth.

I occasionally get "floaters" in my vision for about thirty minutes. Goes away, then fifteen minutes later I get a migraine that lasts the entire day. Only thing I can do is sleep it off.

Thinking about it now, I use to get it about once a month, but I haven't had one for probably four months.

Imagine seeing some cells under a microscope, then overlay that on top of your vision, and the outer edge of vision is hard to focus on. I'm presuming it's from pressure on the eyes?

Migraines are caused by a chemical released when blood pressure rises in the brain. Not pressure. I am a sufferer of migraines and even worse cluster or suicide headaches.

You might suffer from ocular migraines. You may want to research that a bit ;)

Oh god. Cluster headaches. I had those when I was younger. One week I had them every morning at about 3:20am.

You start thinking it is a good idea to slam your head into concrete, or maybe swallow the business end of a shotgun. You don't want to kill yourself, but the pain is so intense that removing your head sounds like a reasonable way to stop the pain. It is a weird thing.

I feel for you if you still get them. Does anything work? Imatrex helps me sleep when I get migraines but NOTHING stopped the cluster headaches.

Internets say narcotics don't help., I am going to pray a little for us both man. For you to have them go away and for me to never get them again.

Just reading about them brought me back to waking up from sleep, and pacing and kneeling pushing my head against the floor. I was so young and doctors didn't talk about them.... I have never had any real pain in my life, but I cannot imagine anything being much worse. It is such an acute pain, and unlike a migraine that makes me drowsy, clusters woke me up and stimulate me so I could be especially aware.

I habe never met someone else directly who has them or got them. Mine were bilateral, and when it was over I was so exhausted my GF, now wife, would find me where ever it is I colapsed on the basement floor just passed out sleeping. So much energy burned up coping and pacing.

Migraines are like spring break in comparison. It is too bad I usually throw up with them or else I could maybe even function through them.

I started getting migraines and went to the doctor and they gave me some meds. I looked at them and thought, I don't want to take meds. Luckily I stepped back, took a look at my life and realized the issue was stress and boom within a week they were gone. Mine would originate in certain areas and would be a dull pain all day that would slow me down (adding to the stress) and advil wouldn't touch it.

You might suffer from ocular migraines. You may want to research that a bit wink.png

That sounds right.

Thankfully for whatever reason I haven't had one in the longest time, perhaps its my diet change. :shrugs:

I know before I would get them after riding the dirt bike, whether it be 60F outside, or 110F, whether I drank a ton of water, or drank little.

Today is going to be one hell of a day. One I am really not looking forward to.

J

True Nutrition has quite the CS. Sent them an email last night, and they answered at 7:26am. Apparently they are running a little behind from Labor day.

True Nutrition has quite the CS. Sent them an email last night, and they answered at 7:26am. Apparently they are running a little behind from Labor day.

Not a shocker. Glad you got a response that you are pleased with, and in a prompt time.

J

Ravens. :)

Not a shocker. Glad you got a response that you are pleased with, and in a prompt time.

J

Yep. Just wanted to make sure they were still shipping it cause of that BS recall they had to do on whey.

J

Yep. Just wanted to make sure they were still shipping it cause of that BS recall they had to do on whey.

When a recall such as that occurs,they are able to change the label for all current and future shipments to the consumer. It eliminated having to return literally tons of supplies for a simple relabeling.

J

If I got eibach stiffer springs for the Volvo, would I need to change the struts as well? Im presuming the eibachs will also be a little lower.

That sounds right.

Thankfully for whatever reason I haven't had one in the longest time, perhaps its my diet change. :shrugs:

I know before I would get them after riding the dirt bike, whether it be 60F outside, or 110F, whether I drank a ton of water, or drank little.

That reminds me when I am doing any watersport (tubing skiing, wakeboarding, etc...) and I fall for the first time I always get a terrible headache. The last time it happened I was tubing and fell off on purpose so I know I fell into the water gracefully but I still got a head ache.

About 15 min and a beer usually clears it up. Though I'm not sure if the beer is required. :)

If I got eibach stiffer springs for the Volvo, would I need to change the struts as well? Im presuming the eibachs will also be a little lower.

Ideally, yes, but not of the utmost importance.

Ideally, yes, but not of the utmost importance.

Figured as much. I think bilstein has some decent ones that don't cost an arm and a leg.

9daf7167.jpg

I love the way my car rides on Eibachs and Tokico Illuminas. I would do the struts too but that's just me.