mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

speaking of, which size braiser do you have in your Le Creuset set?

I am going back and forth between the 3.5 and 2.25 although I am going to use it for Sukiyaki and Shabu Shabu, not so much for braising. At least not regularly.

Exactly why I don't get why the goal to replace the HDD in a lappy and asked.

It actually might be a significant power savings VS spinning a platter and it won't add heat to the mess.

Aside from those theoretical bonuses, it might be less likely to loose data in a fall. But as you just mentioned, laptops should be backed up.

Even my new gaming rig won't hold media. Basically nothing I cannot re download. I am building this thing to be blazing fast and replaceable. The server with a couple mirrored drives will hold alllll the things I care about.

Yes.

Lol

We have the large oval the small circle and the medium circle and now the bonkers goose pot. I got that bitch for cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep in Albertville. Coupons 30% off, floor model "miss matched" red roaster with red lid.... how it was miss matched....

Anyway, it was on the dirt.

I can look up the quart size for you. I just dont remember.

I'm afraid the 3.5 will require too much liquid so it'll be diluted and might have hot spots on a cheap countertop induction burner. The 2.25 I am afraid might be too small.

I am going back and forth between the 3.5 and 2.25 although I am going to use it for Sukiyaki and Shabu Shabu, not so much for braising. At least not regularly.

For sukiyaki 2.25 will probably do it..... but I like having extra room.

We progressively moved up and up untill the goose pot. When I make red pasta sauce I can just do one batch now. And all in one pot. Brown, then pull the brown into the sauce with vegis and simmer. No fuss. 2 butts and a shit load of maters.

Also... thanks to your other suggestion on the vitamix I will tripple my processing speed. Maybe faster.

:-)

Moral of the story, if you know the general size, the larger one is usually a better bet.

Exactly why I don't get why the goal to replace the HDD in a lappy and asked.

It actually might be a significant power savings VS spinning a platter and it won't add heat to the mess.

Aside from those theoretical bonuses, it might be less likely to loose data in a fall. But as you just mentioned, laptops should be backed up.

Even my new gaming rig won't hold media. Basically nothing I cannot re download. I am building this thing to be blazing fast and replaceable. The server with a couple mirrored drives will hold alllll the things I care about.

I am mostly referring to the MK lappie discussion. Not so sure on the power savings being that big of a deal these days for most tasks and while the non-spinning is a bonus I actually don't know of anyone whose had a fatal crash upon a fall. May definitely add up, but just saying.

I wanted to see Spiller go buck

He's on my bench smile.png

Mine too, has been since last year. Dynasty keeper. I'd like to see him play!

We progressively moved up and up untill the goose pot. When I make red pasta sauce I can just do one batch now. And all in one pot. Brown, then pull the brown into the sauce with vegis and simmer. No fuss. 2 butts and a shit load of maters.

Also... thanks to your other suggestion on the vitamix I will tripple my processing speed. Maybe faster.

Moral of the story, if you know the general size, the larger one is usually a better bet.

If the broth depth has to be too high then it's watered down.

If the burner center hot spot doesn't warm the whole pan mostly evenly then it fails.

Otherwise I'd already have the bigger one. TJ Maxx has the 30cm lid braiser for $120 right now and even on clearance at the outlet it is more. Curious on the coupon you referred to though...

Yes.

Lol

We have the large oval the small circle and the medium circle and now the bonkers goose pot. I got that bitch for cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep in Albertville. Coupons 30% off, floor model "miss matched" red roaster with red lid.... how it was miss matched....

They make a 1.5 qt too. Uber teeny

I'm afraid the 3.5 will require too much liquid so it'll be diluted and might have hot spots on a cheap countertop induction burner. The 2.25 I am afraid might be too small.

I made my miso in the 3.5 and it had a healthy lip for the 2.5 quarts of soup.

I would think induction would be ok. It should make all the cast heat evenly right? My burner is not as even as I like but I make due..... if I can somehow brown meat in a large dutch on gas I bet you will be ok in a medium pot with induction.

If the broth depth has to be too high then it's watered down.

If the burner center hot spot doesn't warm the whole pan mostly evenly then it fails.

Otherwise I'd already have the bigger one. TJ Maxx has the 30cm lid braiser for $120 right now and even on clearance at the outlet it is more. Curious on the coupon you referred to though...

Complete fluke. Wife went to the outlet for a 30% off at coach. Well the la creuset was doing some one day only BS too. I tried to get ahold of you, but at the time I didnt even have your number. I walked the mall and then told the wife we are going back. It was cheeper after tax than anything I found online, and no shipping. And when I walked back in I got tax plus some shaved off.

Complete accident.

Will a single Liter of liquid look so lonely I can't swish meat in it?

I suppose I could buy it and if it doesn't work return it. :P

An accident I'll never find. Their yearly sale is on right now so I stopped in.

GOD I FUCKING HATE THAT MALL.

Only clearing out their 2nd's which are mostly fine, but I don't want the fucking green

TJ has one in black. That is acceptable. I'd prefer red though.

Yes.

Lol

They make a 1.5 qt too. Uber teeny

Sounds like the cup I fill at the sperm bank.

;-)

Next time I see some sick deal I will just get it. And yes, green would piss me off too.

Especially since I commited to red now.

Whooo hoo.......Monday is almost done.

J

Shit. Sorry if the text was too late. I didnt see the time.

:-(

Hope I didnt piss off the W!

1/8th of am inch of beef broth I made on the bottom made it juuust right for moisture and the lemon squeezed on top was divine.

Best leg of lamb I have ever made. I didn't make any sides though. Gnocchi another night.

It needed caramelized carrots. I had already used all of it in the chicken broth though oh well.