mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

desk.JPG

Thinking of two small enclosures where the current speakers are, with bases going behind the desk. Something like this:

towa.jpg

Then I'll have to move my screen so it doesn't block the left side.

Good idea, bad idea?

Haven't looked into drivers yet. A little vertical array of TB fullrangers would be sweet, but if I could buy a mid + tweet per side for less $$$, and have similar output then perhaps that would be the better route.

Likely going to use one of those small 120v to 12vdc amps from PE, and another minidsp for processing.

I like her raised eyebrow.

Her face has the slightest hint of worrisome.

I should probably start a thread, but eh.

desk.JPG

Thinking of two small enclosures where the current speakers are, with bases going behind the desk. Something like this:

towa.jpg

Good idea, bad idea?

Haven't looked into drivers yet. A little vertical array of TB fullrangers would be sweet, but if I could buy a mid + tweet per side for less $$$, and have similar output then perhaps that would be the better route.

Likely going to use one of those small 120v to 12vdc amps from PE, and another minidsp for processing.

Why not just a "bookshelf"?

I have a single TB full range for my nearfield monitors and I think you'd SHIT if you heard them. Fucking awesome. Soon an IXL 12 will mate up with them as I have a 500w Bash amp sitting unused.

Although mine soon might also have a miniDSP, but only because it's about the cheapest volume knob I can find. Lol

desk.JPG

towa.jpg

Good idea, bad idea?

I have a single TB full range for my nearfield monitors and I think you'd SHIT if you heard them. Fucking awesome. Soon an IXL 12 will mate up with them as I have a 500w Bash amp sitting unused.

I figure I don't have that much space on my desk to put the enclosures, where as the base behind the desk would let me use the depth above the desk + the depth behind it to the wall.

Otherwise I'd have like 3.5" of depth to work with, and if i bumped them, they would fall over super easily.

Although mine soon might also have a miniDSP, but only because it's about the cheapest volume knob I can find. Lol

That's terrible. :lol:

one thing is I don't blast music in my room verse the car, so I don't need a ton of output. I could always try a pair, and if need be, order two more.

IIRC your using the titanium cones, but they don't carry the metal cone stigma? then there's one or two types of the bamboo!

desk.JPG

towa.jpg

Good idea, bad idea?

I figure I don't have that much space on my desk to put the enclosures, where as the base behind the desk would let me use the depth above the desk + the depth behind it to the wall.

Otherwise I'd have like 3.5" of depth to work with, and if i bumped them, they would fall over super easily.

Hang them on the wall?

That's terrible. laugh.png

one thing is I don't blast music in my room verse the car, so I don't need a ton of output. I could always try a pair, and if need be, order two more.

IIRC your using the titanium cones, but they don't carry the metal cone stigma? then there's one or two types of the bamboo!

The stigma is a farce. Not saying it isn't exposed in cheap POS's. They are ULTRA natural. And you won't need two. WAY more than I ever use. :)

:Doh:

drywall anchors should hold it no biggie.

The stigma is a farce. Not saying it isn't exposed in cheap POS's. They are ULTRA natural. And you won't need two. WAY more than I ever use. smile.png

Just something long engrained in the head, and haven't disposed of. Hell my exodus are metal, and do not sound harsh at all.

W4-1337SD neo

W4-1337SDF ferrite.

Any particular fr differences? Ferrite cheaper.

The stigma is a farce. Not saying it isn't exposed in cheap POS's. They are ULTRA natural. And you won't need two. WAY more than I ever use. smile.png

Just something long engrained in the head, and haven't disposed of. Hell my exodus are metal, and do not sound harsh at all.

And the W4's sound WAY better

I've hung way heavier shit on the wall

I remember reading some pamphlet somewhere for different anchors, and some were rated for ridiculous amounts considering it's "just" drywall.

I've got some 75lb anchors. Cheap from Home Depot.

I've hung way heavier shit on the wall

:stfu:

A picture of an old mirror won't be so exciting, lol. Other shit too, although can't think of other really heavy stuff. I've used about 10 boxes of the anchors though :P

A picture of an old mirror won't be so exciting, lol. Other shit too, although can't think of other really heavy stuff. I've used about 10 boxes of the anchors though tongue.png

He just glanced, and read that as: " I'm hung."

As soom as I get my desk set up the old integra is going on it. Hopefully it will work for the headphones and I will make some book shelfs too.

:-)

Napped and cooked all day.

I am beat though. Not going to be until 4 am last night killed me. My sleep cycle is completely fucked.....

Napped and cooked all day.

I am beat though. Not going to be until 4 am last night killed me. My sleep cycle is completely fucked.....

I have a friend who took a year break off from school, and would wake up at 2pm, and go to bed at 6am. At night he would run, and do all the shit normal people would do during the day only it wouldn't be 100F outside.

Talk about a fucked up sleep cycle, and he just started class. laugh.png

Edited by stefanhinote

I just found ice cream in the freezer!