mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Spent half the afternoon cleaning up a scrap yard with the backhoe. Double the regular pay :woot:

Alright Matt2, Stefan here is what I've come up with.

Lenovo IdeaPad Z370 13" - 2nd gen i5, 4gb memory, intergrated graphics, 4.4 lbs, $420

Asus U36E-RAL7 14" - 2nd gen i7, 8gb memory, integrated graphics, 4.94 lbs, $500

Asus U36SD 13" - 2nd gen i5, 4 gb memory, NVIDIA GT520M, 3.66 lbs, $575 (no optical drive, but no big deal)

The first is my "original". It's the cheapest, doesn't look as good, but a solid all around performer

The second is great with the i7 and memory, Its just got a bigger screen and more weight

I love the last one because it is lighter, looks the best, has it's own graphics card and is the lightest, but of course it is more expensive. I can also just drop another 4gb stick to get to 8gb and it also has a huge battery.

Do you want to play ANY games?

I would never go without an optical drive..... but if you have a desktop, then maybe you can network those as a pretend optical.

What are the HDs on them? I like SSD if you are not going to store a lot of media. More than a GFX card or ram it will speed up your OS and apps.

In the past year I haven't used my optical drive once.

Every laptop my wife has had or roommate has had has pooped and needed to disk boot at peasantry once.

Just my experience though.

For what I'd be using it for, a laptop is needed. I also read that using ssd hard drives can cut back on power consumption, but that's something I still have to research to see if the extra cost is worth it.

SSD is faster and uses less power since it has no moving parts.

And can't store shit. Only use for SSD in a pc to me is for a boot drive and even then I am not 100% sold.

Im sold for gaming and OS. And that is the only reason for me.

Lenovo IdeaPad Z370 13" - 2nd gen i5, 4gb memory, intergrated graphics, 4.4 lbs, $420

Asus U36E-RAL7 14" - 2nd gen i7, 8gb memory, integrated graphics, 4.94 lbs, $500

Asus U36SD 13" - 2nd gen i5, 4 gb memory, NVIDIA GT520M, 3.66 lbs, $575 (no optical drive, but no big deal)

The first is my "original". It's the cheapest, doesn't look as good, but a solid all around performer

The second is great with the i7 and memory, Its just got a bigger screen and more weight

I love the last one because it is lighter, looks the best, has it's own graphics card and is the lightest, but of course it is more expensive. I can also just drop another 4gb stick to get to 8gb and it also has a huge battery.

I would never go without an optical drive..... but if you have a desktop, then maybe you can network those as a pretend optical.

What are the HDs on them? I like SSD if you are not going to store a lot of media. More than a GFX card or ram it will speed up your OS and apps.

Is the "any games" comment directed at the graphics processing? If so the only game I've been playing is League of Legends. I am able to play it on my current laptop on lower levels at 29 fps; would make a real gamer cringe I'm sure, but it works for me.

I once opened my optical drive and thought, "oh shit, here is the CD for that game I played a year ago!"

The other two have a 640 and 750gb 5400rpm drives that I will plan on removing about a month after I get the laptop.

Hmmmmm. Well, I would just get the cheepest and then replace the HD. I don't think SSD is as "reliable" the same way a platter drives are but I would say that before your SSD burns out, you will have a different lap top.

Thanks, there is actually a cheaper one that is listed for $430 with a 500gb drive. I'm thinking of offering a lower price for it and then replacing that drive.

Mike are you just replacing the HDD because you want SSD?

Or is there another reason?

Leg of lamb and gnocchi tonight. I already started prep...... sucks. Wife won't be home for dinner and room mate won't be home until midnight.

And recipe suggestions?

Days like today I wish I smoked pot. I just need to relax and CANNOT kick this tension headache.

Got a reply back from Rock's saying they are shipping out a new power supply today. Damn. :blink:

Days like today I wish I smoked pot. I just need to relax and CANNOT kick this tension headache.

I had a three hour class of chem going over the most basic shit today, and I felt like I had adhd sitting there doing nothing.

That would have been nice.

boom!

Correction... migraine.

:-(

06509401.jpg

Does anyone else get headaches from coughing/choking? Like whe something goes down the wrong tube?

I was trying to be slick and steal some of the wifes chocolate cake. And it went into the lung. My BP went through the roof and caused a headache so big it crossed my eyes.

It always happens when I cough really hard from something in the wrong tube. Just usually not this bad.

Tfd34.gif Edited by Julian

And no joke I am sitting on that exact sofa :roflmao:

In the past year I haven't used my optical drive once.

Every laptop my wife has had or roommate has had has pooped and needed to disk boot at peasantry once.

Just my experience though.

Ah, save an image to a usb stick :)