mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Have you checked out ca-f yet Duran?

Teasing Duran TOP!

Sure can tell it is March! The wind is blowing like you would not believe here!

Bleh, fiberglass dust sucks...

And a couple more updates:

Fresh belt, sanded & cleaned clutches, sheave clearance checked (first sled I've ever owned that was in spec when I bought it!!!), exhaust valves cleaned, but most importantly I allowed it to fit me :)

Rox adjustable bar riser. 4" of adjustability. I can pull it low for great snow conditions and high mileage days on groomed trails or yank it up for banging the ditches and play time :)

You are making me remember how badly I want to get some clutch work done on the Kawasaki Brute Force 750. This guy does work on them lightens them up substantially and allows the clutch to fully open and close which adds more top and low end gearing then stock.

Oh if I had the money, what I would do to that bike.

I hope you wear a mask.

:WTFBubble: so much drama on SSA recently.

It seems to be every where.

:WTFBubble: so much drama on SSA recently.

It seems to be every where.

It's all shit, just gotta tune it out or laugh no matter how infuriating it is.

I get to spend all my extra income this month paying off court fees and defensive driving for a ticket.... yay....

I just realized that I have been in the negative every month lately unless I had some source of extra income come in for that month. ugh...

I hope you wear a mask.

Every time I sand. This time I was cleaning the floor with the vacuum, had lots of mdf chips to clean. As soon as I hit a small patch of FG dust, BAM, dust everywhere.

And I'm going to move away from mechanical sanding fiberglass. Elbow grease = less dust in the air.

I just realized that I have been in the negative every month lately unless I had some source of extra income come in for that month. ugh...

Yup. I'm negative untill about august.

That's changing drastically this year though.

:eek5wavey:

Presented Without Comment

Hence why I work 2 jobs. I don't enjoy 50-60hr weeks for my health, although it does cut down on time I'm bored.

I hope you wear a mask.

Every time I sand. This time I was cleaning the floor with the vacuum, had lots of mdf chips to clean. As soon as I hit a small patch of FG dust, BAM, dust everywhere.

And I'm going to move away from mechanical sanding fiberglass. Elbow grease = less dust in the air.

You should start wet sanding.

Hence why I work 2 jobs. I don't enjoy 50-60hr weeks for my health, although it does cut down on time I'm bored.

You work too much anymore than 48hrs is just nuts. ;)

This is on my wish list for this coming season.

I'm completely ignorant in this but why is a 2 stroke better than a 4 stroke for sleds Sean?

Power on every stroke instead of every other.

Two downfalls. Narrow RPM band to deliver power - gotta love the belt drive which by default is a CVT (ie you can spin at max power nearly whenever you want) and the other is Emissions/efficiency since by default a 2 stroke dumps some gas straight through into the exhaust being they are both open at the same time. Of course, neither are issues on snowmobiles.

Another HUGE advantage is cheap parts and simple design. Considering that it is a vehicle you run at WOT a great percentage of the time this is important as typical rebuilds are in the 10k mi range.

I'm completely ignorant in this but why is a 2 stroke better than a 4 stroke for sleds Sean?

I'm going to take a guess, their lighter / easier to maneuver (due to less weight) / engine lasts longer and rebuilding the engine cost a lot less :ughdunno:

Lighter is a good one too. And yes that helps maneuverability. The engines actually don't last as long, but per mile they are cheaper.

I've worked nearly 60 hours a week my whole life. I don't know any differently.

I hope you wear a mask.

You should start wet sanding.

Once I go over 120 grit, it's all wet sanding :)