mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Just visiting...it was restored and opened for tourists this summer. Years ago you could visit it but it was in bad shape.

We (me and dad) pass next to the salt mine every other weekend, when we go to the country house. Thanks to a good friend I found a bit of time and we decided to check it out. People from all over the country and even foreigners come to visit it.

Needless to say, I'll be visiting again. And with a better camera.

31 worthy pics uploading, hurry up photobucket.

Going to make some weisswurst and pretzels for dinner me thinks.

First shot making croissants last night.

Didn't proof them enough so they didn't quite rise as much as I'd like. Could have baked a little more too, but I of course ignored all directions and used the convection and changed the settings. Next time I'll have them nailed though.

Oh, the funny ones on the bottom I rolled some chocolate in. Not pain au chocolate as I cut them normal first, but same basic thing. :fing34:

20110102192247763.jpg

And yep, the bottom left one unrolled pre-baking but I left it anyway. Chocolate sort of oozed out of the bottom of each of those as well, which explains why the French roll chocolate filled ones differently.

2nd batch can go up on HT.net

3 cups of flour to 1lb of butter, lol.

Croissants look delicious.

Had some chocolate ones downtown today :P

Adrian, turn on M1 asap before the countdown is over!

they look good to me Sean. I've never even tried to make them before.

I have not had to shift since April. I liked it at first, but now I find myself wanting more control.

Paddles ftw.

I would love that simply for the fact that it would mean I would be driving an Italian or Malaysian work of art, but I would really prefer to bang a shifter through it's gates.

Speaking of shifting, what do you think about Hurst short shift kits ? I'm tempted to get one for the Jeep...boat rowing isn't my hobby. Do they have any parts that can wear fast ?

I don't know about the Jeep kits. All I know about is Mustang kits. My dad is old school and uses only Hurst shifters. All his Mustangs have Hurst shifters. I've never had any issues with them and they improve the notchiness of a stock shifter, but there are other shifters for Mustangs I would choose first.

I love croissants too, my wife and Sean even more so. We buy the big box from costco and they are gone in a weekend.

Sean, maybe you can give me a clue. I don't know anyone who has spent time eating in Japan as you have. When it comes to sake why is some served warm and some cold?

What I have been told is that the lesser quality is served warm/hot, and the better sake is served cold to accentuate it's delicate flavors.

It's the opposite of beer, and thus wondered if it was smoke directly up my rear of if there is something too it. Not that I like all beed that I think is good warm. Some I love cold... anyway just wondering on your experiences.

Finaly replacing widows vista with ubuntu.

:drink40:

I replaced XP with Ubuntu. Then I got windows 7 and it does everything I wanted out of both operating systems.

SO I have been playing GT5.

Awesome game. My wife even played the b spec mode for a couple hours. She liked listening to the Black Horse go around the track. She didn't however like loosing a race, lol.

If she can't dominate without contest I don't think she will play again lol.

That game makes me feel 15 years old, and just amazed all over again.

My friend got it with the steering wheel, pedal and 6-speed shifter. Force feedback wheel = Oh eMm GeE BuBbLeGum. Drove a Pagani with no assisted anything and it was just insane...

Making some homemade pizza with the gf tonight. I'm sure I'll be asking for advice for next time (hint hint HAF cooking corner)

Sean, maybe you can give me a clue. I don't know anyone who has spent time eating in Japan as you have. When it comes to sake why is some served warm and some cold?

What I have been told is that the lesser quality is served warm/hot, and the better sake is served cold to accentuate it's delicate flavors.

It's the opposite of beer, and thus wondered if it was smoke directly up my rear of if there is something too it. Not that I like all beed that I think is good warm. Some I love cold... anyway just wondering on your experiences.

I am not a sake nut, but for low quality ones they must be heated. The others they match to the food or task at hand from ice cold to ultra hot and everywhere in between.

Making some homemade pizza with the gf tonight. I'm sure I'll be asking for advice for next time (hint hint HAF cooking corner)

I threw my dough recipe up somewhere, was it not there?

Biggest hint I can give you is to make the dough the night before and allow a shit ton of time for it to warm up....part of the reason I bought ovens with 80F proof settings as I love me some real neopolitan pizza.

You have a mixer now too don't you?

One other quick FYI. I knead my pizza dough to hell and back. A good 15min on 4-5 on the KA.

I have not had to shift since April. I liked it at first, but now I find myself wanting more control.

Paddles ftw.

I would love that simply for the fact that it would mean I would be driving an Italian or Malaysian work of art, but I would really prefer to bang a shifter through it's gates.

Speaking of shifting, what do you think about Hurst short shift kits ? I'm tempted to get one for the Jeep...boat rowing isn't my hobby. Do they have any parts that can wear fast ?

I don't know about the Jeep kits. All I know about is Mustang kits. My dad is old school and uses only Hurst shifters. All his Mustangs have Hurst shifters. I've never had any issues with them and they improve the notchiness of a stock shifter, but there are other shifters for Mustangs I would choose first.

i've got a Hurst in my Camaro and no complaints with it. SLP stuck them in their cars for most of the 4th gen F-body offerings

I can't change my signature without redoing the woman...says it is too big for sigs so the edit doesn't work. Figured since I own neither car in the sig it should change.

feels like i posted that before... still funny as hell